Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks awesome!! I have been wanting to do my fender flares, this helps!
Sponsored

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Line-X is great stuff. It doesn't fade and get chalky like the old rhino liner did. I had it on my F-150 and it held up great for nearly 6 years. Very easy to clean. I'm planning to get my bumpers, fenders, roll bars, and bottom 3 or 4 inches (pinch weld area up to do plate) done very soon.

Brak101

Badlands
First Name
Brak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Line-X is great stuff. It doesn't fade and get chalky like the old rhino liner did. I had it on my F-150 and it held up great for nearly 6 years. Very easy to clean. I'm planning to get my bumpers, fenders, roll bars, and bottom 3 or 4 inches (pinch weld area up to do plate) done very soon.
For those of you worried about long-lasting durability, it's Line-X! This stuff is great! I had the entire tub of my 2002 Jeep coated, and I beat that thing up like a truck (no rear seat make it my truck bed), and after a power washer, the stuff always looked brand new. This is the kind of "wash-out" interior that I wish Ford was offering.

After my rock sliders started rusting on it, I had them blasted and coated with Line-X, and they looked brand new for 10+ years! (until I sold it) So it clearly holds up to UV better than anything I have ever seen. Plus, if it ever does crack or chip, take it back to the dealer and show it to them. This stuff is super easy for them to fix!

I think it looks great! Something I never would have even thought to consider on the MIC top.

OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I had planned to do since we saw the mismatched gray pieces. Any chance of you uploading the original (bigger) photos. I'd like to pull them up on my desk top to get a sense of the detail. Also if you did the area in front of the windshield and/or rear views, those pictures would be awesome too.

I have 2 Line-X places within proximity to me. Was hoping to start a bidding war. I've only gotten a quote from 1. He wants $800 for the top. I want to do all the black/gray parts if I can afford it. ...and if I ever get a Bronco. 800 days only feels like forever.
Just remember, I had my Line-x applied, with a "fine tip" spray, which results in more material waste and more labor incurred. The price for this type of a spray, will be more than the price for the Truck Bed type of spray.

OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome, but never did I think my panels looked mismatched. Maybe I got lucky, maybe I'm blind. Either way I think it looks great!
My panels varied from a Grey to a Grey/Green color!

Sponsored

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think Line X also offers lifetime warranty on their product, just can't remember if that only applies for truck beds.

I know they will say it is not optimal for application on plastic (like the fenders), but I had plastic panels and covers sprayed on my truck and there was no problem with adhesion or failure at all.

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@drummboy36

The white top looks great. Is this LineX finish? Was this sanding, bondo fill, more sanding etc prep ($$$$$), or something simpler?

I just called our local Line-X guy. He has done Jeep tops, but no Bronco tops yet. He did say the white color is problematic. He says the color yellows with time.

Last edited:

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was side mirrors not an option? I feel like it looks good but the side mirrors look off now

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@drummboy36

I just called our local Line-X guy. He has done Jeep tops, but no Bronco tops yet. He did say the white color is problematic. He says the color yellows with time.
Maybe it can be then lightly resprayed or painted ? Also, aren't some versions of the Linex with UV protection ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was side mirrors not an option? I feel like it looks good but the side mirrors look off now
It was an option, as were the door handles, grill, rubber gaskets, and fender-corner markers. I decided to limit the use of the Line-x, to my four roof panels, four side panels, and my fender flares, as I likes the "close color match" and smoother finish on these non-roof kinda items.

pirwin01

Badlands
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any added weight to the top panels?
I sprayed bed liner on my F150, Fender flares, rocker panels, and rear bumper. The total added weight was 12lbs. Bed liner doesn't weigh much. It looks heavy because of the texture but the total weight is not much more than normal paint. I am about to paint the fender flares on my Bronco. I will make sure to take the weight of the materials used.

Badlands51

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just remember, I had my Line-x applied, with a "fine tip" spray, which results in more material waste and more labor incurred. The price for this type of a spray, will be more than the price for the Truck Bed type of spray.
I wish my Line-X dealers in the Chicago area would use the fine tip spray. I had the rock rails and metal bumpers on my Jeep JK sprayed fine tip ULTRA. But, when I picked them up, they had the standard spray on them... with no going back.

https://linex.com/ultra

Moab Bumper.jpg

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I donā€™t see grey at allā€¦..I do see a really nice textured black.
Looks great!
Third picture down, the fender looks grey compared to the black of the bumper! Looking at the shadow on the ground, the sun is obviously directly shining on the fender, which I have a feeling is why it looks grey, but it is definitely grey!

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Third picture down, the fender looks grey compared to the black of the bumper! Looking at the shadow on the ground, the sun is obviously directly shining on the fender, which I have a feeling is why it looks grey, but it is definitely grey!
Donā€™t see itā€¦..but whateverā€¦..plus OP says itā€™s black.
You may call it whatever you likešŸ˜‰
Sponsored