Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And this is posted under Southeast because...
Sponsored

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I finally saw the bronco at an event in Indiana where Bronco reps were driving them on a “tour” showing them off.
let me start off by saying I have been reading reviews here on people larger than myself and was quite optimistic. I am 6’3” 240 lbs.
However, I am not sure how I feel. People kept saying the bronco was big... I don’t see that. If anything it was small. I got to look at a 4 dr Badlands 2.3 7 speed manual, leather with Lux pkg. they demonstrated the door removal and the guy lazily removed one door in 49 seconds. Overall I liked the Bronco but I did feel the width was a little lacking (slightly better than a Jeep) and the dash seemed tiny, I mean tiny. The back seat room was a little disappointing for me but not horrible. By disappointing I thought it would feel closer to maybe a Ranger but I felt it (the Bronco) was a little more cramped and I never even shut the door on the bronco. Front leg room was adequate, I just couldn’t get over how small the dash was. It felt go-kart ish. A realistic look at the rear storage it was small too. I couldn’t imagine the 2 door cargo area. I will say it definitely looks awesome. Overall I’m having mixed feelings about the Bronco. I’ve seen so many pictures and it seems bigger in them Than in person. I feel like my review is kind of negative, but there was plenty of cool stuff too. Like being that the dash seemed small the locker and anti sway bar disconnect buttons were easy to reach and forward visibility seemed outstanding. This one had the optional wheels with 33s I thought the stance was nice and it looked great. The front seats were comfortable and the back was decent. Everything (switches) were put in a place that made sense. Very user friendly. I will say I have read about this before but if you are my size or bigger, you will not be sitting in the back seat with the soft top due the the bar that runs across over your head. I actually hit my head on it because I couldn’t see it when they flipped the front of the top back. Sorry for the negative vibe but I feel just like every vehicle that is not a full size is so much of a compromise for taller (6’ +) people. People 6 foot and shorter will love this thing. Thanks.

43AE1590-4695-4400-AF4F-DBB2B9B0A862.jpeg

0E689CB8-F3CB-4E9C-B028-58BD4C427DBD.jpeg

D4D246C2-C0B8-4AEA-B8EC-E41096E9060E.jpeg

D8E570D4-E561-4E0B-8FEA-EAC6252127B4.jpeg

9129C0AA-37ED-4AC1-BAF2-FB62FD1133F9.jpeg
Thank you for your perspective. This forum is full of 1st time Bronco owners. And there are a shit ton of 1st time owners well beyond that.

Sprinkle in a few who've owned or still own EB's and finally those who've owned FSB's.

So basically a small group (former/current Bronco owners) that's mostly all in no matter what.

And then a good percentage that have no clue what they are buying sight unseen. I expect to see quite a few people that won't be happy with their purchase due to size or ride.

So in the end, everyone's opinion matters. The good and the bad.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good review, being 6ft - 190lbs it sounds like it will fit like a glove. I explained to my son that being big works great on a a football field or basketball court but has some real disadvantages living everyday life once the lights turn off.
At 6’1” 209 I had plenty of room, very comfortable. You can be quite a bit bigger than me and be fine...lots of bigger guys have and like Jeeps and this is definitely bigger.

Sponsored

B52HVet

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2013 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I finally saw the bronco at an event in Indiana where Bronco reps were driving them on a “tour” showing them off.
let me start off by saying I have been reading reviews here on people larger than myself and was quite optimistic. I am 6’3” 240 lbs.
However, I am not sure how I feel. People kept saying the bronco was big... I don’t see that. If anything it was small. I got to look at a 4 dr Badlands 2.3 7 speed manual, leather with Lux pkg. they demonstrated the door removal and the guy lazily removed one door in 49 seconds. Overall I liked the Bronco but I did feel the width was a little lacking (slightly better than a Jeep) and the dash seemed tiny, I mean tiny. The back seat room was a little disappointing for me but not horrible. By disappointing I thought it would feel closer to maybe a Ranger but I felt it (the Bronco) was a little more cramped and I never even shut the door on the bronco. Front leg room was adequate, I just couldn’t get over how small the dash was. It felt go-kart ish. A realistic look at the rear storage it was small too. I couldn’t imagine the 2 door cargo area. I will say it definitely looks awesome. Overall I’m having mixed feelings about the Bronco. I’ve seen so many pictures and it seems bigger in them Than in person. I feel like my review is kind of negative, but there was plenty of cool stuff too. Like being that the dash seemed small the locker and anti sway bar disconnect buttons were easy to reach and forward visibility seemed outstanding. This one had the optional wheels with 33s I thought the stance was nice and it looked great. The front seats were comfortable and the back was decent. Everything (switches) were put in a place that made sense. Very user friendly. I will say I have read about this before but if you are my size or bigger, you will not be sitting in the back seat with the soft top due the the bar that runs across over your head. I actually hit my head on it because I couldn’t see it when they flipped the front of the top back. Sorry for the negative vibe but I feel just like every vehicle that is not a full size is so much of a compromise for taller (6’ +) people. People 6 foot and shorter will love this thing. Thanks.

43AE1590-4695-4400-AF4F-DBB2B9B0A862.jpeg

0E689CB8-F3CB-4E9C-B028-58BD4C427DBD.jpeg

D4D246C2-C0B8-4AEA-B8EC-E41096E9060E.jpeg

D8E570D4-E561-4E0B-8FEA-EAC6252127B4.jpeg

9129C0AA-37ED-4AC1-BAF2-FB62FD1133F9.jpeg
I am right there with you. I'm 6'2" and 240, sat in a 4dr BD and OBX today after driving to see them in my wife's 2014 Honda CR-V....and I hate to say this, but they're very damn nearly the same size. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm really second guessing the whole thing.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ditto. I have an OBX sas reservation to replace my outback. We just came back from OBX today ironically. It was one fight over the next to fit everyone in plus cargo. Half a day to load on each end of the trip arguing over what we can and cannot bring. Unloading, reloading like a jigsaw puzzle.

On paper the bronco is the same or less to my outback. As I’m sitting on the beach, a guy pulls up in a new lifted F150 with 35s. And I’m thinking man...if I wasn’t so involved in the bronco over the past year (so many hours invested) it would be much easier to do what’s right and get the full size. But on the flip side, I just can’t walk from the bronco. I’m still getting it. But it won’t solve anything. I’ll very likely need to upgrade my other vehicle with a full size truck to serve family duty. I just don’t think the bronco will cut it. Sure I could load everything up to the ceiling and get going, but it just doesn’t seem...ideal...but still willing to give it a shot for the short term.

Honestly looking at the trunk - it’s small but tall. Our stroller, collapsible wagon, toys, snacks, etc will fill up the entire load floor before we even get to packing our luggage above it.

Last edited:

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the reasons I went with the 2 door is that the 4 door just isn't that big.

Many call it the big bronco but everytime I read it I think "but it isn't that big".

I view the 2 door like my wife's fiesta, and the 4 door like my subaru impreza.

The one thing I have going for me is my absurdly short legs, makes it so I can drive with the seat really far forward so back passengers have plenty of room.

I can't wait to see it in person, May 4, is our local event. I've got low expectations for room so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you really need to drive them to know for sure. I'm 6'3" and felt the width and dash depth was good but was a little worried about head room with the hard top.

Completely agree about the rear cargo area. Worst part of the bronco in my opinion. I feel like the money went to the suspension, tech and exterior design and then they pinched pennies on the interior especially the rear half. The fact that there isn't a fold flat floor or a removeable rear seat to maximize an area that small is crazy to me. Then you have the locking mechanism taking out a wedge, when a tailgate likely wouldn't have done that.
It’s also the price we pay for body on frame construction and good wheel travel. It’s very difficult to get good rear cargo volume, good off road performance and decent ride quality. I can’t think of any body on frame SUV with great rear interior volume other than my “full size” 5G Bronco that wouldn’t come close to meeting current crash/rollover or ride and handling standards. It’s still often an engineering and cost trade off.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am right there with you. I'm 6'2" and 240, sat in a 4dr BD and OBX today after driving to see them in my wife's 2014 Honda CR-V....and I hate to say this, but they're very damn nearly the same size. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm really second guessing the whole thing.
I just mentioned this related to another post, but “unibody” vs. body on frame will always equate to trade offs. Interior packaging being a big area of compromise. Sort of like the next step for ultimate off road durability with solid front axle. Ultimately it’s probably the most durable for off road, but for me, not worth the trade off in ride and handling. Bronco Sport, CRV, RAV4 all have better use of space and likely better on road characteristics, but that trade off is not worth it for me related to durability and off road ability. We all assess our use cases (we have 17 Explorer that serves as our family cruiser) and make our purchase decisions!

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the reasons I went with the 2 door is that the 4 door just isn't that big.

Many call it the big bronco but everytime I read it I think "but it isn't that big".

I view the 2 door like my wife's fiesta, and the 4 door like my subaru impreza.

The one thing I have going for me is my absurdly short legs, makes it so I can drive with the seat really far forward so back passengers have plenty of room.

I can't wait to see it in person, May 4, is our local event. I've got low expectations for room so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Well I hope you get to see a 2dr in person because that trunk is TINY. and it gets smaller as it goes taller. A lot of people here removing the back seats.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s also the price we pay for body on frame construction and good wheel travel. It’s very difficult to get good rear cargo volume, good off road performance and decent ride quality. I can’t think of any body on frame SUV with great rear interior volume other than my “full size” 5G Bronco that wouldn’t come close to meeting current crash/rollover or ride and handling standards. It’s still often an engineering and cost trade off.
Yet, modern trucks seemingly have no-issues. An SUV is perhaps a bit heavier and perhaps more expensive, but it seems like there has to be more to it.

It's probably also tied to mileage standards. Not many companies outside of Ram are actively building vehicles that get sub 15mpg.

As ridiculous as the new electric GM Hummer appears, I have to give them credit for the first new full size "off-roader" in a LONG Time. Landcruiser and 4 runner both do a pretty good job with some compromise as you said, so I think there is hope in the next few years for this segment to grow.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget that she goes topless! That's HUGE in my mind! A convertible SUV!!! Who could ask for more? There are a lot of *better* options out there if you're looking for just another SUV with a perfectly designed interior. This isn't meant to be that. This is rugged, this is dirty, this is topless! It's a lifestyle ;)
Sponsored