First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW someone measured the Sasquatch fender flares some time back at it was 5". I measured the non-Sasquatch fender flares today at 3.75. So 1.25 inches difference. The math works out fairly close with the extra width the tire/2 and the 25 mm difference in wheel offset. .6+.98
Sponsored

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really liked the stance of the Bronco amd the capability, so to be honest I’m buying one for off roading on the weekend with my two boys. I’m keeping my F150 for straight family duty.

JDUBW89

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A friend just got a Bronco Sport - Outer Banks. It looks great but is SUPER tiny. So if people are saying the Bronco big by comparing it to the Bronco Sport - that's not saying much.

So I finally saw the bronco at an event in Indiana where Bronco reps were driving them on a “tour” showing them off.
let me start off by saying I have been reading reviews here on people larger than myself and was quite optimistic. I am 6’3” 240 lbs.
However, I am not sure how I feel. People kept saying the bronco was big... I don’t see that. If anything it was small. I got to look at a 4 dr Badlands 2.3 7 speed manual, leather with Lux pkg. they demonstrated the door removal and the guy lazily removed one door in 49 seconds. Overall I liked the Bronco but I did feel the width was a little lacking (slightly better than a Jeep) and the dash seemed tiny, I mean tiny. The back seat room was a little disappointing for me but not horrible. By disappointing I thought it would feel closer to maybe a Ranger but I felt it (the Bronco) was a little more cramped and I never even shut the door on the bronco. Front leg room was adequate, I just couldn’t get over how small the dash was. It felt go-kart ish. A realistic look at the rear storage it was small too. I couldn’t imagine the 2 door cargo area. I will say it definitely looks awesome. Overall I’m having mixed feelings about the Bronco. I’ve seen so many pictures and it seems bigger in them Than in person. I feel like my review is kind of negative, but there was plenty of cool stuff too. Like being that the dash seemed small the locker and anti sway bar disconnect buttons were easy to reach and forward visibility seemed outstanding. This one had the optional wheels with 33s I thought the stance was nice and it looked great. The front seats were comfortable and the back was decent. Everything (switches) were put in a place that made sense. Very user friendly. I will say I have read about this before but if you are my size or bigger, you will not be sitting in the back seat with the soft top due the the bar that runs across over your head. I actually hit my head on it because I couldn’t see it when they flipped the front of the top back. Sorry for the negative vibe but I feel just like every vehicle that is not a full size is so much of a compromise for taller (6’ +) people. People 6 foot and shorter will love this thing. Thanks.

43AE1590-4695-4400-AF4F-DBB2B9B0A862.jpeg

0E689CB8-F3CB-4E9C-B028-58BD4C427DBD.jpeg

D4D246C2-C0B8-4AEA-B8EC-E41096E9060E.jpeg

D8E570D4-E561-4E0B-8FEA-EAC6252127B4.jpeg

9129C0AA-37ED-4AC1-BAF2-FB62FD1133F9.jpeg

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget that she goes topless! That's HUGE in my mind! A convertible SUV!!! Who could ask for more? There are a lot of *better* options out there if you're looking for just another SUV with a perfectly designed interior. This isn't meant to be that. This is rugged, this is dirty, this is topless! It's a lifestyle ;)
You hit the nail on the head. The Bronco will be successful simply because you can take the top off and it’s fun :)
From a standpoint of selling vehicles, that’s the most important feature.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You hit the nail on the head. The Bronco will be successful simply because you can take the top off and it’s fun :)
Don't forget that she goes topless! That's HUGE in my mind! A convertible SUV!!! Who could ask for more? There are a lot of *better* options out there if you're looking for just another SUV with a perfectly designed interior. This isn't meant to be that. This is rugged, this is dirty, this is topless! It's a lifestyle ;)
That’s a good point, that and the capability are the most appealing to me. I do have little things I get picky about, but to me it gets canceled out by those most important traits. After a night to sleep on it I’m more excited about the Bronco than I have been in months tbh.

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A friend just got a Bronco Sport - Outer Banks. It looks great but is SUPER tiny. So if people are saying the Bronco big by comparing it to the Bronco Sport - that's not saying much.
The sport IS tiny. The bronco just in my mind and expectation was smaller than I thought. But the proportions were really good. And even at 6’3” with no Sasquatch pkg the step down out of the Bronco is a doozy. Just kinda slid out. Lol

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just because the comparisons have been made multiple times, how wide is the Ford Explorer and f150 in comparison to the bronco??

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
just because the comparisons have been made multiple times, how wide is the Ford Explorer and f150 in comparison to the bronco??
Are we talking exterior or interior comparison? It isn’t even close to an F150 interior wise. Closer to the explorer. I felt width wise the explorer has more interior space but the Bronco has the same or “seemingly” better leg comfort. Just my opinion on how it “felt”. I drive my wife’s explorer quite a bit and felt the bronco was comparable, but because the bronco is body on frame it loses some of the interior height. They did a pretty good job maximizing interior space on the Bronco compared to the physical size of the body which is small looking IMO. I thought forward visibility on the Bronco was pretty amazing. Way better than the F150 and explorer.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably all depends on what we’re used to. I’m currently driving a Honda Fit so the bronco might seem roomy in comparison.

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are we talking exterior or interior comparison? It isn’t even close to an F150 interior wise. Closer to the explorer. I felt width wise the explorer has more interior space but the Bronco has the same or “seemingly” better leg comfort. Just my opinion on how it “felt”. I drive my wife’s explorer quite a bit and felt the bronco was comparable, but because the bronco is body on frame it loses some of the interior height. They did a pretty good job maximizing interior space on the Bronco compared to the physical size of the body which is small looking IMO. I thought forward visibility on the Bronco was pretty amazing. Way better than the F150 and explorer.
Yes. I was asking about how it compares to width of interior.
Also, why does body on frame lose height ?

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From a standpoint of selling vehicles, that’s the most important feature.
If the top goes down, the price goes up!!!! And the fun!!!!

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes. I was asking about how it compares to width of interior.
Also, why does body on frame lose height ?
I guess I would say it loses depth. Because the frame rails run underneath the floor this typically causes less depth for the floor pans. I did notice that in the back seat of the Bronco that my knees are elevated which would be a result of this. It’s not a big deal and can easily be overlooked for the benefits it provides in capability.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I would say it loses depth. Because the frame rails run underneath the floor this typically causes less depth for the floor pans. I did notice that in the back seat of the Bronco that my knees are elevated which would be a result of this. It’s not a big deal and can easily be overlooked for the benefits it provides in capability.
Thanks for trying. Not sure I understand but thanks anyway.