mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for trying. Not sure I understand but thanks anyway.
Ok, one more time. In addition to the video posted on the previous page, the unibody doesn’t have a gap between the body and frame that allows the floor pans of the interior to ride lower ( basically right on the subframe). With the body on frame design there is a gap between and the body has rubber bushings that the body sits on that absorbs impacts and vibrations from the driving surface that tend to smooth out the feel of the ride. Therefor the interior floor of the body on frame sit higher above the frame. Also like in the video, a body on frame actually has a larger, heavier frame and all of the lines, exhaust, and other under body components sit between the frame rails. On unibody applications the exhaust and other components (like the fuel tank) are stashed somewhere like under the rear seat or trunk or anywhere else there is room. I hope that helps but there are more videos that explain the differences of the two on YouTube.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I finally saw the bronco at an event in Indiana where Bronco reps were driving them on a “tour” showing them off.
let me start off by saying I have been reading reviews here on people larger than myself and was quite optimistic. I am 6’3” 240 lbs.
However, I am not sure how I feel. People kept saying the bronco was big... I don’t see that. If anything it was small. I got to look at a 4 dr Badlands 2.3 7 speed manual, leather with Lux pkg. they demonstrated the door removal and the guy lazily removed one door in 49 seconds. Overall I liked the Bronco but I did feel the width was a little lacking (slightly better than a Jeep) and the dash seemed tiny, I mean tiny. The back seat room was a little disappointing for me but not horrible. By disappointing I thought it would feel closer to maybe a Ranger but I felt it (the Bronco) was a little more cramped and I never even shut the door on the bronco. Front leg room was adequate, I just couldn’t get over how small the dash was. It felt go-kart ish. A realistic look at the rear storage it was small too. I couldn’t imagine the 2 door cargo area. I will say it definitely looks awesome. Overall I’m having mixed feelings about the Bronco. I’ve seen so many pictures and it seems bigger in them Than in person. I feel like my review is kind of negative, but there was plenty of cool stuff too. Like being that the dash seemed small the locker and anti sway bar disconnect buttons were easy to reach and forward visibility seemed outstanding. This one had the optional wheels with 33s I thought the stance was nice and it looked great. The front seats were comfortable and the back was decent. Everything (switches) were put in a place that made sense. Very user friendly. I will say I have read about this before but if you are my size or bigger, you will not be sitting in the back seat with the soft top due the the bar that runs across over your head. I actually hit my head on it because I couldn’t see it when they flipped the front of the top back. Sorry for the negative vibe but I feel just like every vehicle that is not a full size is so much of a compromise for taller (6’ +) people. People 6 foot and shorter will love this thing. Thanks.

43AE1590-4695-4400-AF4F-DBB2B9B0A862.jpeg

0E689CB8-F3CB-4E9C-B028-58BD4C427DBD.jpeg

D4D246C2-C0B8-4AEA-B8EC-E41096E9060E.jpeg

D8E570D4-E561-4E0B-8FEA-EAC6252127B4.jpeg

9129C0AA-37ED-4AC1-BAF2-FB62FD1133F9.jpeg
This is a good and honest review. I think anything less than a full size vehicle is a compromise
So I finally saw the bronco at an event in Indiana where Bronco reps were driving them on a “tour” showing them off.
let me start off by saying I have been reading reviews here on people larger than myself and was quite optimistic. I am 6’3” 240 lbs.
However, I am not sure how I feel. People kept saying the bronco was big... I don’t see that. If anything it was small. I got to look at a 4 dr Badlands 2.3 7 speed manual, leather with Lux pkg. they demonstrated the door removal and the guy lazily removed one door in 49 seconds. Overall I liked the Bronco but I did feel the width was a little lacking (slightly better than a Jeep) and the dash seemed tiny, I mean tiny. The back seat room was a little disappointing for me but not horrible. By disappointing I thought it would feel closer to maybe a Ranger but I felt it (the Bronco) was a little more cramped and I never even shut the door on the bronco. Front leg room was adequate, I just couldn’t get over how small the dash was. It felt go-kart ish. A realistic look at the rear storage it was small too. I couldn’t imagine the 2 door cargo area. I will say it definitely looks awesome. Overall I’m having mixed feelings about the Bronco. I’ve seen so many pictures and it seems bigger in them Than in person. I feel like my review is kind of negative, but there was plenty of cool stuff too. Like being that the dash seemed small the locker and anti sway bar disconnect buttons were easy to reach and forward visibility seemed outstanding. This one had the optional wheels with 33s I thought the stance was nice and it looked great. The front seats were comfortable and the back was decent. Everything (switches) were put in a place that made sense. Very user friendly. I will say I have read about this before but if you are my size or bigger, you will not be sitting in the back seat with the soft top due the the bar that runs across over your head. I actually hit my head on it because I couldn’t see it when they flipped the front of the top back. Sorry for the negative vibe but I feel just like every vehicle that is not a full size is so much of a compromise for taller (6’ +) people. People 6 foot and shorter will love this thing. Thanks.

43AE1590-4695-4400-AF4F-DBB2B9B0A862.jpeg

0E689CB8-F3CB-4E9C-B028-58BD4C427DBD.jpeg

D4D246C2-C0B8-4AEA-B8EC-E41096E9060E.jpeg

D8E570D4-E561-4E0B-8FEA-EAC6252127B4.jpeg

9129C0AA-37ED-4AC1-BAF2-FB62FD1133F9.jpeg
I find the "tiny dash" comment kind of odd it certainly doesn't look tiny but I would think small is better. When it comes to cargo room the numbers are published 35.6 and 77.6 with seats folded. Coming from a Pontiac Vibe (Toyota Matrix) with 19.5 and 54.1 these numbers seem huge to me. I guess its all relative, if your coming from a full size truck or SUV its going to seem small. Good and honest review. Just looking at the photos it looks like you fit pretty well.

OP
OP
mustangfamily03

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a good and honest review. I think anything less than a full size vehicle is a compromise

I find the "tiny dash" comment kind of odd it certainly doesn't look tiny but I would think small is better. When it comes to cargo room the numbers are published 35.6 and 77.6 with seats folded. Coming from a Pontiac Vibe (Toyota Matrix) with 19.5 and 54.1 these numbers seem huge to me. I guess its all relative, if your coming from a full size truck or SUV its going to seem small. Good and honest review. Just looking at the photos it looks like you fit pretty well.
Thank you! Yeah the numbers are numbers until you actually see it right in front of you. The bronco wasn’t tiny, but it looked a little smaller than I thought it would. The dash looked large in the pics and videos which was my expectation until I saw it. It was average size, but a lot smaller than I anticipated. Honestly the more I thought about it the seating position and room in the drivers seat was very comparable to our 2018 explorer. Maybe my legs went out a little more than they went down, if that makes sense. Thanks again.
Sponsored