Sponsored

Finally test drove a Wildtrack Sasquatch… Compared to my G Wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GWs are cool but not worth the cost, I got rid of my AMG within six months. So many better cars in that class oh but wait where comparing to a bronco?!

Ford killed it again(MIC debacle aside..), just like all the Porsche converts to 350s.

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like it. But the flop top still looks like a steamy pile of cow dung.
Looks pretty cheap in person. The pic looks better than it looks in person

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On a positive note the Bronco sure looks better than the G Wagon shown in these pics. Really an apples to oranges comparison in terms of performance.
It is amazing what people will pay for an ugly car. Just put a high dollar amount on anything and someone will buy it.

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So let me get this straight, it is an underpowered truck with an ugly interior and crappy top and you and your son are going to each buy one. Lambo makes an suv that is probably more akin to your tastes. Unless of course you plan to venture to more challenging conditions than the Starbucks at the mall.
Well, my son is an adult with his own choices and reasons, and I’m looking forward to the build. Each vehicle has their own benefits and drawbacks. If you’re not interested in my post don’t read it. No reason to be a Dick.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So let me get this straight, it is an underpowered truck with an ugly interior and crappy top and you and your son are going to each buy one. Lambo makes an suv that is probably more akin to your tastes. Unless of course you plan to venture to more challenging conditions than the Starbucks at the mall.
Yes, I expected more power based on other reviews. Yes the interior that was selected for this Bronco looked terrible. Never mentioned the top. My son ordered his long ago. And I chose to actually drive one prior to buying one. That cover all of your troll questions?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Every time I see a G-Wagen, I wonder what type of person would buy a $130k+ vehicle, especially one built for things they'll never see. It's just indulgence and status at its core. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll never have that level of "fuck-you-money," but even if I did, I don't think I'd even consider one. Performance aside, those things are ugly. I'll choose aesthetics over performance every time.

So, different strokes for different folks. Hope you find what you're looking for, OP.

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the review. I have an area 51 blue badlands and haven't seen same color yet in WT trim. Looks good. See pics of mine.

Ok. So I like honest reviews like yours more than happy reviews. I have a few questions though.

1. Were you in sport mode, was AC on, was it hot outside with full tank of regular fuel vs high octane and 2 guys in car? These stupid little things shouldn't make a big difference but might help enough to brighten your next drive. I use to be a big V8 supercharge and NA power cars. Just since 2016 Ive been dipping into 4-6Cyl again after 15 years of high HEAVY power. Ive found these little things and any classy mods REALLY help the smaller turbo charged engines both OLD (1980s) up to NEW (Bronco).

In addition, you should probably just wait for the Raptor version lol. ;) Plus add some aftermarket goodies. But it still wont be a supercharged V8. However it will def go farther than the G will offroad. The few videos Ive seen of G wagons offroad are, forgive me, pretty shitty.

2. I wanted that interior color set up so bad that you hated lol. It looks WAY better on the iconic silver exterior. What dont you like?? My badlands only comes with one interior color combo opposite of yours. Much darker on color design with orange stitching/grab handles and mini (I mean tiny which is nice) camo look in the vinyl seats and arm rests on doors. See pics. I love the full vinyl seats in my badlands. Durable but soft. And cool. My wife and I actually love our badlands seats WAY MORE than our 4Runner seats my gosh those sucked butt i.e. really hard + we have same light color dash and doors as the one you drove. Best of both worlds I suppose.

I suggest either building a badlands or a raptor bronco with the manual trans, dark non leather interior and silver exterior. Raptor version will likely have the V6 TT engine in manual trans. Get it. Lol. I have the I4 with manual trans and biggest 47 axle on 37 tires etc. Plus sprint booster and few more things coming.. And it runs really strong!! First tank of 91 octane going in tomorrow :)

Keep us posted!!

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

20210922_211739.jpg

20210922_211750.jpg

20210922_211804.jpg

20210922_211822.jpg

20210922_211828.jpg
First of all, thanks. Way too many trolls on here. Your interior looks great. The combination on inner fabric with the outer fabric looked like leftovers to me. The “camo” part was totally not. I actually tried both normal and sport mode (sport was better of course) there was a girl in the front with me and we probably weighed 310 combine. Ford will be offering ”factory approved tunes” and getting more out of turbo motors is pretty simple. That being said, it wasn’t discouraging, just a bit unexpected based on the hooping and hollering about just how powerful it was. I’ve been planning a build for a very long time. BTW your Bronco looks awesome.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First of all, thanks. Way too many trolls on here.
To be fair I think it was the fact the you came to a Bronco forum with your "I drive a G-Wagon and the Bronco you poors can afford sucks" attitude that kinda set the pace of the thread. Correct?

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I expected more power based on other reviews. Yes the interior that was selected for this Bronco looked terrible. Never mentioned the top. My son ordered his long ago. And I chose to actually drive one prior to buying one. That cover all of your troll questions?
Still think the European stable of four wheel drive trucks would be more to your tastes. And that about covers it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be fair I think it was the fact the you came to a Bronco forum with your "I drive a G-Wagon and the Bronco you poors can afford sucks" attitude that kinda set the pace of the thread. Correct?
Never suggested what any could or could not afford. I’m a blue collar worker who saved to buy my used G with my own money.

OP
OP
Odd Ball

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still think the European stable of four wheel drive trucks would be more to your tastes. And that about covers it.
Suppose you should get back in your Prius and let me decide on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.