Sponsored

Fire Extinguisher Mounted Pics - Post Em!

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

+ 1 for the mOaR dOoR, eh @Tricky Dick? :sneaky:

I’m curious if anyones bolted anything to the rear roll bar, where those two exposed holes are. Seems like a logical spot.

CEA4A653-78FD-489D-B3A7-2964EB12BBF0.jpeg

Yes I have mine mounted there. Since this photo I moved it to the other side because I have a battery charging system on that side now. But this is the type of bolt you use.

Also check out my build thread. Some conversation about fire extinguishers in some of the earlier posts.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/meet-moon.41320/

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounted Pics - Post Em! IMG_3528

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounted Pics - Post Em! IMG_3481
Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My late 2021 Badlands has them (11/12/21 blend date), so it isn’t just a 2022+ thing. Maybe it was one of the undocumented Job 2 changes implemented in late 2021, when the factory rolled in the Hard Top Prep Kit for the people changing their orders from hard tops to soft tops to get quicker deliveries? 🤷‍♂️

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounted Pics - Post Em! IMG_3481
My quick release came in so I started designing an under seat bracket to mount it to. Hope to have it wrapped up today.

Since I saw these posts back to back, I have to ask, @JcrOffroad why are the round holes not lined up with the molle grid? I like my table but this always bugs me.
It’s an every other hole setup. Honestly, it comes down to cost savings. Reducing cut time on the laser.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made a mount that puts mine right in front of the driver's seat, tied to the seat rails, But I don't have pictures of it at work, I'll try to remember to post some this evening...

The more I've thought about it, and seen talking on wheeling forums though, I think you really should have two, One like I currently have that the driver can access without having to remove seatbelts/harnesses but also one like many here on the Rollbar in the back...

The one under the seat is for you, The one in the back is for someone coming to help you or when you need to help someone else...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s an every other hole setup. Honestly, it comes down to cost savings. Reducing cut time on the laser.
What I mean is why are they centered in the cross at the far left and gradually drift out of the cross as they move right?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made a mount that put's mine right in front of the driver's seat, tied to the seat rails, But I don't have pictures of it at work, I'll try to remember to post some this evening...
I'd like to see that. I'm attaching it to the rail release handle myself.

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took a piece of DOM just long enough to fit between the rails, then made some brackets and welded them to it so I could put them under the front bolts of the rails, then I bolted one of these to the DOM;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082CNTJVV

To make it a quick release.

You have to be mindful of the knob when moving the seat back ward and forward so you don't pinch your hand, but everything clears without issue...

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were looking at making a mount for these threaded holes. We stopped when we noticed our Badlands didn’t have those provisions but our wildtrak did.
My BL has those threaded holes. Believe it's a 2022+ thing.
It's a 9/1/2021+ (Job 2) thing. Mine was built that week and has one roll bar with holes and one without. :(

Considering having a shop add those hex nutserts to the other side. Ford doesn't care.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took a piece of DOM just long enough to fit between the rails, then made some brackets and welded them to it so I could put them under the front bolts of the rails, then I bolted one of these to the DOM;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082CNTJVV

To make it a quick release.

You have to be mindful of the knob when moving the seat back ward and forward so you don't pinch your hand, but everything clears without issue...
Sorry, really hard to get good pics in that small dark space, Lemme know if there is anything I can clear up..

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounted Pics - Post Em! PXL_20220504_232030295.MP

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounted Pics - Post Em! PXL_20220504_231819249
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounted Pics - Post Em! PXL_20220504_231943870.MP

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounted Pics - Post Em! 2E9AE418-F4A4-466E-A0B5-3C425598A57B

2.5 lb. Amerex ABC and Bartact mount. I like that I can just pop those two red ends of the Velcro straps and the whole thing releases instantly. The bottle can just stay in the bag while you use it.

I'm still going to get an Element to keep up front...

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is benefit of abc v bc extinguishers

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is benefit of abc v bc extinguishers
B Miller can verify, but I would think type A would cover most of your interior, as well as brush or anything else that catches fire outside the vehicle...

broncodeadhead

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Dodge Challenger, Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm curious if your rear rubber mat has a picture on the passenger rear underside indicating a cutout spot for a fire extinguisher. My same mat for the four door has the dotted outline showing where to cut the mat to accommodate what I assume is a bracket for a fire extinguisher. I haven't seen anything from Ford dealing with a factory mount though.

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounted Pics - Post Em! 2E9AE418-F4A4-466E-A0B5-3C425598A57B
Actually yes I do see that on my mat…..honestly I had not previously noticed it….but your question re a mount is a good one….maybe they are working on something…. But I’ve been happy with my JCR Molle panel mount, it’s very secure, but things are also easily removable with the quick fist attachments

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B Miller can verify, but I would think type A would cover most of your interior, as well as brush or anything else that catches fire outside the vehicle...
I googled. I see that A rating would be good for interior plastics, but I think the B rating would handle plastics as well, driven by flammable liquids. Plus I think the white extinguisher looks better. But what do I know.
Sponsored