Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got mine in this week after installing the Molle Panels. Used the popular Amazon quick release but painted the silver clamps black to match the rest of the black hardware. I did move the fire extinguisher location a couple of times before settling on the tailgate table. I figured it would be quicker to get from there if needed in an emergency versus the sides of the Molle panels. I still like the look of the roll bar though and may move it to the inner side one day.

I did a post on the Molle Panel installation here if anyone is interested: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...installing-rear-molle-panels-over-them.54804/

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 20221007_174932_resized

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 20221007_175039_resized

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on the above setup. After numerous drives and trail use I determined the fire extinguisher is putting enough weight on the table causing it to rattle badly. No amount of adjustments could correct it on the table mounts so I have since removed it. The good news is the rest of the gear didn't cause any rattles.

Question, I would like to drill a couple of holes into the roll bar and mount this same Amazon mount to the driver side interior. How thick is that to drill through and what kind of screws did anyone use. I assume self tapping screws is the only way to go for this.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that tuff. Just thick. I just pre drilled then added zip screws.
Thanks for the tips, per my post above I may give this a go this weekend. TBH, I never heard of "Zip Screws" but when I googled them I saw that they are basically the same as what I was referring to as "self tapping screws". Learn something everyday...

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed my 2.5# halotron on the back of my passenger seat molle panel using a H3R NB300 mount. Obviously it’s not good for rear passenger knee room in my 2 door, but I’m deleting the rear seats anyway. I can reach and manipulate this mount and position with the passenger seat all the way back when I’m belted in. I investigated mounting it in the driver footwell using the DDI bracket, but it would be in the way of my feet when I’m shifting my legs around on long trips and would prevent the seat from going forward enough for my short wife. I plan on also adding a 2.5# ABC in the cargo area, I think there is room on the right side roll bar if I use the Amerex two strap mount.

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 0F8C7AEA-8140-44B6-9E85-2096C14D7082
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 4D242DB5-8038-435D-9EE5-687E44C65566

Last edited:

Sponsored

Haddixx

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 4D242DB5-8038-435D-9EE5-687E44C65566

Used about 6 inch of Velcro and a velcro strap towards the upper end to secure it.
@JNY, that is a really creative solution. What is the strap that you used? Is it elastic? It looks like it fits in between the speaker and the roll bar and helps secure the stock fire extinguisher bracket to the roll bar?

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I originally mounted mine to the roll bar in the rear but decided to move it since. One, because it’s not the quickest place to get to in case of emergency, and also because it’s right in the open with the top off. I lost the safety pin off mine, pretty sure it flew off on the highway.
So I was bored today and made this:
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 3BAC2CB1-AF09-40C3-A473-1252B7D02431

Within easy reach from the driver seat, and doesn’t get in the way of the rear seats folding down. It also happens to be the sexiest fire extinguisher mount I’ve ever seen.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A question about fire extinguishers. Maybe the professionals can weigh in. The Weather Channel shows graphics like the one below, when telling you not to leave your kids or dog in the car on hot days. My First Alert ABC fire extinguisher, bought from Lowe's, says that it is suitable for use up to 120 degrees F. The Element web page says suitable for use up to 320 degrees F. I live in Florida, where it gets pretty hot. I have never actually measured the temperature inside the car after it has sat in the sun, although I probably will now. Is my First Alert going to blow up when it gets to be 140 degrees in the car? Or worse, probably, is it not going to work because it is hotter than 120 degrees F? Is this even something to be concerned about? Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this.
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 3BAC2CB1-AF09-40C3-A473-1252B7D02431
I live in New Mexico, and when I was in high school the solar gain through my windshield was enough to melt a plastic tic tacs box. Not just the candies- the box itself. I used to keep a cooking thermometer in my car just for fun, and have had temps in the car exceed 150F. I have the same concerns about fire bottles.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got this setup for Christmas. Tried incorporating the bottom strap for running under the extinguisher, but I don't have enough room on the roll bar to move it up to run the horizontal velcro through the loop. It's pretty solid as is, but having the bottom strap looped in would add some piece of mind.
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 20221226_090648_HDR

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man...guess I'm cheap. Just took the plastic wall hanger that comes with the fire extinguisher and bolted it to the roll bar. Added a velco strap around the whole thing as an extra support and called it a day.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made a mounting plate from 1/8" steel to attached to the roll bar with the factory threaded holes.

Used a 2.5 Lb. Halotron fire Extinguisher and Poly Performance quick release mount that I had laying around the shop.

We also keep an Element E50 up front.

8BsUghq.jpg

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If the fire extinguisher is for outside the vehicle or helping someone else out, makes sense. If its for your own vehicle, an alternative option is a fire suppression system with nozzles strategically placed in the engine bay and cabin

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen a lot of mentions of Element fire extinguishers, and I've had getting one on my to buy list for a while but right as I was about to pull the trigger I looked for videos of people testing them on YouTube and I wasn't super impressed. I really want to like these for their run-time and compactness but videos like this one make me think twice. It looks like if you did have an under hood fire, your best bet might be to toss it under the hood and close the hood and pray for the best.

Sponsored