Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there’s various fire extinguishers/mounts available for off-road vehicles - I’m curious what some of you have/will be going for? I’d like something I can ideally mount inside the rear cargo area, maybe to the rear pillar. Something secure, easy to grab, and ideally, something I don’t need to drill to mount.

After driving by an accident (with flames) the other day on the road, it got me thinking I should carry one - Hopefully never need to use it, but there in an emergency.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have a velcro mount on my Jeep. Its really secure. Doesn't move or rattle.
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher 20210704_122754
That looks like exactly what I’m after - Do you happen to have a link to this? Also, I assume it’s adjustable for various pillar widths? If you’ve seen a Bronco in-person (unlike me), would you saw this would fit as well? The Jeep’s pillar looks slightly narrower, but maybe I’m wrong.

PavementPrincess

Badlands
First Name
Asha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks like exactly what I’m after - Do you happen to have a link to this? Also, I assume it’s adjustable for various pillar widths? If you’ve seen a Bronco in-person (unlike me), would you saw this would fit as well? The Jeep’s pillar looks slightly narrower, but maybe I’m wrong.
Here's the link for it. Its definitely made for Jeep, as it fits perfectly around the bar. I haven't paid much attention to the size of the roll bar on the Bronco so I dont know if it'll fit. Hopefully many of these aftermarket companies will start pumping out the goodies for the Bronco soon!

https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugged-ridge-red-sport-bar-133052.html

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the link for it. Its definitely made for Jeep, as it fits perfectly around the bar. I haven't paid much attention to the size of the roll bar on the Bronco so I dont know if it'll fit. Hopefully many of these aftermarket companies will start pumping out the goodies for the Bronco soon!

https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugged-ridge-red-sport-bar-133052.html
Thanks!

Maybe one of the fine folks who have their Bronco already could measure the circumference around the rear pillar and post this measurement here? Also, if we could get a Jeep pillar measurement for reference too, that’d be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my personal opinion would be to place it on the floorboard in front of the front driver's side seat. if your car is on fire, you might not be able to open up the back or rear doors. if stuck in the car, you just reach between your legs and grab it, just like adjusting your seat. placing the fire extinguisher in the rear, is like the putting the emergency window breaker in a tool box in the back... if you can get to it you probably won't need it..

PavementPrincess

Badlands
First Name
Asha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!

Maybe one of the fine folks who have their Bronco already could measure the circumference around the rear pillar and post this measurement here? Also, if we could get a Jeep pillar measurement for reference too, that’d be greatly appreciated.
The Jeep pillar measures 11.5 in. at the top and 10.5 in. at the bottom.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

my personal opinion would be to place it on the floorboard in front of the front driver's side seat. if your car is on fire, you might not be able to open up the back or rear doors. if stuck in the car, you just reach between your legs and grab it, just like adjusting your seat. placing the fire extinguisher in the rear, is like the putting the emergency window breaker in a tool box in the back... if you can get to it you probably won't need it..
I carried one in my ‘83 in front of the driver seat. Used it twice on other people’s vehicles. It’s a good location.

If I can find a clean mount, that’s where I’ll put it.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m planning to switch to one of the Element extinguishers when my 2D arrives. I’ve never had the occasion to use one like this but it’s form factor and new tech is intriguing.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm going with one of these. Super small and can pack a couple if you need.

"Element | E50 – Element Fire Extinguishers" https://elementfire.com/products/element-e50
That is awesome! When I was in Basic Training we did some simple exercises with extinguishing fires using traditional cylinders, one of which accidentally discharged in the back of the Sergeant’s van. I was voluntold to clean it up. Nasty stuff, traditional dry powder (monoammonium phosphate). I breathed in a pile of that crap; made the double time March back to mess hell. This looks like the perfect solution!

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I ended up just buying one of those Element ones - Thanks again! Looks like there’s a mount for the rear pillar too, but I am likely just going to keep it in my glove box as it looks pretty small.

They aren’t cheap, but I was able to get a 10% off promo code (for some Canada Day promo). I watched the video from Jay Leno’s Garage and it’s very impressive. Yes, it’s more expensive but it’s smaller, lasts much longer, doesn’t expire, and seems pretty straight forward to use (although I hope I never have to use it).

$100 CDN is a small price to pay if I ever need one for myself or to help someone else in need.

Thanks again everyone!

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands