Sponsored

Firewall pass-through for power supply on 7MT.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was prepping for a powered sub install today. I’ve heard others use a small rubber grommet on the drivers side. On a manual transmission it looks to be used by the clutch. I could poke a hole in the giant rubber wire bundle pass-though but was hoping for another option.

Ford Bronco Firewall pass-through for power supply on 7MT. 9367D850-BF9C-4DFA-9B3D-0F6248E7F540
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are looking at the correct boot just not looking at the correct spot on the boot. There is a little “tit” that protrudes outward, that is where you feed the wire in to. Sorry, I just don’t know what else to call it and I can’t circle it on your photos due to be covered by the wires.

OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok got it. Found a pic. Thought people were using that other hole. That “tit” looks like a pain. Might just pop through somewhere else on that “skirt”.

Ford Bronco Firewall pass-through for power supply on 7MT. 1D7D2E64-8CC2-4817-AF7E-E6A02DC82587

You are looking at the correct boot just not looking at the correct spot on the boot. There is a little “tit” that protrudes outward, that is where you feed the wire in to. Sorry, I just don’t know what else to call it and I can’t circle it on your photos due to be covered by the wires.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s the spot

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok got it. Found a pic. Thought people were using that other hole. That “tit” looks like a pain. Might just pop through somewhere else on that “skirt”.

Ford Bronco Firewall pass-through for power supply on 7MT. 1D7D2E64-8CC2-4817-AF7E-E6A02DC82587
The big hole with no grommet is where the pass through is from the factory. My Broncos grommet was missing when I took delivery, hence the big empty hole.

Now, nothing says you can’t use the other one too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah the hole is used for the clutch in my manual transmission, so I have to use the other one.

The big hole with no grommet is where the pass through is from the factory. My Broncos grommet was missing when I took delivery, hence the big empty hole.

Now, nothing says you can’t use the other one too.

JGayler911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What did you end up doing?

OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ended up using the proper “teet”. It was a pain and I have the busted knuckles to prove it. Really not hard if you have the right tools and experience. Took me a couple tries using different methods to pull the wire through. Punched through with a flat head screwdriver and string ended up working best for me to pull the wire.

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up using the proper “teet”. It was a pain and I have the busted knuckles to prove it. Really not hard if you have the right tools and experience. Took me a couple tries using different methods to pull the wire through. Punched through with a flat head screwdriver and string ended up working best for me to pull the wire.
Did you have to cut the end off the teet? I didnt try to much, but it didn't seem like it had a removable cap.

OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wasn’t sure how big the hole would be if I cut it off. So since I was only running a pretty small gauge wire I just poked through it.

Did you have to cut the end off the teet? I didnt try to much, but it didn't seem like it had a removable cap.

Sponsored

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wanted to confirm the OPs solution for future searches. I taped the wire to a long screwdriver and punched it thru then pulled it from the inside. A total pain in the #$% to get to, but works great.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wanted to confirm the OPs solution for future searches. I taped the wire to a long screwdriver and punched it thru then pulled it from the inside. A total pain in the #$% to get to, but works great.
Do you think this would be possible punching it through from the inside?

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suppose, but the angle might be hard. It's pretty tight in there.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish I’d found this thread earlier today.

Just got done installing a Midland MX-275. Cut a 1” vertical slit to the left of the harness. Poked a coat-hanger thorough, then cut the same 1” slit on the inside.

Passed the power / antenna through and off to the races. :)

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you for the picture. I have the manual as well and used this location. It took 3 times to get the wire to pull through, but finally got it. Laying on your back on the floor board is hell with that damn seat track about to puncture your lung......
Sponsored