Bronco32

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ya know, I think this is where the OBX is going to shine. If you switch all the door handles, mirrors, and fenders to color matched, that grey top is going to look at the very least ok but probably will look great with almost every color.
Totally agree that with the fender flares, door handles, and mirrors painted body color, the gray roof will not clash nearly as much as we are seeing in these pictures. I think it should look pretty good with the Big Bend carbonized gray grille and wheels too.

If you are buying an automatic transmission Big Bend and are now thinking about paying extra for the painted top, maybe put that money towards the OBX and keep the gray top?

Lots of strong opinions on this topic. Having fun reading them.
Sponsored

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't mind the roof, I do wish it was black but I'm still leaning towards a soft-top anyway.
Hot takes - silver still looks good, but the base front grill is terrible.
The base wheels are painted iconic silver. Looks pretty sharp with the same color on the body.

Also, I love the base grille and I’ll swap it onto whatever trim I end up with.

Jotica

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
AMB with Grey MIC is the direction I'm going. Should work as good as black with the top and fenders, but not as boring.
Hmmm this combo could be interesting... i would need to see it (or at least a rendering of it). I do like the AMB although it sometimes looks black or too dark, the gray top could maybe make it less dark?!?

An OBX in AMB with the gray top would match nicely, since the fenders, and mirrors are body color match... I agree the gray top with the other black finishes looks out of place.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was my thought, OBX, back on the list....

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The base wheels are painted iconic silver. Looks pretty sharp with the same color on the body.

Also, I love the base grille and I’ll swap it onto whatever trim I end up with.
I think the bad looks good too, rims are awesome.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was my thought, OBX, back on the list....
I think a lot of people will move to the OBX. Yes as it is its a mall crawler but it can be added to. Good way to save a little money with customization. It’s a good platform to get in under 50k (maybe under45k) from the factory with an option rear locker and then add bash plates when you can afford them along with removing the tube steps and putting on rock rails, also change the bumpers. If you were on the fence about the $1900 top you can just stick with the grey one because it will look great. You can take the OBX basically all the way to Wildtrak and anywhere in between.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What grey is that on what looks like a ranger? Dark enough to be carbonized? Or is it some other color not offered for the bronco?
1600960421926.png
Magnetic metallic gray is still an in-production (and popular) Ranger color. As Bronco and Ranger will be built on the same line, and as Ranger hasn't stopped making 2020 models yet, my guess is that these are the last trucks off the line before they take the line down for the big re-tooling to get both vehicles made in tandem.

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Magnetic metallic gray is still an in-production (and popular) Ranger color. As Bronco and Ranger will be built on the same line, and as Ranger hasn't stopped making 2020 models yet, my guess is that these are the last trucks off the line before they take the line down for the big re-tooling to get both vehicles made in tandem.
How does Magnetic compare to Carbonized? I have searched all over the Internet looking for a side-by-side comparison and have not found one.

Some sources say Magnetic is darker, others say it’s lighter. They can’t both be correct.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont see everyones beef with the yic grey top,it will go great with your mall crawler obx once you add on the chrome handles,mirror caps,and running boards.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a lot of people will move to the OBX. Yes as it is its a mall crawler but it can be added to. Good way to save a little money with customization. It’s a good platform to get in under 50k (maybe under45k) from the factory with an option rear locker and then add bash plates when you can afford them along with removing the tube steps and putting on rock rails, also change the bumpers. If you were on the fence about the $1900 top you can just stick with the grey one because it will look great. You can take the OBX basically all the way to Wildtrak and anywhere in between.
I was all set to go 4DR BB, mid package, 2.7, Rear Locker and add more off road biased steps and bumpers myself. I really want adaptive cruise and B&O but I can live without (back in the day I worked in high end mobile audio, I can probably put together an amp, speakers and sub with the factory head unit). Adaptive cruise is a luxury that I don’t have now, but have had on rentals. I loved it but, whatever. That leaves me with the bumper issue. So far, I do not like the way the modular works with a winch. That means potential aftermarket front. The OBX look may be harder to make look good with aftermarket bumpers. I am likely going to do an aftermarket rear with a class III hitch as mod #1 as well. At least the Bronco anticipation is keeping me off the streets ?

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is the grey one a base model or BD ? Are the wheels color matched or just greyish ?

c-silver-2021-bronco-production-line-factory-8-jpg.jpg
From the renders I was hoping the steelies would be retro looking steelies - but instead they look like a economy car that lost its hubcaps.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great pics, thanks!

I agree with above though... don't care for the grey top.
I'm actually OK with the gray top. It doesn't look sun faded to me since it's uniformly the same color rather than the top facing surface being lighter or any blotchiness. There is no way a black MIC top wouldn't eventually get some sun fade which would make it some kind of gray anyway. If you start out gray it would end up just a lighter gray. Besides I think it would look great with Cactus Gray or Iconic Silver. It might be too close to Carbonized Gray. But then I suppose if it was close enough it might look "body colored". ;)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How does Magnetic compare to Carbonized? I have searched all over the Internet looking for a side-by-side comparison and have not found one.

Some sources say Magnetic is darker, others say it’s lighter. They can’t both be correct.
We can't know right now! The replacement for Magnetic is Carbonized Gray Metallic ("CGM", for those constantly upset that "CG" means Cactus Gray). So there are no 2020 production vehicles in CGM for which to compare side by side.

Lightning Blue and Velocity Blue can be seen side-by-side because they were both in production during the same model year and that there has been a year of production for VB

Magnetic is a nice color, a buddy has it on his '15 Mustang GT. From what i've seen of CGM, CGM will be lighter and with smaller flake in it, more of a "liquid silver" than a dark gray metallic that Magnetic is. Please note that having seen Magnetic in person, I feel the back half of the Ranger in the pic below is more indicative to the actual color.

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver mache_people-jpg[1]

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver d9e885ba-2019-fordranger-01
Sponsored