First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could care less about the roof and I certainly won’t pay 2K just for a black one.
Sponsored

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup. Just when I thought I could live with the gray top I see pictures like this and I cringe. I want to like it because it's hard for me to justify the $1,900 it will cost to get Black. I just hope it won't cost as much on the two door because they come with a hard top anyways.
I or anyone for that matter can 'plasti-dip' spray the top a select color[mate].> i.e. white or black etc.

It's durable enough for spraying on rims and if you're tired of the color or want to try something different, simply peel, prep, and reapply.

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice! Thanks for sharing!.... the shadow black top does look way better than that grey one... looks my Bronco just got ~$1900 more expensive.
I agree that the grey doesn’t look amazing, but does it justify another $2000 for the modular, or can it be a taken to a shop to pain for much less?
Can’t wait for the B&P to figure all this out :/

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has been doing grey plastic bumpers and other trim pieces for a long time. I didn't like it on the Raptor and had a body shop paint them flat black. I guess the grey is the cheapest or blends with the most things, but it's been around forever. I'm glad they give us an option to change it from the factory.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did Ford ever give an explanation for the horrendous grey roof? I mean, how do they miss something so obvious. It completely kills an otherwise gorgeous vehicle.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the gray top... I'd definitely get that over black just for the heat soak factor in the summer... plus, I think it looks good, and will look great with the Velocity Blue

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A thin layer of black bed liner should look great on that top.
How much weight would that add to the roof?

Noah Dueker

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A shame about the grey MIC top. I'm not paying 1900 just to have a black colored top. Best body colors w/grey top IMO: Shadow Black, AMB, Area 51, Cactus Grey. Would LOVE Cyber Orange w/Black top but the $$$ for that combo is stupid.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Base wheels and headlights are just as bad
Wheels yes, but I actually like the headlights - they are still LED but have more a retro vibe that better suits the rest of the vehicle IMHO. Also will be waaaay cheaper to repair/replace.

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I now believe that Ford chose the Gray MIC roof in order to drive upgrades to the modular roof.
MIC is Molded in Color, right? So, why pic a color that doesn’t match anything else on the awesome Bronco?
oh well, looks like I am going to work some OT to pay off the roof upgrade...damn.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the production versions of the MIC grey tops we have seen recently. Looks like a nice finish and I like that the color is light enough it doesn't look like it's supposed to be black. Also, living in south Texas, the lighter the roof color the better. But I don't know how good cyber orange will look with a painted white roof, and I think a painted orange roof is too much, so I've been leaning heavily towards the grey hardtop. Looks good.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I or anyone for that matter can 'plasti-dip' spray the top a select color[mate].> i.e. white or black etc.

It's durable enough for spraying on rims and if you're tired of the color or want to try something different, simply peel, prep, and reapply.
I've plasti dipped plenty of things on my jeep and I'm not a fan of it. It's cool for temporary color changes, but It's too easy to take off by accident with a pressure washer or if a tree branch scrapes it on a tight trail.

There's a Linex shop close to me so I will probably get a quote from them about coating the MIC top and carbonized gray grille on the badlands shortly after taking delivery... It should still be less than $1,900 for a less durable finish on the modular top.
Sponsored