Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A shame about the grey MIC top. I'm not paying 1900 just to have a black colored top. Best body colors w/grey top IMO: Shadow Black, AMB, Area 51, Cactus Grey. Would LOVE Cyber Orange w/Black top but the $$$ for that combo is stupid.
AMB looks good with Gray MIC Top don't have to pay the extra while ordering or at a later stage. Phew! that's a relief and my Pocket is Happy:)

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The gray top would be better if the fender flares and bumpers were gray as well. Mismatching trim colors looks odd.

Bumpere: Black
Fender Flares: Black
Roof: Gray

Just doesn't look right, like Navy Pier and Cyber Orange.
Yes, the gray itself isn't bad, just the mismatch. Too many colors going on here, especially with the pillars being three different colors. This also turns me off about the white roof, which I am otherwise a fan of.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.

I can't wait to get this truck.
They come pre-faded lol

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know these are still pre-production, but it bothers me that at this point we are still seeing Badlands models with the wrong bumper.
I was thinking the same thing and it makes me worry that they just aren’t able to get all the production parts because of Covid. As far along as they are on the assembly line it begs the question if the whole slide in production is for bumpers, tops, or other random pieces they just can’t get or can only get them in small quantities. I could totally see small amounts of people high up on the list getting their Broncos in late March or April and just trickling out from there.

Appalachia_Ewok

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 PT Cruiser, '62 DeVille, '96 XJ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not getting the hate in this thread on the base bronco. Looks just like the BD except wheel color. Grill looks fine, just need to paint/sticker the emblem white/chrome/whatever to make it pop. I actually like the simpler look of the base lights over the fancy ones. Wheels look fine, although I'd prefer a different color you can paint them no problem. I don't care for the bumper or grey top, but they're not horrible, certainly on par with an equivalently priced Jeep, just not as good as the black top/modular bumper.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't mind the roof, I do wish it was black but I'm still leaning towards a soft-top anyway.
Hot takes - silver still looks good, but the base front grill is terrible.
...The base grill will be treated with some artistic paint designs....I'll have that grill looking pretty good.

Noah Dueker

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
AMB looks good with Gray MIC Top don't have to pay the extra while ordering or at a later stage. Phew! that's a relief and my Pocket is Happy:)
AMB with Grey MIC is the direction I'm going. Should work as good as black with the top and fenders, but not as boring.

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.

I can't wait to get this truck.
You should be safe, there's a painted roof option. They may also allow for a molded in black, unconfirmed - this is up to Ford. You could also buy someone's spare roof on e-bay. If not, there's always aftermarket.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is the grey one a base model or BD ? Are the wheels color matched or just greyish ?

c-silver-2021-bronco-production-line-factory-8-jpg.jpg
Only the Base comes with Steel Wheels. Big Bend and Black Diamond has the same Rim but in Black.
Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 1600963041259

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 1600963060498

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've plasti dipped plenty of things on my jeep and I'm not a fan of it. It's cool for temporary color changes, but It's too easy to take off by accident with a pressure washer or if a tree branch scrapes it on a tight trail.

There's a Linex shop close to me so I will probably get a quote from them about coating the MIC top and carbonized gray grille on the badlands shortly after taking delivery... It should still be less than $1,900 for a less durable finish on the modular top.
I agree on it's limitations depending on the application material.

Not sure if you tried? I found to increase the durability factor apporx. 10x is by using 'USC Spray Max 2k High Gloss Clearcoat Aerosol' as an adjunct after spraying multiple coats of Plasti-Dip to a properly de-greased and prepped surface.

This does however make the finished product glossy and much more difficult to remove, although possible. I would reserve this method if a more permanent application of the chosen color is desired.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not getting the hate in this thread on the base bronco. Looks just like the BD except wheel color. Grill looks fine, just need to paint/sticker the emblem white/chrome/whatever to make it pop. I actually like the simpler look of the base lights over the fancy ones. Wheels look fine, although I'd prefer a different color you can paint them no problem. I don't care for the bumper or grey top, but they're not horrible, certainly on par with an equivalently priced Jeep, just not as good as the black top/modular bumper.
Truthfully I want 33‘s, But there is some thing I like about the simplicity of the silver base with the silver wheels. It almost looks like what an old-school one from the factory might look like

Noah Dueker

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with your assessment of the grill. I prefer the lower trim lights, the slash-through-dot looks just a bit too future-y IMO.
Sponsored