Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ya know, I think this is where the OBX is going to shine. If you switch all the door handles, mirrors, and fenders to color matched, that grey top is going to look at the very least ok but probably will look great with almost every color.
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree on it's limitations depending on the application material.

Not sure if you tried? I found to increase the durability factor apporx. 10x is by using 'USC Spray Max 2k High Gloss Clearcoat Aerosol' as an adjunct after spraying multiple coats of Plasti-Dip to a properly de-greased and prepped surface.

This does however make the finished product glossy and much more difficult to remove, although possible. I would reserve this method if a more permanent application of the chosen color is desired.
I never tried the clear coat. I liked the matte finish so I eventually painted or did a rattle can bed liner for the small parts I previously plasti dipped, but it's good to know there are ways to strengthen it (y)

I also found that WD-40 will dissolve it if there are small patches you can't get to peel clean.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's almost like there is a true black roof you can buy that will look so much better.... Oh wait it costs $1900 more.... I wonder why Ford did this? But seriously, your right, they ought to call this color Sun Fade Gray.
They'll probably get fancy and re-name it "pre-faded MIC Top".

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ill be spraying the roof with black bed liner and the wheel arches as well. Possibly the grill too. Think it will look so much better and still way cheaper than the upgraded painted roof. More durable too.

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 8e71e71b69744526475e32c54f3b1001

Spray liner appears to have sound dampening features too. Says here, not sure how well it works though but if it does, def an added bonus.

https://linex.com/bedliners/platinum

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wish they made the hard top pop out windows on the gray top honestly the only reason I want to upgrade. I like the gray actually. I don’t see me taking my hard top completely off for awhile till I get some set up for assistance. So I def see me getting a lot of use out of the pop out windows!

Dear Ford...please make pop out windows on the hard top across the board on both style of tops! Thank you from yours truly 5’4 shortly who weights buck twenty! ?

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not getting the hate in this thread on the base bronco. Looks just like the BD except wheel color. Grill looks fine, just need to paint/sticker the emblem white/chrome/whatever to make it pop. I actually like the simpler look of the base lights over the fancy ones. Wheels look fine, although I'd prefer a different color you can paint them no problem. I don't care for the bumper or grey top, but they're not horrible, certainly on par with an equivalently priced Jeep, just not as good as the black top/modular bumper.
Base looks sharp I say.
Nice to know too.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door Base and a 4 door Badlands.

Via BN: Two 2021 early pre-production Ford Broncos rolled off the MAP assembly line early Wednesday morning after completing the first tool-testing run.

Both vehicles feature the 2.3L variant engine. The four-door model rocks the Badlands trim, a 10-speed automatic transmission, mold in color hardtop, and is painted in Oxford White. The two-door, on the other hand, is a base trim level example with a 7-speed manual transmission, hard top, and Iconic Silver paint job.

In these photos you can see the finalized vehicle coming off the line as well as the Badlands body being attached to the chassis and powertrain.
These early pre-production vehicles will be used by the Ford engineers to conduct further durability and reliability testing and brings enthusiasts one step closer to having one of these vehicles in their driveway.

2021 Bronco production line factory 1.jpg
2021 Bronco production line factory 2.jpg
2021 Bronco production line factory 3.jpg
2021 Bronco production line factory 4.jpg
2021 Bronco production line factory 5.jpg
2021 Bronco production line factory 6.jpg
2021 Bronco production line factory 7.jpg

Oxford White 2021 Bronco production line factory 9.jpg

Iconic Silver 2021 Bronco production line factory 8.jpg
That Base looks dang good! I think a Velocity Blue BaseSquatch with the 2.7L, 10 spd, aux switches, and HD bumpers is in order. I love those steelies though. I may have to find some 17X9 aftermarket steelies to put on it!
71G1I9dRCGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

s-l225.jpg

white_chrome_lip_16x5-1000-Cloned-4334038902976852.png

Last edited:

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously, some of you guys will find anything to whine about.
And please, for the love of all that is holy - don't plasti-dip or line-x stuff ... this is what separates Jeep owners and Honda Civic owners from the rest of civilization.