Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

iconic silver is going to be awesome!

IMPO plasti-dip is the ultimate lipstick on a PIG. However, this is a personal choice and I’m not into bashing others choices, it’s just not for me. I’m certainly not going to buy a new vehicle and then paint the top to “fix it”. I’ve far to much product development in me to accept that.

Unfortunately the gray mic top is a non-starter for me, so unless Ford marches the other black trims to the mic top or vice versa I’ll be forced into the modular. That’s fine with me it is what it is.

I’ll say it again.....iconic silver with a proper black top, windows & wheels is going to be rad. ?
If we don't get a white top option the Iconic Silver is now in my color choices. I'm not a silver car fan but that silver hits just right.
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else get a little excited watching the hard working folks learning to put these Broncos together? It's a process, and the process is making progress towards us parking one in the driveway!! Yay for that!

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we don't get a white top option the Iconic Silver is now in my color choices. I'm not a silver car fan but that silver hits just right.
Ya, I’m eager to see / learn more per the pending color options info. My current truck is mostly silver so I’ve been considering other color options to switch it up. However, the recent photos of the Iconic silver look awesome. Plus it’s bloody hot here and the trials are occasional pretty tight, so silver is always a practical choice. ?

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow, didn’t catch on to the standard top being grey until now. Probably looked cool in renders to the designers but in those pictures looks really bad.

looking at paint choices - would any of them not look either mismatched (grey with different grey top) or 5 years old straight out of the factory? I’m not seeing one. Guess top upgrades are not really an “option” then.

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im loving that picture of the base!!! If only I could get it with a locker without the whole squatch. +v6

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

even worse....originally it WAS black, and ford changed it to grey. Check out some of the reveal images
I’ll take gray over black all day.

Cole

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.

I can't wait to get this truck.
I agree, honestly I’d like to see the top match the paint color, that or the painted black top.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick .. stop your bitching about the gray fucking top. We're already getting delayed because a handful of whiners felt the only 'manly' option was a manual transmission in the sasquatch. Now we've got a bunch of crybabies bitching about the color of the top. pay for the fucking upgrade and be done with it. I think the molded in gray is fine - it goes with all the colors - and will be much better than a black top (which would be a huge solar panel for everyone who lives anywhere the sun shines and make the interior hot as hell in the summer)... and white is too stark of a contrast ... gray is a great compromise..

freaking relax. If you jack wagons cause another freaking delay because you're crying about the roof color, I'm gonna lose my shit.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fair enough. If they don't end up offering a white top will you paint it?
Ive seen how painting the jeep tops looks worse, so we’d probably just go with the body colored painted top and wrap it white. 2nd option would be to pre-arrange and find someone ordering a white 4dr, have them order a white painted matched top And they want the actual gray top off ours. Trade the gray top and $$$.

probably easier to just get painted top and wrap it.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those hating on Line-X... I found these photos on one of the Jeep forums. It looks almost identical to the factory black hard top on my Jeep except it won't chip and turn white. The guy that posted them said it increased weight by about 20 pounds total and that was with spraying the inside as well on the four door.

Best thing about this is that you don't have to do it. It's just an option for those that like the durability of MIC, but hate the gray. There are more photos here.

1600969320888.png
1600969482272.png

1600969352840.png
1600969380950.png
Any notion of how much this job was? I am totally doing this if I get that gray top and I don't like it/can't live with it. Just went to your link and the guy said it was $1300. Isn't the upgraded factory top $1600. Well, its a $300 savings, I guess. And I think the Line-X looks good. Rugged. Thanks for posting. Anyone with any knowledge of this stuff please educate the ignorant (ME). Wouldn't mind getting the fenders and bumpers done too. I know someone criticized the look as being overdone but was isn't overdone in 2020. 4x4's are overdone for crying out loud.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jesus Christ on a pogo stick .. stop your bitching about the gray fucking top. We're already getting delayed because a handful of whiners felt the only 'manly' option was a manual transmission in the sasquatch. Now we've got a bunch of crybabies bitching about the color of the top. pay for the fucking upgrade and be done with it. I think the molded in gray is fine - it goes with all the colors - and will be much better than a black top (which would be a huge solar panel for everyone who lives anywhere the sun shines and make the interior hot as hell in the summer)... and white is too stark of a contrast ... gray is a great compromise..

freaking relax. If you jack wagons cause another freaking delay because you're crying about the roof color, I'm gonna lose my shit.
Not true. The only delay is for folks who want a mansquatch. The rest of us getting autos have the same timeline.

Black Molded in color would be better than painted black because it’s lighter and cheaper.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not true. The only delay is for folks who want a mansquatch. The rest of us getting autos have the same timeline.

Black Molded in color would be better than painted black because it’s lighter and cheaper.
I'd much rather have gray molded in color than black molded in color. because of looks and temps

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and the build and price is delayed because of the mansquatch cry babies

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any notion of how much this job was? I am totally doing this if I get that gray top and I don't like it/can't live with it. Just went to your link and the guy said it was $1300. Isn't the upgraded factory top $1600. Well, its a $300 savings, I guess. And I think the Line-X looks good. Rugged. Thanks for posting. Anyone with any knowledge of this stuff please educate the ignorant (ME). Wouldn't mind getting the fenders and bumpers done too. I know someone criticized the look as being overdone but was isn't overdone in 2020. 4x4's are overdone for crying out loud.
Well part of the cost depends on how much of the actual Line-X is being used. I would imagine you don't have to coat the underside so that would cut cost and weight, and if you have a two door it should also cost less. Also, because of the higher belt line on the Bronco's compared to Jeeps I think the tops themselves may be smaller.

You may be able to get a ballpark idea on cost if you call your local Line-X shop and get a quote to coat a JL top. I am sure the total cost will be similar.
Sponsored