First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.

I can't wait to get this truck.
You hit the nail on the head... they look faded for sure and donā€™t complement the body paint.
Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

even worse....originally it WAS black, and ford changed it to grey. Check out some of the reveal images
I wonder what this top will look like when its actually sun faded? No amount of armor all is going to help ... why even make this option .. SMH
My theory is this: Ford knows the grey top looks like s**t. That's why they used a black top for the launch videos/pics. It wouldn't be the first time they used better looking materials to draw interest (saddle leather, white top with white roll bars, etc...) Bronco brochure lists a grey top to CYA in case the top supplier can't get their process down to where they can darken the color to black.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
That seals the deal. Base is AOK by me.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is interesting is they still havenā€™t shown the standard soft top that comes on the 4 door

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one who thinks that white with the grey MIC top actually isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be?
I think it looks pretty nice on the 2 door., not as much on the 4 door, but I think people forget itā€™s not included on the 4 door so. Spend the extra money and get the modular top

markavelli

Base
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door base is what I have reserved, like the iconic silver. I could do without gray hardtop and the grill is bland. I am sure there will be replacements and I think most of the fun out of this base model will be making it proper with adjustments, which is my favorite part.

Also, hope there will be a mod, to remove the black fender flares and install something that is color matched and make it closer to an uncut, original bronco. different strokes for different folks...

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Grey top is UGLY. Please change it to molded in Black by production.
People! This is a super cheap fix. Go buy $80:worth of vinyl or go to your local body shop and say ā€œNext time you are shooting black or white can you do my top?ā€ Theyā€™ll be glad to make an extra $200 with some leftover paint.

Sponsored

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ā€˜71 F100, ā€˜02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People! This is a super cheap fix. Go buy $80:worth of vinyl or go to your local body shop and say ā€œNext time you are shooting black or white can you do my top?ā€ Theyā€™ll be glad to make an extra $200 with some leftover paint.
Agreed easy fix but Iā€™d rather not have to from the factory. Itā€™s clear as day the satin black top that matches every other piece of plastic trim looks better.

The CO prototype on 37s looks fantastic with all satin black

Cmeyers186

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.

I can't wait to get this truck.
Yeah but just think 15 years from now your roof will still look new! Lol

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, so after spending the weekend staring at the gray MIC hardtop in as many pictures as I could find, I have decided I only hate it on the four door. I wouldn't say that I like it on the two door, but for some reason I don't think it looks as bad.

I think the key to making the gray top look good is having less of it to look at! :ROFLMAO:

If you are planning on getting a two door Badlands and pick the wheels with the carbonized gray beauty ring, I think the gray hardtop will look alright. If you don't option for those wheels or get the Sasquatch package, which comes with black wheels, I think it will throw off the color balance and the top will look bad again.

I also think it will look alright if you have body colored fender flares and door handles which are available on Outer Banks. Aside from this, I would upgrade to the painted black modular hardtop or come up with my own solution to make the MIC top black.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My theory is this: Ford knows the grey top looks like s**t. That's why they used a black top for the launch videos/pics. It wouldn't be the first time they used better looking materials to draw interest (saddle leather, white top with white roll bars, etc...) Bronco brochure lists a grey top to CYA in case the top supplier can't get their process down to where they can darken the color to black.
Nah, its on purpose for whatever reason. The molds are made from plastic pellets. If you want black molded plastic tops, you use black pellets. Its not a mix and match until you get the right color. The MIC Carbon Grey is on purpose.
Sponsored