Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I've seen that, and you can certainly get chains to fit the tires. Most vehicles I've seen that don't allow for chains, it's got more to do with clearance around the chained tire, rubbing the wheel well, etc.
Given the articulation of the Bronco, I can't imagine this would be a problem, but sometimes things are just dumb and don't make sense.
Got it.
We don’t do chains in New England... We just plow, salt, and sand our roads like civilized people.
;)

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried to head up from the CA side? As you might imagine, things are a little different here. I haven't tried to go up in the winter with our current vehicles, but I have known people that have been turned around. We also get lots of warnings/advisements that chains are required past certain elevations in the winter.

Realistically, I doubt I would need them, and it's probably one of those things they don't enforce nearly as much as they make out.

Just want my bases covered for as many situations as possible.
I would be very surprised to be turned around in a Bronco that has M/S rating on the tires. Generally, if you have 4x4 and a M/S rated tire, you meet all the requirements. My guess is the people you know had 4x4 or AWD, but didn't have the proper tire rating...

Regardless, if you really wanted to cover your bases, instead of worrying about the hassle of chains, just get a set of tire socks/skins. They are recognized as an approved alternative to chains, are a lot lighter and take up less space.

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer; 2019 Honda CR-V; 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I look at the lack of interior space I think I'm flipping over to the 4 door variant. I wish they could add ventilated seats to the leather / lux package. Lux has about everything else one might want. Looking at the pics and design, and quality control aside, this thing looks like it's going to creak and be noisy (little noise reduction material, removable panels and doors galore) right out of the box.

Sponsored

BC Bronc

Badlands
First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundia Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW!!! Nate, many thanks for the pics on this! I am so freakn excited! I love everything Ford has done with the badlands here. The Warn Wench, Rigid lights and wow, what detailing. The little lassos by the hookup straps, man thinking it through.

I am dead set on the badlands!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be very surprised to be turned around in a Bronco that has M/S rating on the tires. Generally, if you have 4x4 and a M/S rated tire, you meet all the requirements. My guess is the people you know had 4x4 or AWD, but didn't have the proper tire rating...

Regardless, if you really wanted to cover your bases, instead of worrying about the hassle of chains, just get a set of tire socks/skins. They are recognized as an approved alternative to chains, are a lot lighter and take up less space.
Yeah, I'm not expecting a problem, just trying to plan for worst case scenario. Wouldn't make sense to be turned around in a capable vehicle, but sometimes things in CA don't make sense - especially when it come to vehicles and tired officers dealing with hordes of idiots trying to drive a Prius to Donner Pass with 13 feet of snow.
Thanks for the advice.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Optical illusion?
Just reflection of snow.
Great pics. Overwhelmed by the amt of black on this thing. Different shades of black, but still all black. Makes interior appear small and why people are questioning the measurements. I'm pretty turned off by the lack of light and color. Feels claustrophobic, ymmv.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, I forgot to say! I did ask this and they did not install on the pre-production. I was told that on the Broncos it is going to go on the d-pillar portion of the sport/roll bar... This seems odd to me as that location is not vertical. I will confirm with the Ford engineers tomorrow.
I have my doubts about the d pillar location. The pictures at the beginning of the thread indicate that area is covered by the rear seat belt. Seems like a great location to spray soda pop or beer onto the belt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the pics and love the looks of the 2-door, but this confirms why I'll stick with the 4-door. Just not enough room for me and my gear in the 2-door!

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry to point this out, but that's the exact pattern frame rust appears. The lower holes rust out first.

Example: Notice both upper and lower holes - differential rusting pattern, but typical for inner frame rust.
Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! 1599700261832
Is that a Gladiator?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the same 2dr from the ride along preview.

broncopaws

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1978 Bronco, 1996 Bronco, 2005 Ex
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks fantastic in the snow! Great pictures, thank you for sharing.
Sponsored