Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you tried to head up from the CA side? As you might imagine, things are a little different here. I haven't tried to go up in the winter with our current vehicles, but I have known people that have been turned around. We also get lots of warnings/advisements that chains are required past certain elevations in the winter.

Realistically, I doubt I would need them, and it's probably one of those things they don't enforce nearly as much as they make out.

Just want my bases covered for as many situations as possible.
Yes, I was in Cali. for 56 years, born and raised. Part of the reason I moved here two years ago was because it is a bit “different” there. :)

For me, I have had m tires looked at a few times, but always waved through. This was on the FJ I’ve driven for the last 13 years, 33” tires.

Like I said, probably dumb I don’t carry them, I just have never needed them or been stopped from traveling. I go to Mammoth quite a bit also in addition to a lot of hunting and fishing.

Just my experiences... good luck and enjoy the time with the family.
Sponsored

TjAtlas02

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have any info on the manual transmission? I hope there’s some feel to the clutch and it’s not one of the stupid feather light, uninspiring clutches that most modern cars are using.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda what I figured. Just didn't want the family getting turned around over a technicality.
Thanks to both you and @Mac n Nevada , makes me feel less concerned about running into problems.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you see what is behind the bumper hole in the middle? Does the intercooler dip down that far to where an aftermarket winch bumper would obstruct airflow?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hope the 4 door has better full folding seats where it's totally flat from the back hatch to front seats when down. I can understand limitations on doing this with the 2 door (which is why they are not flat front to back) but on the 4 door, there should be plenty of room to go flat, no??
The seats will fold the same . The slide out tray is an option on the 4dr that will go in that recess and make everything flat and level .

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you tried to head up from the CA side? As you might imagine, things are a little different here. I haven't tried to go up in the winter with our current vehicles, but I have known people that have been turned around. We also get lots of warnings/advisements that chains are required past certain elevations in the winter.

Realistically, I doubt I would need them, and it's probably one of those things they don't enforce nearly as much as they make out.

Just want my bases covered for as many situations as possible.
I’ve made it up I-80 through chain restrictions without chains in 2 of my previous Audi’s with AWD and all-season tires. They didn’t bat an eye. But ya know... Audi :0)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My god, the ground clearance on the Bronco is going to be terrible. There's so many suspension components hanging below the axle tube. Looks like at least 4 inches lost.

Is the Wrangler like this? The axle tube on my Tacoma is CLEAN especially after a U-bolt flip. Getting worried here.

Yeah, us Toyota guys are used to lots of clearance between the tire and diff, especially with a flip kit. I know I can clear a lot of stuff right off my tire. This will be different. My Chevys were the same with a U bolt flip kit. Some folks on here seem to think hanging 6 inches of crap off the axle is cool, but I've never had to deal with it on my Toyotas or Chevys.

With worn out 32in tires I have almost 13 inches of clearance at the same point on my axle.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the great pics! Concerning the accessory switches on the ceiling panel, does anyone know if they will be standard or is that an option (or worse, installed, but not operational without upgrade!)? First good look I've got of them, and I like it!
How big are the dogs? I doubt I can get much in the way of actual measurements, but I can eyeball it for you... From what I could tell, with the seats down, you could fit 2 Great Danes back there (assuming you go with a washout floor model to spray down the slobber). I would however put a blanket or something else creative in the slot between the seats to make sure a paw doesn't slide down between them.

I'll see tomorrow if we can get a smaller person seated in the driver's seat. As mentioned in another thread, today, they really weren't supposed to be touching it, so we got lucky to capture some stuff with the marketing company.

I'm not positive and will ask for a demonstration on this tomorrow. One of the darker photos shows the seat "controls" on the driver's side. The slider is up front (underneath), there is a wheel (presumably lumbar), then a lever which could either be tilt/angle or height adjustment. There is also a large plastic piece near the back on the bottom that the marketing guy grabbed, but it didn't seem like it did anything. He had already tilted the seat forward using the top lever on the back, so it's possible that is the angle/tilt adjustment when the driver is seated, which would leave the other lever on the side for height.

He wasn't sure what was under this. I asked if it was the standard jack, but will have to wait to get confirmation tomorrow.
Typically the front lever is height adjustment, the knob lumbar and the back lever (at the pivot point of the seat and back) is to adjust the recline, with fore/aft adjustment of course being the bar underneath the front of the seat.

I really hope the 4 door has better full folding seats where it's totally flat from the back hatch to front seats when down. I can understand limitations on doing this with the 2 door (which is why they are not flat front to back) but on the 4 door, there should be plenty of room to go flat, no??
It does not - there's still a step down unless you get the optional tailgate, then it does have a flat floor from front to back.

Ah, I forgot to say! I did ask this and they did not install on the pre-production. I was told that on the Broncos it is going to go on the d-pillar portion of the sport/roll bar... This seems odd to me as that location is not vertical. I will confirm with the Ford engineers tomorrow.
I still find it hard to believe that's the location of it - the other Bronco forum which we aren't allowed to speak of or post images from, had closeup images of it on the inside of the d-pillar, and that location makes absolutely no sense. Seemingly very difficult to get to from the rear of the vehicle, IMO.

The seats will fold the same . The slide out tray is an option on the 4dr that will go in that recess and make everything flat and level .
They don't fold the same on the 4-door. The seat back and bottom pivot forward into the foot well, unlike the 2-door where the seat bottom pivots up and the back down.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you're right.

The 4 door can't have extra leg room and extra hip room. It's the lengthening of the wheelbase that pushes that axle back so the wheel wells aren't encroaching the rear seat so you can have a wider rear seat. If you pushed the seat backwards for more leg room it would be boxed in by the wheel wells again and you would lose the hip room.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, that sounds interesting. Will look for more info on it.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does not - there's still a step down unless you get the optional tailgate, then it does have a flat floor from front to back.

They don't fold the same on the 4-door. The seat back and bottom pivot forward into the foot well, unlike the 2-door where the seat bottom pivots up and the back down.
I need to see it but most likely I will get the optional tailgate.
Sponsored