Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s not as bad as it looks.

When it’s that close to the tire, it’s rare that those areas come into contact with anything because the tire is usually going to be on top of the obstacle, and so that shock mount and anything else there is going to be well above the obstacle.

It’s the middle of the axle at the pumpkin that’s important, and that’s just a function of tire size.
That is not “close” to the tire, not at all. Those components are spanning about 8 inches in width from the wheel hub. Very short span of clean axle tube between those components and the diff.

Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! D5E17E34-AB10-4B29-A696-2B4A1A9B6E2A

This
is what “close to the tire” looks like. The large space between the shock mount and the diff allows me to position large rocks to either side of the diff when offroading.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those of you concerned with the rear shock bottom mount. This is a picture of my rear bottom slider on my JKU. Easy bolt on modification to protect the bottom near the shock. Cost me less than $30 at the time And I am sure a similar product will be made for the Bronco. Provides a nice smooth slider surface that can support the vehicle weight when you roll across the obstacles.

Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! 457F7385-5F86-4D8B-8155-DC31EAD34A23

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmm...the more pics I see of the interior, the more I'm thinking the Bronco is not for me. I appreciate the off road abilities and love the exterior ruggedness, but the interior looks plain cheap. I don't think production vehicles are going to differ much from this, if at all. I guess I'm getting too soft.
I like how your name is bronco4me and then in your post you decided bronco is not for you lol
But yah if you want a tesla type interior, you're not going to get that here. But you can get close with the lux package. Unless you're talking about seats?

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford had to buy extra steel to make that bracket so long, and that ridiculously long bolt.
I'm assuming the bolt will be shortened if only to reduce assembly time, every second counts in an assembly plant, probably something off the shelf that will be replaced before they start building. If not, an angle grinder with a cut off wheel would cure that.
The shock itself needs to be over twice it's travel so that length needs to go some where. I'd guess the location of the shock top mount dictated the hang down at the bottom. It's fairly close to the tire and looks pretty stout so it shouldn't cause to many issues.
Obviously you need the long travel to get long articulation.
Yea. I put an RST16 rear suspension setup from RPG on my F150 and the lower shock mounts are LOOOOWWW. But I kept the bed intact, meaning no holes to put the shocks through. Had I gone RST18, the shocks would go through the bed to a bed mounted rack/mount combo and the lower mounts wouldn't have been as low.

Turned into an issue when I forgot to turn the traction control off in deep sand and with my locker on and a stupid AdvanceTrac mode that turns off the transfer case in low traction instances, it buried the rear. When I dug it out, I had to dig extra wide to get those shocks out along with the diff. Luckily the bumper was a low profile one, so none of the truck behind that got buried. Made me wonder if the RST18 would've been worth it.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is not “close” to the tire, not at all. Those components are spanning about 8 inches in width from the wheel hub. Very short span of clean axle tube between those components and the diff.

Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! 457F7385-5F86-4D8B-8155-DC31EAD34A23

This
is what “close to the tire” looks like. The large space between the shock mount and the diff allows me to position large rocks to either side of the diff when offroading.

Yeah with leaf springs and a U-bolt flip, but put it back to stock and its not that much different than the Bronco. Its kind of apples and oranges when comparing leafs to coils. Gotta compromise somewhere. Bronco rear axle is pretty similar to Wrangler as far as I know.

Sponsored

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is all about off road ability and drop dead gorgeous looks and one should not be looking for a luxurious coddling interior with excessive creature comforts.

The interior is functional and should wear well in its natural environment.

Therefore the ideal Bronco for it’s intended use would be a basic model with SASQ as the only added expense + auto if so inclined.

I feel that the luxury touches at higher trim and option levels are wasted on this capable beast. It’s not a luxury SUV and no amount of “added features” is going to change that fact.
I say the same about the Raptor, but 90%+ are street queens. The market for nice interiors is larger than those caring about a spartan interior. I'm not one of those that cares all that much, but I recognize it. GT500 and GT350 should have nice interiors, Gen 1 SVT and the Gen 2 Raptor not so much just because of the dust. But the Gen 2 does (Gen 1 is meh) because that's what people complained about from the first model, just like now. Nicer interiors sell because most folks are like those asking for it here. They don't off road enough to need a simple interior and want some creature comforts. Whatevs, just let em.

One of the things folks are forgetting is the base model has 2 less off road settings, you'll have to source your own sway bar disconnect, etc etc. Marketing wise, keeping certain things available in higher trims makes more money. Again, I'm not a fan of that and I'm about as stubborn as you. I'll keep my money and not buy something that I don't want. But for the sake of your stress levels, don't sweat it and go the route you like. Let everyone else complain about ugly interiors. I'm indifferent a long as the color combos aren't painful to look at, like the stitching in this truck.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll back you up on this. Done it many times with my JK, doors and top off, in the North Carolina summer swelter.
I'm from the central valley in CA where 114 during the summer is normal and the humidity goes from tolerable to "since when did I move to the Amazon?" Military took me out east, but I didn't think anything of the summers, until I experienced it. Whatever it is that's broken with your swamp cooler, you need to fix it haha. I drove a Ford Focus ZX3 in NC for several years without A/C and I regret every second of it... :ROFLMAO:

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The vent comes with an attachable vacuum hose, so you can use the vent like a shower wand but with air... (y)
Because my gf's dog is a diva and her XLT doesn't have rear vents... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

ndumlao72

Base
First Name
Nestor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma & 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just back from Bronco Super Celebration West, left from Loveland about 530am and it was a nice drive into Buena Vista, met Nate which was awesome, didn’t stay long as I brought my 2year old with me, there were many nice Broncos there, but I needed to see the new one up close and it did not disappoint!

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out this video from Last Line of Defense's You Tube Channel.

Yeah, nice perks when you have 300k subscribers. I walked up on him at the very end as they were moving it over to the roped area and implementing the hands off. I was jealous.