First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was just going to say the same thing. No flac from the solid axel guys anymore!
Unfortunately I don’t think 20,000 thousand in mods just to be as capable is a good argument. And I love the bronco don’t get me wrong

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's awesome. Go for it, man. 40s are fantastic for serious wheeling on a truck with this kind of footprint.

It was my first interest, actually. I thought about going with a base and just ripping the hell out of it to turn it into a beast on 40s or something even bigger, but I've already gone through that process with my Jeep and I'm still working on it. The Bronco will fit my needs to be a light wheeler and daily driver in the early part of its life and as it gets older I'll start hacking it up more. I want to keep all the tech for now. No doubt that guy had to give up all kinds of electronic doo-dads (most of which don't do a hell of a lot -- for example GOAT modes, that stuff is mostly for noobs.) But when you get the nice big screen and heated steering wheel you think to yourself... "I'll be good with 37s on this thing."

Super glad someone is pushing it to 40s outta the gates, though. It's awesome. We should ALL enjoy watching that. There is absolutely no reason to be critical of creativity and uniqueness.

Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gladiator // 2 door Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
id be more interested in a IRS swap with a second swaybar disconnect.
Thats what the electic versions will have.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So our goal in life should be practical and boring? Some of us like to have fun and enjoy spending our money, even if it is pointless to you.
I’m also surprised you don’t know what SAS means if you are in the rocks all the time.
What's practical and boring about an off road vehicle that actually works well? Sure, you can spend your money anyway you want. Really dumb builds and very expensive builds that don't work very well all cost money and are somebodies great idea. Doesn't mean it's a good idea. And it doesn't mean that based on actual performance it isn't pointless.

I love how folks stick up for someone's opinion by criticizing someone else's opinion. I said my opinion, and I said why.

Since SAS also stands for Sasquatch, and Sasquatch was also mentioned in the thread, yes, I didn't get that. And, since I don't take Tacoma trucks and straight axle them, no, there is no reason why I should know that. Jeeps don't get SAS'd nor do race cars and rock buggies. Just sayin'.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh boy.....is everything over stock height now called "SAS'd" :rolleyes:

I guess I feel the same way about this that I do about the super built up Jeeps on 40's. This is cool for SEMA, and I'm sure it's cool to be a first build front straight axle new Bronco, but in real life it's kind of pointless. There's no where that you need 40's to go that you would do with a long wheelbase full bodied car. It ends up being over kill and goes so far as to be another level of mall crawler. If you want to do big rocks, spend half that and get a decent rock buggy. Besides, the sticky compound is what really makes the difference, not the tire size. But, I get it, somebody had to be first.

I'm a rock buggy driver. We see it all the time. Guys spend a fortune building big Jeeps, but will never hang with the buggies because of way too much weight and body and non-sticky tires. Then they buy a buggy and say they never should have built the Jeep that big because they are left with a crappy pseudo buggy and a crappy exploration and street driver Jeep. Other than trying to be cool (mall crawler stuff) it's kinda pointless.
I used to think that way too, but down here in Texas, our offraoding is different. We blast through mud and ruts that sometimes require you to go big. We don't have to fit in small trails and 35's in my neck of the woods will only get you high centered. I like all forms off offraoding and each niche has its own needs.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's practical and boring about an off road vehicle that actually works well? Sure, you can spend your money anyway you want. Really dumb builds and very expensive builds that don't work very well all cost money and are somebodies great idea. Doesn't mean it's a good idea. And it doesn't mean that based on actual performance it isn't pointless.

I love how folks stick up for someone's opinion by criticizing someone else's opinion. I said my opinion, and I said why.

Since SAS also stands for Sasquatch, and Sasquatch was also mentioned in the thread, yes, I didn't get that. And, since I don't take Tacoma trucks and straight axle them, no, there is no reason why I should know that. Jeeps don't get SAS'd nor do race cars and rock buggies. Just sayin'.
SAS universally means solid axle swap, especially in a thread about solid axle swap. I’m just surprised you’d never heard or seen that if around rock crawlers a lot. So as you say, just sayin'.

I did not criticize your opinion not to SAS your Bronco at all. What gives you that impression? I don’t plan to do that to mine either.

As I said in another post in this thread, most of the 4wd people I know are mechanically inclined and would be interested regardless of whether they planned to do it themselves. Sometimes we do things because we can. Sometimes we like a challenge. Sometimes we get tired of the monotony of simple and boring. If you don’t get it, I can’t explain it.

Also, there is nothing practical about any of this. Your buggy is not practical. Rock crawling is not practical. Spending money on food and shelter is practical. Hobbies aren't. They are for fun.

Last edited:

Vaquero61

Black Diamond
First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,F150,Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stock Wildtrack set-up. Engineering at Ford to get the geometry just right. I’ll stick with OEM.

FD4DD69A-51FE-4807-8E8F-6D7DEC78D1D5.jpeg

Sponsored

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To each his own. With that said, no sense to me to reverse modern technolgy and go back in time except for special "only" purpose built vehicle.o_O

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What the hell are you talking about? I daily drive a Wrangler TJ on 38s. It has a lot of suspension upgrades. It drives like a dream. Only reason I stopped at 38 was the wheelbase of a TJ is too short to go any bigger.

40s on a long wheelbase like a 4-door Bronco is a highly desirable combo.

I can't stand uninformed opinions. Jeez, man.
This reads like a textbook example of cognitive bias.