Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a ton to still learn about the Bronco - my initial thoughts after a day -

1. The sightlines, perhaps because of the tie-downs on the hood take some getting used to. I wasn't comfortable driving it last night because of. That was gone by today.

2. The vehicle definitely rides like a truck. When people say it rides smooth, they don't mean smooth like
your minivan, luxury SUV or sedan. As it should be.

3. Pictures don't do it justice. The vehicle is gorgeous.

4. The tires on my BD are much bigger than they look online. I will run through these and may get ones a bit larger while keeping the steelies. However, these are fine.

5. Ideas for mods have kicked into overdrive now that I have it

6. My wife and I both like it so much I can see getting a 2nd one.

7. The seats and stereo are fine - no issues for me there.

My wife and I are going to the beach without the kids next weekend (they didn't want to go). Looking forward to taking this down there.
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spot on excluding stereo. It's bad, especially with the top off. Stock has no mid or bass, and the only thing it does is get loud.

Relpaced the 4" and even just the fronts night and day. Doing 6.5s too; it's a quick swap and polk dbs are 50/set.

Going all "budget" in shortly and adding a key amp and powered sub.

Mods are unlimited and it's just starting! Already did all the badge work and prerunner bar. Love it, hands down my favorite vehicle ever, congrats!!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats!

I agree that the stern is fine. I was worried it would sound like crap, especially when the top was down, but I found that to be a non-issue. Yeah, it could be better, but I have no issues at this point.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It rides smooth to me, but that I'm coming from an F150. Very composed suspension, and to me the visibility and sight line is great.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you didn’t get Sasquatch, take it out and get it dirty. I’ve got a four door BD on order. I’m curious as to how it rides off-road.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There's a ton to still learn about the Bronco - my initial thoughts after a day -

1. The sightlines, perhaps because of the tie-downs on the hood take some getting used to. I wasn't comfortable driving it last night because of. That was gone by today.

2. The vehicle definitely rides like a truck. When people say it rides smooth, they don't mean smooth like
your minivan, luxury SUV or sedan. As it should be.

3. Pictures don't do it justice. The vehicle is gorgeous.

4. The tires on my BD are much bigger than they look online. I will run through these and may get ones a bit larger while keeping the steelies. However, these are fine.

5. Ideas for mods have kicked into overdrive now that I have it

6. My wife and I both like it so much I can see getting a 2nd one.

7. The seats and stereo are fine - no issues for me there.

My wife and I are going to the beach without the kids next weekend (they didn't want to go). Looking forward to taking this down there.
Thank you for sharing your experience! So glad you're enjoying your Bronco so far!

Sponsored

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congratulations!

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that why I feel the bumps so much?
Yep! You might loose some gas mileage if you reduce the air pressure to about 32-34lbs. On my BL non SAS I experienced about 1.5-2 mpg difference with less air.

Jo.S.

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Smooth to me Also coming from a mustang.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This took me a bit to get used to as well. I found out if I jack my seat up much, much higher than I would in any other vehicle - it works out very well for seeing down at the road. I know a lot of people just do that for offroad, but I found I just liked it better for driving in general on the Bronco. Not so much for looking up at traffic lights... but that's ok.

Also lowing my tires from 35 to 32 made a huge difference on the bumps. You wouldn't think just 3 psi would, but it did.

The mod bug is bad.
I did mud flaps and floor liners the very next day, and the stereo the third day I had it. I'm still at it with this and that - every time I wrap up a project I think "Ok, now I'm done" - then something else pops up that catches my eyes.
Sponsored