First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a bad luck bronco. Time for a new one. I hope you came out of it safely
Sponsored

OP
OP

Str8fast

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a bad luck bronco. Time for a new one. I hope you came out of it safely
Shoot I don’t think I could afford one now with the way the prices are

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ran down to the tow yard and snapped some pics. It really did handle it well

Ford Bronco First a deer and now Bronco rollover. Stay safe out there! ❄ 51E702C1-44E6-4C5D-B899-55C5E0E05DAA

Ford Bronco First a deer and now Bronco rollover. Stay safe out there! ❄ 51E702C1-44E6-4C5D-B899-55C5E0E05DAA

That really doesn't look too bad, for what it's been through.

It may very well be worth repairing.

I would have expected the sheet metal to come out much worse that it appears to have. Are any of the windows broken? It doesn't look like they are.

Can it be driven under its own power as it is?

Sponsored

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4A should help to an extent, but it sounds like he hit some ice maybe? That and the higher center of gravity aren't the best combination. I'm glad you and your wife are doing well.
Those who pass me at high speed on frozen roads are almost always dudes in lifted trucks. They think they are invincible. But if ice hits a couple of tires simultaneously you may well become toast. 4WD does not help on sheet ice; especially down hill. (Testosterone poisoning doesn't seem to be OP's problem, but too common regardless.) This I know from decades of driving an Outback and an Allroad, with much lower center of gravity and far less mass. Also from driving in Alaska where at 10 mph on black ice we went into a gentle curve and slid straight off the road in very slow motion were only saved from tumbling down about 1000' very steep slope to our deaths by a fortunately placed tree about 15' off the shoulder Be careful everyone.

OP
OP

Str8fast

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would have expected the sheet metal to come out much worse that it appears to have. Are any of the windows broken? It doesn't look like they are.

no broken glass but hard to tell in the pictures but in person it does appear the roof structure(not soft top) was compromised

OP
OP

Str8fast

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

havent tried to start it. sat overnight upside down before recovery, there are fluids all over the engine bay, oil, brake fluid, red fluid(im assuming transmission fluid for the mt) it probably would run/drive fine if things were flushed/filled

Tom_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 FJ40, 2011 X5D, 2019 Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roll it over and see how bad it is...the first scratch is always the worst. Glad you're ok.
I wasn't joking when I said this. I don't think it looks that bad. It would be a great off road rig that you wouldn't worry about. You should get that back from the insurance company.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does not look bad OP, glad you walked away.

To everyone else, no one mentioned it, but I can't believe that I am the only one who uses the gear box to slow in slippery conditions...

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same Badlands. How much for the tires?

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Snow tires, LARGE tires, 4WD, traction control, whatever you have . . . ice will always be the great equalizer. Period.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flew down to Cali to pick up our badlands from a private seller. 10/8, deer came out of nowhere 10/12 and bronco went to collision center got back mid December. Road conditions have been shitty and the county has not been maintaining roads. Headed home last night I hit our county rd. (Windy, off camber, snow ice build up) was going about 15mph when I felt the tail end start to come around, jammed the breaks(I know rookie move) immediately spun around and hit the bank and sent over and around. Needless to say I don’t think we will be getting her back this time. Wife doesn’t even want it anymore with all the bad juju
Stay safe out there!

A lot to be thankful for! Thank God for such miracles!!

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m with your wife…that Bronco is bad karma. Good news everyone ok.
Sponsored