Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 f250 , 2000 f350 ,2006 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How much did you pay over sticker if you bought it from private party?
will your insurance cover all of that?

Chino hills ford has them on the lot for 45,000 dollar make up!!!!

I would buy it back from insurance company the only hard part is you have to do it for cash. And sell it trust me you well make money off it.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP, sorry for what happen. Don’t blame yourself too much. If the back end was going around, it was probably already too late. Ice is the worse. I’ve driven in the snow belt my whole life (which is a bunch). Like our fortunate friends from the great north have said, unless you are on studs, you are along for the ride on ice. I went around a corner from a stop and hit black ice in my wife’s AWD Honda. Road went left, the car went straight. Probably no more than 5 miles an hour. Off camber and right into the curb. 3.5k worth of suspension damage. Glad you and your wife are ok. The Bronco can be replaced.

Shark1247

Badlands
First Name
Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flew down to Cali to pick up our badlands from a private seller. 10/8, deer came out of nowhere 10/12 and bronco went to collision center got back mid December. Road conditions have been shitty and the county has not been maintaining roads. Headed home last night I hit our county rd. (Windy, off camber, snow ice build up) was going about 15mph when I felt the tail end start to come around, jammed the breaks(I know rookie move) immediately spun around and hit the bank and sent over and around. Needless to say I don’t think we will be getting her back this time. Wife doesn’t even want it anymore with all the bad juju
Stay safe out there!

AD494F67-2439-4059-8059-6A6349487399 (1).jpeg

2021 Ford Bronco rollover accident.jpg
Sorry to hear and see this. We are getting lots of snow on the west side, but I'm sure not as much as there is on the east side. 😢
Be safe. Hopefully no one was hurt.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m with your wife…that Bronco is bad karma. Good news everyone ok.
Actually, what are the odds of that Bronco hitting a 2nd Deer or Rolling Over again? Astronomical for a 2nd event.

Looks repair able unless you torqued the frame from the roll. Top of the frame along the WS and RF fender look the worse.

No broken glass is amazing.

How was it to open or close the doors?

At the minimum, if they total it then buy it to repair or part out.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Holy crap, this. I'm so sick of seeing comments about 4A as if it's some magical gift from the gods. 4 auto is meaningless. Nothing makes up for tires and experience. Dude stabbed the brakes on an icy corner and people wanna know about what 4 wheel drive mode as if it would have made a difference.

Sorry about the Bronco, OP.
I get your point, but 4auto is much safer and tracks better on snow & ice than standard 4wd, which, if you're turning can cause traction issues. This is why Subarus are so good in the snow & Ice. As you say, tires are crucial, expecially on ice. On ice, a tire needs a soft rubber compound, extreme siping, like Blizzak or X-ICE, or 4-wheel studs (we always set up my wife's vehicles, Thanksgiving to Easter with Blizzaks or studs). And as you say, no magical 4wd off-road vehicle will defeat ice, without the proper tire.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad everyone is okay!

For those questioning 4A, lockers, snow, ice, etc......there's a zillion factors when it comes to figuring out what happened on an mva on ice, but it almost always involves braking at some point. Here's my 03' f250 4x4 crew cab in 4H, sheet ice on a straight county dirt road going 15mph. Rear started to come around, I touched the brakes, did a 180⁰ into the little berm on the edge of the road, over she went, slowly but still ended up on it's side, all 8k pounds, momentum is real and it doesn't take much lol.

Copy2ofDSC00721_zpsd05c0945.jpg
Theres nothing more terrifying than being in a vehicle spinning and slipping on sheet ice with nothing for the driver to but watch the slow motion disaster movie. Its always unexpected, and often at the beginning of the season when the northern roads are not yet impregnated with road salt.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All too true. In the end, its the tires when Ice is a factor. Having spent 16 years driving New York's I87 Northway from Albany to Plattsburgh, it can be done with good ice tires and careful skill. Unfortunately, nowadays, its easy for anyone to purchase a capable 4wd, and they then drive way too fast, causing wrecks when they realize they can't stop!

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am glad to learn both you and your wife walked away from this. The doors were open in the photo so that says a lot about the roll cage design. I have never considered a 4 wheel drive vehicle to be any good on ice and packed snow even with winter tires, which are not OEM. Most of the vehicles in the ditch here after the first snow are over confident 4 wheel drive drivers. I am in Alberta Canada where the temperature stays below 4C most of the winter, and winter tires are recommended, not all season tires. My Badlands came with BFGoodrich TA K02 All Season Tires. I find they do not hold well on packed snow and ice. The BMW All Wheel Drive on Winter Tires holds well on most winter highway conditions. The Bronco is completely different, it is a truck. I do not feel confident on the Trans Canada Highway in the Bronco, especially around the Lac Des Arc curves. I am considering the only winter tire I can find on Tire Rack, the Cooper Tire DISCOVERER SNOW CLAW for winter driving. I would be interested to hear if anyone has any experience with these winter tires, or any other 285/70R17 winter tire.

First Name
peng
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep renegade
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
seems the bronco hurts not too bad, pretty trong

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad everyone is OK.

And you were in 4A when this happened?? These conditions are what 4A are made for. That's not good. And makes me second guess even getting advance 4x4 if it doesn't even do it's job.
True, but jabbing the brakes is a big no no. The tech can only do so much. Driving from Minneapolis to Nebraska in a snow storm last year most of the vehicles in the ditch we're AWD SUVs. I was in just a FWD car and did fine.
I get your point, but 4auto is much safer and tracks better on snow & ice than standard 4wd, which, if you're turning can cause traction issues. This is why Subarus are so good in the snow & Ice. As you say, tires are crucial, expecially on ice. On ice, a tire needs a soft rubber compound, extreme siping, like Blizzak or X-ICE, or 4-wheel studs (we always set up my wife's vehicles, Thanksgiving to Easter with Blizzaks or studs). And as you say, no magica
I get your point, but 4auto is much safer and tracks better on snow & ice than standard 4wd, which, if you're turning can cause traction issues. This is why Subarus are so good in the snow & Ice. As you say, tires are crucial, expecially on ice. On ice, a tire needs a soft rubber compound, extreme siping, like Blizzak or X-ICE, or 4-wheel studs (we always set up my wife's vehicles, Thanksgiving to Easter with Blizzaks or studs). And as you say, no magical 4wd off-road vehicle will defeat ice, without the proper tire.
I live in the snow belt, plenty of Subarus and other AWD vehicles off the road. They are probably a little better than FWD or true 4WD like Bronco but driving for the conditions is most of it.

Lady-J

Badlands
First Name
Jacquie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flew down to Cali to pick up our badlands from a private seller. 10/8, deer came out of nowhere 10/12 and bronco went to collision center got back mid December. Road conditions have been shitty and the county has not been maintaining roads. Headed home last night I hit our county rd. (Windy, off camber, snow ice build up) was going about 15mph when I felt the tail end start to come around, jammed the breaks(I know rookie move) immediately spun around and hit the bank and sent over and around. Needless to say I don’t think we will be getting her back this time. Wife doesn’t even want it anymore with all the bad juju
Stay safe out there!

AD494F67-2439-4059-8059-6A6349487399 (1).jpeg

2021 Ford Bronco rollover accident.jpg
Are you okay? So glad you made it out!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad everyone is OK.

And you were in 4A when this happened?? These conditions are what 4A are made for. That's not good. And makes me second guess even getting advance 4x4 if it doesn't even do it's job.
Sometimes no amount of driver aids can save you from some situations (even with ABS, RSC, 4A, etc). Even extensive driver's training is not always enough. I can tell you from personal experience that steering inputs are useless when inverted.

Ford Bronco First a deer and now Bronco rollover. Stay safe out there! ❄ crash_m2sport10

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to hear. If it’s any consolation, you could probably make a small fortune selling the parts off of it.
Better grab the tie rod ends before the insurance co takes it.
Sponsored