First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, Tesla Model 3; KTM 450 XCF & 300 XC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thought I would share a video we put together documenting our first adventure in the new Bronco. At the start of the month we spent a long weekend in Needles District of Canyonlands National Park and completed Elephant HIll Road. Bronco did great and we had a blast. Challenging, but not so much that you are going to damage your rig. The views and hiking in the area are amazing. Highly recommended route for the Bronco!

Sponsored

Mahin2021

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 TD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very well done 👍 looks like a fun trail run. Your thoughts on the Good year tires🤷‍♂️

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be going through Moab after picking up my Bronco next week. I am definitely adding this to the route! Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Two-Track

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Very well done 👍 looks like a fun trail run. Your thoughts on the Good year tires🤷‍♂️
The tires did great on the slick rock. Great traction. I lowered the pressure down to 24 lbs - mostly for comfort. As other have indicated the only real downside I have experienced so far is they do like to pick-up and fling small rocks.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tires did great on the slick rock. Great traction. I lowered the pressure down to 24 lbs - mostly for comfort. As other have indicated the only real downside I have experienced so far is they do like to pick-up and fling small rocks.
Do you have an on-board air compressor for airing up or did you just hit the first gas station after completing the trail?

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I would share a video we put together documenting our first adventure in the new Bronco. At the start of the month we spent a long weekend in Needles District of Canyonlands National Park and completed Elephant HIll Road. Bronco did great and we had a blast. Challenging, but not so much that you are going to damage your rig. The views and hiking in the area are amazing. Highly recommended route for the Bronco!
oh, awesome, the video I've been waiting for all this time! Needles are is one of my favorite places and I was hoping my Badsquatch would fit through that one really narrow slot, seems it does like it's made for it! I can't wait to take my Bronco out there, seems you camped for a while on the trail and then went back out? That's what I'd want to do, have to look into the permits again. Maybe I'll make it out there next year, thanks for sharing!

First I was surprised to see how crowded it was, but then realized that must have been your crew, LOL. Last time we were there for hiking, the parking lot at the trail head was maybe half full. Such a fantastic landscape, like petrified lava lamps.

Mahin2021

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 TD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW! Just got my confirmation from Ford my build is complete and should receive my 4 door Badlands by December 20.
ya I will probably try them out. If you ever decide to run the rubicon trail let me know when and I will join you😊👍

OP
OP
Two-Track

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you have an on-board air compressor for airing up or did you just hit the first gas station after completing the trail?
Not yet. I just have Viair portable compressor. Honestly it did a good job and didn't take as long as I thought it would to air up at the Visitor's center.

OP
OP
Two-Track

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
oh, awesome, the video I've been waiting for all this time! Needles are is one of my favorite places and I was hoping my Badsquatch would fit through that one really narrow slot, seems it does like it's made for it! I can't wait to take my Bronco out there, seems you camped for a while on the trail and then went back out? That's what I'd want to do, have to look into the permits again. Maybe I'll make it out there next year, thanks for sharing!

First I was surprised to see how crowded it was, but then realized that must have been your crew, LOL. Last time we were there for hiking, the parking lot at the trail head was maybe half full. Such a fantastic landscape, like petrified lava lamps.
Ya, we had four rigs in our group, and a number of kids on bikes. The trailhead was crowded, but we only saw a couple of other groups on the trail. We camped at Horsehoof campgroup. Also, check out the Chester park area. Great hiking and slot canyons.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not yet. I just have Viair portable compressor. Honestly it did a good job and didn't take as long as I thought it would to air up at the Visitor's center.
So you brought your portable compressor and aired up in the visitor center lot with it, or there is a permanent one at the visitor center that you used this time?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Two-Track

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
WOW! Just got my confirmation from Ford my build is complete and should receive my 4 door Badlands by December 20.
ya I will probably try them out. If you ever decide to run the rubicon trail let me know when and I will join you😊👍
(y) It's on my list. I want to be smart about the trails we tackle, but definetly excited to get out more. We realized we need to upgrade out camping gear first:LOL:

OP
OP
Two-Track

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So you brought your portable compressor and aired up in the visitor center lot with it, or there is a permanent one at the visitor center that you used this time?
Yes, aired up at the visitor center with my portable compressor. Pretty limited services at the Needles visitor center.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great video! We spent a few days in Needles District a few months ago. Wanted to do Elephant Hill to the Confluence but spent some time hiking and then decided not to do it with a single Jeep on 30" tires. Jeep would have made it but didn't want to be only one vehicle. Nice to see a video of the route, one of the few in Moab that I've never done. Needles District is on the list of places to go back to and spend more time and do more routes. We did Lockhart Basin Road from Needles District to Moab a couple years ago. Love that place.