Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oh, awesome, the video I've been waiting for all this time! Needles are is one of my favorite places and I was hoping my Badsquatch would fit through that one really narrow slot, seems it does like it's made for it! I can't wait to take my Bronco out there, seems you camped for a while on the trail and then went back out? That's what I'd want to do, have to look into the permits again. Maybe I'll make it out there next year, thanks for sharing!

First I was surprised to see how crowded it was, but then realized that must have been your crew, LOL. Last time we were there for hiking, the parking lot at the trail head was maybe half full. Such a fantastic landscape, like petrified lava lamps.
Nothing to do with the outdoors, national parks or Moab is half full anymore. More like 150% of capacity. Only downside for me of Ford reintroducing the Bronco is having to deal with more crowds. And yes get off my lawn too while your at it ;)
Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WOW! Just got my confirmation from Ford my build is complete and should receive my 4 door Badlands by December 20.
ya I will probably try them out. If you ever decide to run the rubicon trail let me know when and I will join youšŸ˜ŠšŸ‘
Go hard south and you can get into The Joint/Chesler easier via back side.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing to do with the outdoors, national parks or Moab is half full anymore. More like 150% of capacity. Only downside for me of Ford reintroducing the Bronco is having to deal with more crowds. And yes get off my lawn too while your at it ;)
Thatā€™s because the creature comforts are so much easier to bring along into these places nowadays. Internet, high end camper vans and the overall deep plethora of camping/outdoors gear has made it easier for casuals to enjoy these places. The pandemic exacerbated all of this over the last year.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s because the creature comforts are so much easier to bring along into these places nowadays. Internet, high end camper vans and the overall deep plethora of camping/outdoors gear has made it easier for casuals to enjoy these places. The pandemic exacerbated all of this over the last year.
Yep, that and the fact that no one works anymore. My wife and I have a 4x4 van and I told her the other day I want to get a personalized plate for it that says I hate van lifers. But couldnā€™t get it to fit IHTVNLFR too many letters

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fantastic video !!! Think this is the best ive seen..

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, that and the fact that no one works anymore. My wife and I have a 4x4 van and I told her the other day I want to get a personalized plate for it that says I hate van lifers. But couldnā€™t get it to fit IHTVNLFR too many letters
Not gonna lie, I'd laugh at the irony of seeing you in your Mercedes 4x4 van with a plate like that. You are kinda part of the problem of overpopulating outdoor areas. Your plate would come off a bit tone-deaf. Couple all that with the fact you have CA plates. Live outside CA and you will realize everyone there is in a bubble.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not gonna lie, I'd laugh at the irony of seeing you in your Mercedes 4x4 van with a plate like that. You are kinda part of the problem of overpopulating outdoor areas. Your plate would come off a bit tone-deaf.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not gonna lie, I'd laugh at the irony of seeing you in your Mercedes 4x4 van with a plate like that. You are kinda part of the problem of overpopulating outdoor areas. Your plate would come off a bit tone-deaf.
I hear you. We have been doing this stuff for over 15 years and seeing what has happened to disbursed camping over the last 6 years has just about ruined it for us. The entire reason we have owned vehicles like this is to get away from people. Just too many people on the planet frankly. Disbursed camping is being restricted by USFS, and BLM, Yellowstone saw over 4 million visitors last year and the Road to the Sun in Glacier got so crowded they had to go to reservation system. Maybe I just need a bumper sticker to go with my plate that says ā€œStop Fā€™ing Breading and Get a Fā€™ing Jobā€

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear you. We have been doing this stuff for over 15 years and seeing what has happened to disbursed camping over the last 6 years has just about ruined it for us. The entire reason we have owned vehicles like this is to get away from people. Just too many people on the planet frankly. Disbursed camping is being restricted by USFS, and BLM, Yellowstone saw over 4 million visitors last year and the Road to the Sun in Glacier got so crowded they had to go to reservation system. Maybe I just need a bumper sticker to go with my plate that says ā€œStop Fā€™ing Breading and Get a Fā€™ing Jobā€
You are limiting your range by having the van, and you just named some of the most mainstream places in the country. If you want to get away, explore less traveled places and go further off the standard dirt roads. Get a new vehicle, rough it a bit more, earn the seclusion. Just my thoughts.

Also, there are less people starting families these days and people are having less children. Job part is kinda true, but a lot more people work remote than in the past, so they can be van-lifers if they want.

Last edited:

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing. Elephant Hill is OU our list when we get a Bronco.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video, only wish I could bookmark it in Youtube. 1st time I've seen the "action is turned off for content created for kids" when trying to bookmark it.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have done Elephant Hill many times, if it was closer to Moab I might do it every two weeks. Fun trail and great scenery. A side note, you are supposed to get a permit to do the trail. You can go on the National Park website and get one, there is no cost (at least for now). Although I have never been asked for it, it could happen. Supposedly they do it to limit how many vehicles are on the trail, and to know who you are if they need to rescue you. You also need a permit to do the white rim trail out of Moab. Info only, I am not the permit police.

OP
OP
Two-Track

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, Tesla Model 3; KTM 450 XCF & 300 XC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have done Elephant Hill many times, if it was closer to Moab I might do it every two weeks. Fun trail and great scenery. A side note, you are supposed to get a permit to do the trail. You can go on the National Park website and get one, there is no cost (at least for now). Although I have never been asked for it, it could happen. Supposedly they do it to limit how many vehicles are on the trail, and to know who you are if they need to rescue you. You also need a permit to do the white rim trail out of Moab. Info only, I am not the permit police.
We had permits:)

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the start of the month we spent a long weekend in Needles District of Canyonlands National Park and completed Elephant HIll Road.
I haven't been there for many years, but I think there was a hairpin turn where some 4x4s have to pull forward and back down in reverse. Did you try trail-turn assist there?
Sponsored