First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got to spend about 45 minutes driving one around town yesterday and that was about my only complaint. There is really no where to put a phone other than the cup holder. As far as this mount it is located way to far from the driver. The only logical place I seen to put a mount was a suction cup on the windshield which I hate.
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the concept. Suction cup mounts suck. Leaves window suction marks. Vent mounts are junk. This seems more adjustable and cosmetically pleasing.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Because Apple CarPlay and Android Auto donā€™t exist. šŸ˜‚

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isnā€™t this what Apple Car Play is for? I donā€™t currently have it, but really was hoping I could ditch the phone in the cup holder or weireless charging slot and just have everything I need up on the 12 in screen. I donā€™t get the point of this.

Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe not a fan of this specific idea... but seeing some concepts gets my brain turning. I hadn't considered just using the device as the bolt and leaving the handle. The hamster wheel is spinning... I'll come up with something I like sooner or later. Yay for 3d printers!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isnā€™t this what Apple Car Play is for? I donā€™t currently have it, but really was hoping I could ditch the phone in the cup holder or weireless charging slot and just have everything I need up on the 12 in screen. I donā€™t get the point of this.
Yep. That's exactly what it is for. I don't plan to do anything other than toss my phone on the wireless charger and off we go.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man.
SO much pivot.
Many Adjustable.
Moar clunky.
Very ball mount.
For those who don't know of the old Doge memes, this is lost and you think I can't form a coherent sentence.

This is an issue with Jeeps as well. Where to put the phone in an older one W/O the carplay and such so that you can use the nav and such?
What holds it in a decent position, snugly, in an already tight interior?
I had one of the Rugged Ridge holders on my TJ.
Rubber stops broke right off on the trail and phone went flying out the passenger side, so like a douche I had to stop to find/get my phone.
Options are vent clips or suction mounts (both talked about above and they suck), replacement ones like just broke (nope), Really expensive ram-mount types, or the bolt-on one I installed where it uses the grab handle bolt on the dash. And now that I have fought the hidden 10mm nut on the backside to get it installed...it sucks more than I hoped. Spring loaded combo drink/phone holder and it does neither well but both sort-of.
Brings me to this monstrosity.
Wow how clunky and odd. And awkward.
There will be better ones.
Tackform: I'd revisit this design. We see what your intent is, but execution is lacking.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe not a fan of this specific idea... but seeing some concepts gets my brain turning. I hadn't considered just using the device as the bolt and leaving the handle. The hamster wheel is spinning... I'll come up with something I like sooner or later. Yay for 3d printers!
Like a piece of 2" square glass with a bolt hole in the middle so you can just use any one of the hundreds of existing windshield suction cup mounts already on the market? :ROFLMAO:

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man.
SO much pivot.
Many Adjustable.
Moar clunky.
Very ball mount.
For those who don't know of the old Doge memes, this is lost and you think I can't form a coherent sentence.

This is an issue with Jeeps as well. Where to put the phone in an older one W/O the carplay and such so that you can use the nav and such?
What holds it in a decent position, snugly, in an already tight interior?
I had one of the Rugged Ridge holders on my TJ.
Rubber stops broke right off on the trail and phone went flying out the passenger side, so like a douche I had to stop to find/get my phone.
Options are vent clips or suction mounts (both talked about above and they suck), replacement ones like just broke (nope), Really expensive ram-mount types, or the bolt-on one I installed where it uses the grab handle bolt on the dash. And now that I have fought the hidden 10mm nut on the backside to get it installed...it sucks more than I hoped. Spring loaded combo drink/phone holder and it does neither well but both sort-of.
Brings me to this monstrosity.
Wow how clunky and odd. And awkward.
There will be better ones.
Tackform: I'd revisit this design. We see what your intent is, but execution is lacking.
You've not been introduced to Ram X mounts, Quad Lock, or Rokform?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You've not been introduced to Ram X mounts, Quad Lock, or Rokform?
No... not RokForm. Not till now. That looks like a good system.
Quad lock not a fan of.

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

one of the things i love about the bronco is the android auto functionality, i run plex on my home server with all my movies, shows and music collection, so i can run plexamp through android auto in the bronco and have access to my entire music collection without ever connecting a wire to anything or having a phone up in my field of view, just drop in on the wireless charger and go
Sponsored