First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im pretty earlier in the reservation numbers I think so hopefully ill be near the beginning.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some people have reserved 2,3,4(using different accounts) with no intention of actually buying that many. I wonder when all of those extra reservations get canceled if that takes care of the deliveries extending into ‘22.

Also I think once the Build and Price comes out, and people start trying to add options, that there will be some more canceled reservations due to price.
While I understand why many are making 2 or more reservations, it's making things more difficult for everyone.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some people have reserved 2,3,4(using different accounts) with no intention of actually buying that many. I wonder when all of those extra reservations get canceled if that takes care of the deliveries extending into ‘22.

Also I think once the Build and Price comes out, and people start trying to add options, that there will be some more canceled reservations due to price.
Or some of those with multiple reservations realize they could probably flip their extra Broncos...

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Your reservation number does not imply your build order.

They will produce runs of vehicles based on parts suppliers, shifts, transit, allocations and make entire batches of nearly-identical vehicles in a group.

You could have reservation #1 and based upon parts supply, have your vehicle in a run 6 months down the road.

The Bronco reseration and build process is identical to the Ranger process (which my GF reserved and special ordered, her truck was in a batch approximately 9 months after production started as she wanted the super cab (2-door) which was a low-take-rate build). I suggest people here go scour the Ranger threads about the reservations. It would shine a BRIGHT light upon this process as 95% of the people on here are making personal assumptions about the build process.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Or some of those with multiple reservations realize they could probably flip their extra Broncos...
While that may be true, God I hope not. First just the hassle of having to deal with that. Second I know that there are a lot of idiots in this world but hopefully no one would be stupid enough to pay the extra price on a depreciating asset to make it worth it to the person trying to flip.

It’s not like these are going to be collector’s items.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your reservation number does not imply your build order.

They will produce runs of vehicles based on parts suppliers, shifts, transit, allocations and make entire batches of nearly-identical vehicles in a group.

You could have reservation #1 and based upon parts supply, have your vehicle in a run 6 months down the road.

The Bronco reseration and build process is identical to the Ranger process (which my GF reserved and special ordered, her truck was in a batch approximately 9 months after production started as she wanted the super cab (2-door) which was a low-take-rate build). I suggest people here go scour the Ranger threads about the reservations. It would shine a BRIGHT light upon this process as 95% of the people on here are making personal assumptions about the build process.
Yeah, I wonder if you order one more obscure option or accessory like a Bimini mesh top that gets backordered....if that adds months to your build?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, I wonder if you order one more obscure option or accessory like a Bimini mesh top that gets backordered....if that adds months to your build?
It comes down to parts shipment and content.

Example, some Ranger people who were ordering base level 2wd crew cabs had to wait 3-9 months longer than those who went 4wd or FX4.

The GF's Ranger build was delayed 9 months because of the external keypad to unlock the doors.... Literally a double-sided-tape stick-on $95 option delayed a $44,000 truck build. The parts supplier had bad batches so ALL rangers who selected the external keypad were delayed until parts are available. Apparently the factory won't release pre-release orders to dealers unless they are built 100% to spec. And they won't start building a vehicle unless 100% of the part content is available.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I understand why many are making 2 or more reservations, it's making things more difficult for everyone.
Just curious, I don’t understand how extra reservations made things difficult for anyone. We are just in line waiting, right?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious, I don’t understand how extra reservations made things difficult for anyone. We are just in line waiting, right?
It seems like Ford is telling us things based on the number of reservations they see. Those extra reservations are making the line appear longer than it really is. Some are guessing actual orders will be as much as 50% lower than reservations. The people with more than 1 reservation that won't ever turn into an order are helping to inflate the numbers Ford is seeing. Ford is now saying deliveries could extend into 2022, but they're seeing a distorted picture.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It seems like Ford is telling us things based on the number of reservations they see. Those extra reservations are making the line appear longer than it really is. Some are guessing actual orders will be as much as 50% lower than reservations. The people with more than 1 reservation that won't ever turn into an order are helping to inflate the numbers Ford is seeing. Ford is now saying deliveries could extend into 2022, but they're seeing a distorted picture.
Gotcha, yeah maybe giving people the wrong impression, hopefully in the end there is no delay.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would put the transition rate (ie: % of people who are approved through finance and actually PAY for a Bronco) closer to 30-35% than 50%. The finance aspect will remove it's share of prospective buyers. And those who read "Base+Sasquatch = best" and "under $30K"* will see their transaction price north of $40K and decide to spend elsewhere.... Especially if Bronco is a lifestyle vehicle to them and something new/fun they were just thinking about.

* auto+sasquatch may only be $7-8K over MSRP, but the other options will add up QUICK, such as colored roof, tech packages, grills, or any of the other 200 parts promised by Ford. Unlike Tesla owners, the taxpayers aren't being forced to subsidize your Bronco purchase.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This