Sponsored

First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings from SF Bay Area CA!

Last Thursday on 7/15/2021 I got a phone call that changed my life. The Bronco Reserve/Order manager called me and told me to come down and see the first Bronco delivered at Walnut Creek Ford. As I showed up minutes from my home, I saw a gathering of people surround what was the very first Bronco at their dealership. He met me midway as I was jogging through the parking lot. Giddy and excited I was at a loss of words.

Then a few minutes after exchanging some of the cool "Easter eggs" and nuances, he told me the original person whom ordered the Bronco cancelled out at the last minute...... then he asked me if I wanted to buy it....

"Ah-- YEA!!!!!"(I could not get the words out fast enough)

Then I waited for the hammer to drop... either a HUGE Mark UP or lose my place in line with my existing order??? (Neither of which happened)
After offering to pay substantially more over MSRP (over the phone the week before) for any Broncos that might "slip through the cracks".... the manager insisted that I pay straight up MSRP. This was a dream come true!!!!!
(Full disclosure........ he called a multitude of reserve/order holders and also left messages for several people before he called me. I was extremely fortunate, because I must have been the first down there)

Having said that, I can not say enough great things about Walnut Creek Ford and Bronco Reserve/Order manager Shahram Tavakol and all the folks at Walnut Creek Ford.
To this day, I keep pinching myself to make sure I don’t wake up from a dream....I have zero clue how I could have been this fortunate. (Talk about being at the "right place" at the right time")

Anyway, I have included a few pics. (I tried to load a video taken at the dealership but it didn't load)

Also, here is my first look and driving impressions.

First look:
1) paint is not the orange peel mess I was expecting. Not that there isn't any, it's just knocked down and looks great! (no color finishing in my future... at least for now)
2) not an original fan of the 4dr Soft Top... but now I am... In minutes you can have "open air" and with a little work removing the windows, it is a full convertible.
It is really cool. With my original Bronco I never removed the steel roof. I had no idea what I was missing!!!
3) Gaps clean and perfect.
4) (only negative) If you go over any puddle of water/mud, the front wheel throws a generous amount of debris down the side of the door. (not cool)
5) The 4 door is more practical than I expected. However, the two door is still my favorite!!! I am pleasantly surprised I would like the 4 door as much as I do.

Driving impressions:
The 2.7 has way more power than needed.... crazy power!!! And, this car is geared perfectly! Compared to my '75 with a 351W factory crate motor, this 2.7 twin turbo Eco-boost with the 10spd, is beyond next level. Don't get me wrong I love my early bronco it takes me back to my childhood. Having said that, this new Bronco is that much more amazing and above and beyond my expectations.

Decided to put it in "Sport" mode. Saw it automatically places it in 4H... So after a call with Ford... I chose to select it back to 2H in sport mode. .... Lets just say without even really getting into the throttle it "hauls ass" (big time) . However, the power in normal mode is plenty.

The truck has great road manners and handling. The independent front suspension and "rack & pinion" steering, is most likely responsible for this nice feature. I would imagine this will separate this rig from the solid axle crowd and will be a great selling point for Ford.

Biggest kick .....is waving at the multitude of Jeep owners on the road that wave back. The majority realize what they are looking at and give a big thumbs up!!!!

This New Bronco is awesome!!!!

P.S. I cant wait to get my original ordered SASQed LUX Badlands 2dr. Then I will have two until my wife intervenes. She has emphatically explained I will be the owner of only one new Bronco... But doesn't everyone need two or three Bronco's in their life????
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tail gate fold down table:
After seeing this accessory I had to have this cool thing. It surprisingly came within days of ordering it... Thumbs up 👍🏼 whomever is handling the Ford accessories!!!

The directions are OK... but inadequate.

Anyway...
1) It is important to place the grooved rubber pieces (in the tail gate slots) to keep this accessory from rattling on the tailgate. The directions aren’t really clear about this important detail.
2) Be careful to locate and mock up the hole locations before you drill 7/16" for the "jack screws" one at a time. Especially the one for the bottom right corner which separates at the hinge/pivot point to install the table. I would suggest using a stepped sheet metal drill for drilling a clean hole. Also, I utilized a Transfer punch for locating and drilling. I also started the holes using a "center" drill for more accuracy.

(SUGGESTION TO FORD) I don't know about you, but they should have given a paper pattern with the hole locations so you won't have to painstaking locate and secure each bolt as you go.

3) I will utilize the molly grid (in the upright position) to hang stuff off of. If the noise and rattles don't drive me crazy!!!
4) be careful and take your time tightening up the "jack Screws"... it takes nothing to have the thread lock up and twist and ruin the internals.

If anyone has any questions about this installation please feel free to contact me.

Ford Bronco First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips picture-4

Ford Bronco First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips picture-5

Ford Bronco First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips picture-2

Ford Bronco First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips picture-3

Ford Bronco First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips picture-6

Ford Bronco First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips picture-7

Ford Bronco First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips picture-8
Sponsored

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nice, congratulations on the surprise Bronco! I'll be picking mine up at the same dealer but it hasn't even been scheduled yet. It'll get there eventually. Nice to see they just wanted MSRP, my first time dealign with them (and Ford), seems we have a good honest dealer in town for that.

OP
OP
Lake Tahoe Traveler

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shahran Tavakol (Walnut Creek Ford) is really not the typical dealership type of person. From the beginning of this Bronco process until now he has been a joy to deal with. He returns calls and email and from what I can tell is very honest and straight forward. This sofar has been a great experience. We live in Walnut Creek and yet we were referred by our friends who live outside the area. Many locals rave about this dealership. Also, I have heard nothing but nice things about this dealership online.

What is amazing is going to their service department...They have the contract for the area California Highway Patrol and many other law enforcement agencies. You go there and you think you are at a cop convention. "Wall to Wall" police pursuit vehicles. I would imagine that they are not your typical dealer. From what I gather they have been around forever and I believe their customers are truly happy.

I know I am!!!!

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice! The BD just plain looks good. Best all round look of all the trims.

broncolvr

Badlands
First Name
Hobbes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW gti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last Thursday on 7/15/2021 I got a phone call that changed my life. The Bronco Reserve/Order manager called me and told me to come down and see the first Bronco delivered at Walnut Creek Ford. As I showed up minutes from my home, I saw a gathering of people surround what was the very first Bronco at their dealership. He met me midway as I was jogging through the parking lot. Giddy and excited I was at a loss of words.

Then a few minutes after showing him all of the cool "Easter eggs" and nuances, he told me the original person whom ordered the Bronco cancelled out at the last minute...... then he asked me if I wanted to buy it....

Then I waited for the hammer to drop... either a HUGE Mark UP or lose my place in line with my existing order??? (Neither of which happened)
After offering to pay substantially more over MSRP (over the phone the week before) for any Broncos that might "slip through the cracks".... the manager insisted that I pay straight up MSRP. This was a dream come true!!!!!
(Full disclosure........ he called a multitude of reserve/order holders and also left message for several people before he called me. I was extremely fortunate, because I must have been the first down there)

Having said that, I can not say enough great things about Walnut Creek Ford and Bronco Reserve/Order manager Shahram Tavakol and all the folks at Walnut Creek Ford.
To this day, I keep pinching myself to wake up from this dream....I have zero clue how I could have been this fortunate. (Talk about being at the "right place" at the right time")

Anyway, I have included a few pics. (I tried to load a video taken at the dealership but it didn't load)

First look:
1) paint is not the orange peel mess I was expecting. Not that there isn't any, it's just knocked down and looks great! (no color finishing in my future... at least for now)
2) not an original fan of the 4dr Soft Top... but now I am... In minutes you can have "open air" and with a little work removing the windows, it is a full convertible.
It is really cool. With my original Bronco I never removed the steel roof. I had no idea what I was missing!!!
4) (only negative) If you go over any puddle of water/mud, the front wheel throws a generous amount of debris down the side of the door. (not cool)
5) The 4 door is more practical than I expected. However, the two door is still my favorite!!! I am pleasantly surprised I would like the 4 door as much as I do.

Driving impressions:
The 2.7 has way more power than needed.... crazy power!!! And, this car is geared perfectly! Compared to my '75 with a 351W factory crate motor, this 2.7 twin turbo Eco-boost with the 10spd, is beyond next level. Don't get me wrong I love my early bronco it takes me back to my childhood. Having said that, this new Bronco is that much more amazing and above and beyond my expectations.

Decided to put it in "Sport" mode. Saw it automatically places it in 4H... So after a call with Ford... I chose to select it back to 2H in sport mode. .... Lets just say without even really getting into the throttle it "hauls ass" (big time) . However, the power in normal mode is plenty.

The truck has great road manners and handling. The independent front suspension and "rack & pinion" steering, is most likely responsible for this nice feature. I would imagine this will separate this rig from the solid axle crowd and will be a great selling point for Ford.

Biggest kick .....is waving at the multitude of Jeep owners on the road that wave back. The majority realize what they are looking at and give a big thumbs up!!!!

P.S. I cant wait to get my original ordered SASQed LUX Badlands 2dr. Then I will have two until my wife intervenes. She has emphatically explained I will be the owner of only one new Bronco... But doesn't everyone need two or three Bronco's in their life????
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After seeing this accessory I had to have this cool thing. It surprising came within days of ordering it... Thumbs whomever is handling the Ford accessories!!!

Anyway...
1) it is important to place the grooved rubber pieces (in the tail gate slots) to keep this accessory from rattling on the tailgate. The directions don't cover this detail.
2) Be careful to locate and mock up the hole locations before you drill 7/16" for the "jack screws" one at a time. Especially the one for the bottom right corner which separates at the hinge/pivot point to install the table. I would suggest using a stepped sheet metal drill for drilling a clean hole. Also, I utilized a Transfer punch for locating and drilling. I also started the holes using a "center" drill for more accuracy.

(SUGGESTION TO FORD) I don't know about you, but they should have given a paper pattern with the hole locations so you won't have to painstaking locate and secure each bolt as you go.

3) I will utilize the molly grid (in the upright position) to hang stuff off of. If the noise and rattles don't drive me crazy!!!
4) be careful and take your time tightening up the "jack Screws"... it takes nothing to have the thread lock up and twist and ruin internally.

If anyone has any questions about this installation please feel free to contact me.

Ford Bronco First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips picture-8

Congratulations! Nice looking rig. Is that a Goldendoodle checking out the Bronco?

Sponsored

brut4s

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Pontiac GTO, 1988 Chevy K5 Blazer, 2006 F-350 & 2019 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Congrats on the Bronco! The only thing missing is a picture of your original Bronco and the new Bronco together. :giggle:

OP
OP
Lake Tahoe Traveler

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the '75.

Kind of proud of this beater.
-351W summit motor sports/ford crate motor with 4x4 pan and windage tray
-installed a 92' Mustang GT SEFI running the show
-100 amp one wire alternator
-Odyssey battery
-Ford 9 inch with big bearings
-Front Dana 44 with disk brakes and new warn lockers
-C4 hot rodded with shift kit and B&M cooler with fan
-J shifter (wish was a twin stick...eventually will be)
-power steering Tom's Bronco Parts with upgraded quick ratio box and Saginaw pump
-Tom's Broncos oversize aluminum radiator with large flow capacity H2O pump (at idle) plus new heater core
-Power brakes disk front drum rear with all Ford booster and MC and proportioning valve
-large Bronco wheels with 31" KO BFGoodrich all terrains
-Twin tanks stock (hoping the 23 gallon rear with internal pump is in my future)
-2 1/2 inch lift kit (wild horses) Stoppe inspired rear flares
-track bar bushings, fully adjustable shocks all the way around. twin shocks in the front.
-a shit load of new sheetmetal... door bottoms, tail gate, front clip, fenders, door pillars rebuilt, frame alignment completely 100% rust free now.

originally was a fully loaded Ranger edition from Colorado.
paint: (original) ginger metallic

Ford Bronco First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips '75 Bronco near lake

Last edited:

brut4s

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Pontiac GTO, 1988 Chevy K5 Blazer, 2006 F-350 & 2019 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Cool!! That's the original color of my cousins 72 Bronco. He painted it a dark green years ago. Currently down to do a Coyote swap

Sponsored

ccoday

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 / Nissan Murano / BMW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then a few minutes after showing him all of the cool "Easter eggs" and nuances, he told me the original person whom ordered the Bronco cancelled out at the last minute...... then he asked me if I wanted to buy it....

(Full disclosure........ he called a multitude of reserve/order holders and also left message for several people before he called me. I was extremely fortunate, because I must have been the first down there)

To this day, I keep pinching myself to wake up from this dream....I have zero clue how I could have been this fortunate. (Talk about being at the "right place" at the right time")

First look:

Driving impressions:

After seeing this accessory I had to have this cool thing. It surprising came within days of ordering it... Thumbs whomever is handling the Ford accessories!!!

Anyway...
1) it is important to place the grooved rubber pieces (in the tail gate slots) to keep this accessory from rattling on the tailgate. The directions don't cover this detail.

4) be careful and take your time tightening up the "jack Screws"... it takes nothing to have the thread lock up and twist and ruin internally.

Ford Bronco First Bronco for Walnut Creek Ford...4dr Black Diamond MID, Soft Top, 2.7, SASQ, Tow Pkg. Tail Gate Table Installation tips '75 Bronco near lake

He called me at work when it arrived and I turned it down, my exact build with a soft top...I have an early 7/14 reservation and am holding out for the hard top I ordered. Congrats on being the guy that got it...I wanted it bad but decided to wait....it looks awesome!

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's just say Sharham also took a lot of heat from the "lions" on this forum when he first started posting. He always kept cool and was professional. This is yet more proof he is one of the good ones.

Now I'm Jealous! That is so cool for you, truly! Trying to figure out where you live from your pictures so I can see it in person. 🤪

I assume his WT demo isn't in yet?

WCFord

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your Bronco looks awesome, Chip! I am so happy for you. It has been a lot of fun working with you over the last year, your excitement has been contagious! Thank you for all of the love, as well as everyone else on here with the positive feedback! I am flattered beyond belief. You motivate me to want to do better!! Thank you and Congratulations! Looking forward to getting everyone else's Bronco to them!
Sponsored