First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So just kinda thinking about this Forum, I know a lot of us can have disagreements but when it all comes down to it we are enthusiasts who are just excited about this new vehicle. So the question is, when will we all meet for the first time? We gotta do a forum meetup sometime in summer 2021 when everyone has had a chance to pick up their Bronc, any suggestions? I would say moab but that's just because I'm out west. I'd be down to crash easter jeep safari 2021 assuming i have it by then as well.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A bit early to pick a date, but I'm sure we'll get a feel for which existing or new Bronco events will be well suited to a gathering of new Broncos. Hopefully availability won't be an issue by then.

I did notice Robert from the Bronco Club of America sign up not too long ago as well.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking for some good malls we can "crawl" at ;)

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in michigan, so for me, its instantly silver lake sand dunes. That or one of the off-road parks. But, an unfortunate twist of fate may have changed my plans. As of today, I am laid off, indefinitely. Recent cut backs have cut into all departments at my now former employer. The sad part is, there is nothing else in this area that is related to my experience. So its pretty much ride unemployment and hope things pick back up there. So for now, the bronco is not in my foreseeable future.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang, that sucks man! What line of work if I may ask? If it comes to it, I know Ford is hiring engineers, perhaps also shop techs?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in michigan, so for me, its instantly silver lake sand dunes. That or one of the off-road parks. But, an unfortunate twist of fate may have changed my plans. As of today, I am laid off, indefinitely. Recent cut backs have cut into all departments at my now former employer. The sad part is, there is nothing else in this area that is related to my experience. So its pretty much ride unemployment and hope things pick back up there. So for now, the bronco is not in my foreseeable future.
Sorry to hear that man, best wishes for you and your family. Don’t be afraid to look out of state, I know MI has some economic issues as a whole and may be time to uproot. Never a fun solution but it can be necessary.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang, that sucks man! What line of work if I may ask? If it comes to it, I know Ford is hiring engineers, perhaps also shop techs?
Sorry to hear that man, best wishes for you and your family. Don’t be afraid to look out of state, I know MI has some economic issues as a whole and may be time to uproot. Never a fun solution but it can be necessary.
Thanks all.
I worked in injection molding, unfortunately uprooting is not an option. As both my parents and my in laws require assistance. Luckily my wife is a state employee and makes decent money. We should be okay for a little while. Worst case scenario I will have to start over with a new career path.

Last edited:

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly its nice to take a break. But the timing is terrible. My birthday is in three weeks. So my birthday present was supposed to be a new toy for the garage, which is not in the cards anymore. Then Christmas is in what, 7 and a half weeks? I was hoping to get my kids a few things they really wanted this year. A little backstory.... About 4 years ago, my wife's job dropped her like a rock, then my mother blew a disc in her back and had to have emergency surgery, and of course, assistance since then. Two years ago. My mother in laws partner was told she is now facing kidney failure, so we spent all the money we had saved up to move them up here from Texas. BTW 26ft U-hauls, packed full, driving 26hrs straight is not something I recommend to anybody lol. also, shortly after that, the fused disc in my mother back blew out another one below it, so back to surgery again, and assistance with everything. In the midst of all that, we had our third child. So needless to say, the last 4-5 years have been a struggle. Finally got ahead this year, started saving money here and there after my wife got her new job last year. Things were looking good, now this.....
Sorry for hijacking the thread, I just needed to vent a little bit. You pour yourself into a job to be pushed out the door because all you are is a number on a piece of paper.
I know we'll get by, but it would be nice to be more than "getting by" for once. I digress.... Back on topic.

I think a good meet up would be vegas or moab. meet at one, travel and sight-see to the other. I've never been out west. if everybody could take a week or two vacation, that would be fun.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly its nice to take a break. But the timing is terrible. My birthday is in three weeks. So my birthday present was supposed to be a new toy for the garage, which is not in the cards anymore. Then Christmas is in what, 7 and a half weeks? I was hoping to get my kids a few things they really wanted this year. A little backstory.... About 4 years ago, my wife's job dropped her like a rock, then my mother blew a disc in her back and had to have emergency surgery, and of course, assistance since then. Two years ago. My mother in laws partner was told she is now facing kidney failure, so we spent all the money we had saved up to move them up here from Texas. BTW 26ft U-hauls, packed full, driving 26hrs straight is not something I recommend to anybody lol. also, shortly after that, the fused disc in my mother back blew out another one below it, so back to surgery again, and assistance with everything. In the midst of all that, we had our third child. So needless to say, the last 4-5 years have been a struggle. Finally got ahead this year, started saving money here and there after my wife got her new job last year. Things were looking good, now this.....
Sorry for hijacking the thread, I just needed to vent a little bit. You pour yourself into a job to be pushed out the door because all you are is a number on a piece of paper.
I know we'll get by, but it would be nice to be more than "getting by" for once. I digress.... Back on topic.

I think a good meet up would be vegas or moab. meet at one, travel and sight-see to the other. I've never been out west. if everybody could take a week or two vacation, that would be fun.
You'll get through. I know the feeling.
4 years ago we were double income, no kids, making money hand over fist, free time, etc. Then we got pregnant, son was born, then the house flooded 2 months later. Then she lost her job. And our son has special needs. So we have 50% more people, 40% less income, have to rebuild a house (almost done there), son's therapy takes up too much time for her to get a full time job at the moment to help out. My truck is constantly on it's last legs but I can't replace it. So it is keep applying duct tape until things change.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll get through. I know the feeling.
4 years ago we were double income, no kids, making money hand over fist, free time, etc. Then we got pregnant, son was born, then the house flooded 2 months later. Then she lost her job. And our son has special needs. So we have 50% more people, 40% less income, have to rebuild a house (almost done there), son's therapy takes up too much time for her to get a full time job at the moment to help out. My truck is constantly on it's last legs but I can't replace it. So it is keep applying duct tape until things change.
Well I wish you the best of luck bud. Seems like struggling is a way of life anymore.

Sponsored

nameuser

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Halfcab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would say moab but that's just because I'm out west. I'd be down to crash easter jeep safari 2021 assuming i have it by then as well.
Everyone should go to the Easter Jeep Safari once in their life, but once was enough for me, what a zoo.
The Bronco Safari http://www.broncosafari.com/WP/ is a natural. Don't know what days are for 2021 but it is usually about the same time each year.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if I'll be into a new Bronco by spring/summer 2021, but I'm down to cruise my '94 FSB down to Moab and meet up with you folks.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you say summer 2021? or summer 2022??? Don't schedule TOO early; Carmaker1 said: "Launch is January 1 2021, or Spring latest" (ends on June 21)

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I probably won't have a new Bronco by summer of '21, but I'd still go to an event. We go to Moab a couple times a year, that would be convenient... but I would also enjoy going someplace I've never been and see a different kind of terrain than I'm used to. As long as I can have some level of fun in the Excursion, I'd be up for it.
Sponsored