Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

LOL, welcome to B6G !!!!
Once they hit full production they'll make 1000 Broncos a day!!!
Gotta start slow and work out the bugs, steady increases, which shows on the white board, even over the course of just a week!!! This is GREAT NEWS !!!!

BTW, 2021 expected production is now around 40/50 thousand. Down from 60-ish.
Thanks for the information. I was not aware they could produce that many in a day. That is great news!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry man, but you are in the tiny minority. Lots of people love the 4 door for looks, usefullness and room it has. It might take a year or two but 2 door Broncos will drop to the level of 2 door Jeep numbers at around 15%. Very few people want them, they just don't sell.
And that will only help the resale value of the two doors. :)

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand why it exists but I wish there wasnt a 4dr Bronco. There never was a 4dr Bronco just like there never was a 4dr Charger or 4dr Mustang like the Mach E. I know...if the 4dr didnt exist they probably wouldn't have made the new one but 🤮
From 1978-1996, Ford built a 4wd vehicle that was basically an F-150 with a shorted frame, a rear seat, and an enclosed cargo area. They called it a Bronco.
In 1997, Ford replaced that with a 4wd vehicle that was basically an F-150 on a full size F-150 frame, a rear seat, and an enclosed cargo area. They called it an Expedition.
In transitioning from 1996 to 1997, Ford essentially discontinued the 2 door in favor of a 4 door and gave it a new name. Soooo.... They've been making the equivalent of a 4 door Bronco since 1997.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know what you call a 4 door Bronco? A Raptor!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Day shift body shop pumped out over 300 Broncos today. Final is still slower but they're starting to hit their stride.
I assume on the whiteboard picture earlier of “268 units“ for Tuesday would be “final” units? So how does this compare to your 300 body shop units comment? Would that illustrate they’re hitting more than 268 units?

Also, is this 268 the plan for the day, or is it a target they are trying to hit? Would they ever crank through more than this whiteboard shows?

Thanks In advance!

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just glad the 2 door exists. Looking at Wrangler sales, Ford could have easily just produced the 4 door, and it would have still been awesome. Having the 4 door as the volume model also allowed Ford to give us the 2 door which is so cool and a bit cheaper than the 4 door. Win win I'd say.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And that will only help the resale value of the two doors. :)
That is totally dependent on the demand on the resale market for 2 door vs 4 door. If 35% of the current buyers want 2 door, but only 25% of the resale buyers want 2 door, the 4 doors will have better resale. My guess would be that Bronco enthusiasts, who make up a large percentage of the current buyers, have a greater interest in 2 doors than the average buyer. I'm basing this on the lower take rate for 2 door Wrangers. I think I've seen 17%?

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From 1978-1996, Ford built a 4wd vehicle that was basically an F-150 with a shorted frame, a rear seat, and an enclosed cargo area. They called it a Bronco.
In 1997, Ford replaced that with a 4wd vehicle that was basically an F-150 on a full size F-150 frame, a rear seat, and an enclosed cargo area. They called it an Expedition.
In transitioning from 1996 to 1997, Ford essentially discontinued the 2 door in favor of a 4 door and gave it a new name. Soooo.... They've been making the equivalent of a 4 door Bronco since 1997.

Precisely. Everyone talks about the Bronco going out of production, but it really just evolved into the Expedition. No one talks about Chevy cancelling the Blazer, but that is really the same story as it evolved into the Tahoe (there was a 2 door Tahoe for a while which I think made the transition a bit smoother). The Bronco was a cooler name though and had an iconic logo. No one cares about the Blazer anymore especially since it's now a crossover.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are reports of widespread floor pan damage upon delivery to MAP affecting 2-door pans only. This has been suspected of causing more delays for the Jul 5 2-door group (or maybe all 2 doors?), as they have to repair the pans at MAP before use
Interesting. Had not heard this but have been away for work more regularly lately.

Ultimately if it wasn't tooling/dye/stamping, and it happened sometime at/before MAP then it's isolated and will be rectified upon the next delivery of pans.

Have purchased a nice number of metal tool-board over the years after some warehouse monkey dropped the pallet and there were minimal cosmetic damages to one corner of the units. As an example of how it would be isolated and not an actual product issue.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interesting. Had not heard this but have been away for work more regularly lately.

Ultimately if it wasn't tooling/dye/stamping, and it happened sometime at/before MAP then it's isolated and will be rectified upon the next delivery of pans.

Have purchased a nice number of metal tool-board over the years after some warehouse monkey dropped the pallet and there were minimal cosmetic damages to one corner of the units. As an example of how it would be isolated and not an actual product issue.
Someone said it’s a flaw with the transportation racks, that of course weren’t tested at capacity prior to production ramping up

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Someone said it’s a flaw with the transportation racks, that of course weren’t tested at capacity prior to production ramping up
You had me at "testing racks"! Sounds like a job for someone with deft hands and attention to detail.

Wait, wasn't that the original excuse for the Webasto MOD roofs?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wait, wasn't that the original excuse for the Webasto MOD roofs?
I wonder if they just spin a wheel and it happened to land on the same excuse

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition