ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ah I see. No worries. So with 1000 units a day from MAP, if we take that 5:1 Bronco to Ranger ratio that was mentioned and make it a 3:1 and then round down a little to be safe, we can say about 700 Broncos on average a day at full production speed. That'd be about 61,000 between August 1st - December 1st. Add that to the about 8,000 they'll build between now and August during ramp up. 69,000 Broncos for 2021. 125,000 orders so 56,000 people won't get a 2021. All of the 125K "21" orders will be filled by March 2022. Hypothetically technically maybe
I think you leave out all of the dealer demos and dealer stock units that they will build due to parts shortages which prevent reservations from being built. They might very well build 70k Broncos in 2021, but only a fraction of them will be custom orders for reservation holders. There will be quite a few soft top Big Bends just to keep the lines moving with the parts they have on hand.
Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sh*t,
After ready these post I have a Question...
As a 2 door driver someday, is it ok if I wave to a 4 door driver or vice versa?

Can't we all just get along?
It's amazing to me that anyone actually gives a shit what model suits others tastes better. There are good reasons to own either. Buy what suits you and be happy for others that they can buy something that suits them better. My personally, where I am in life right now, if 2Dr was the only option I'd not be able to buy a Bronco at all. And to be honest, even if I was single I'd probably still buy the 4dr because I think it looks better.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Such a potential to have a good thread and it's been 9 pages of a pissing match between 2 and 4 doors.

Welcome to B6G.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is totally dependent on the demand on the resale market for 2 door vs 4 door. If 35% of the current buyers want 2 door, but only 25% of the resale buyers want 2 door, the 4 doors will have better resale. My guess would be that Bronco enthusiasts, who make up a large percentage of the current buyers, have a greater interest in 2 doors than the average buyer. I'm basing this on the lower take rate for 2 door Wrangers. I think I've seen 17%?
I think that's where Ford miss calculated on the initial four-door to two-door ratio. This first year or two of the Bronco will have a much higher ratio of two doors , probably due to previous Bronco owners in the past such as myself who of course always know that a Bronco only comes in a two-door . So we view the four-door as some kind of abomination. I suspect the two-door sales will drop considerably once the Bronco hits the dealership lots as stock units.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is interesting how the perspective of 4-door vehicles has changed. Growing up in the 80s, I wouldn't have wanted a 4-door car if you gave it to me. Now, everyone prefers them. My kids would never understand my disdain for 4-door cars. Also, no one cares about sports cars anymore. They all seem very happy with crossovers, uhg.
I grew up in a different era as well. My mom had two-door cars when I was the only kid but then four-door or full-size van after my brother was born. Back then a baby seat was in the front passenger seat. My mom was usually the one taking kids anywhere, and dad, who drove sports cars and an early Bronco, rarely did. As a dad I enjoy taking my kids and their friends places.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's amazing to me that anyone actually gives a shit what model suits others tastes better. There are good reasons to own either. Buy what suits you and be happy for others that they can buy something that suits them better. My personally, where I am in life right now, if 2Dr was the only option I'd not be able to buy a Bronco at all. And to be honest, even if I was single I'd probably still buy the 4dr because I think it looks better.
For a lot of us, me in particular, It's all in good fun.
At this point, it's a challenge to me, to see if I can modify something in a new and still funny way.
🤣
I am fully aware that the only reason a 2 Door Bronco and/or Jeep is available, is because of the 4 Door models.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you leave out all of the dealer demos and dealer stock units that they will build due to parts shortages which prevent reservations from being built. They might very well build 70k Broncos in 2021, but only a fraction of them will be custom orders for reservation holders. There will be quite a few soft top Big Bends just to keep the lines moving with the parts they have on hand.
125,000 x .05 soft top take rate ( on 3K stats ) = 6,250 possible custom orders soft tops
Could be a lot of dealer stock soft tops for MY21.

Last edited:

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
125,000 x .05 soft top take rate ( on 3K stats ) = 6,250 possible custom orders soft tops
Could be a of dealer stock soft tops for MY21.

I am not sure what your math is, but I think it is wrong. If 5% of the 125k reservation holders opted for a soft top, thats 6250 reservation holders guaranteed to get a 2021 due to having a soft top ordered. The other 62k remaining will be split between reservations with a hard top, and dealer stock with a soft top. I have no idea the number, but say Ford can only make 30k hard tops this year. That would leave 32k soft top dealer stock models to be made, and only 36k reservation orders being built.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not sure what your math is, but I think it is wrong. If 5% of the 125k reservation holders opted for a soft top, thats 6250 reservation holders guaranteed to get a 2021 due to having a soft top ordered. The other 62k remaining will be split between reservations with a hard top, and dealer stock with a soft top. I have no idea the number, but say Ford can only make 30k hard tops this year. That would leave 32k soft top dealer stock models to be made, and only 36k reservation orders being built.
Correction on my post but I ‘m pretty sure it was in support of your post. In fact, doesn’t it match what you just posted on “ custom orders “ ( reservations). ?

Last edited:

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe I misunderstood but why are more Rangers being produced still? I thought they were redirecting resources to focus on Bronco?

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Correction on my post but I ‘m pretty sure it was in support of your post. In fact, doesn’t it match what you just posted on “ custom orders “ ( reservations). ?
Heh. Maybe I misread. I thought you were saying that at most, Ford would build 6k for dealer stock with soft tops.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I calculated this correctly, even at numbers rivaling the range total builds daily, that is 7500 Broncos built/mnth. I realize things can change with redirecting resources, but how long will they build this year and do they add some Saturdays to the mix?
How many shifts are running with these numbers?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The initial take rate for soft top was 7%; but based on the MIC delay, I would bet that has edged up significantly, maybe double that now (it was more than double with my dealer). That said, I wonder if Ford will change allocation to fill open orders for Soft Top, even if a dealer has gotten their full allocation filled; or if they will send dealer stock to dealers who haven't exhausted their allocation and leave the reservation holders sitting even if they have build-able units.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sh*t,
After ready these post I have a Question...
As a 2 door driver someday, is it ok if I wave to a 4 door driver or vice versa?

Can't we all just get along?
No! It's poor form for an elite to acknowledge the unwashed masses. 🤣

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How many shifts are running with these numbers?
That was based on daily production numbers for this week. According to another member, this will ramp up August 1 with a total day number of 1000; with the addition of Saturday shifts.
Sponsored