Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are gatorback mudflaps, I believe. I did notice that the bolts are rusting on them, so I probably will be replacing all of the hardware with something a bit more resilient in the near future.
Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for sharing. I plan to spend a night here of there in the Wildtrak now and then (wife has zero interest!) and nice to know the full size mattress nullifies the hump! Great news . . . and Best wishes with that BL!!

GTUnit

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I brought up the fact that we can just spend the night sleeping in the truck and all i got was the stink eye.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've slept in the back and in the front seats. For me the seats were better but wasn't anything wrong with the back. I just like sleeping slightly reclined better. Also when camping in winter I used a mr buddy golf cart heater in the passenger cup holder pointed toward the passenger door. You Just have to remember to keep a window cracked for oxygen replacement. I'd also recommend a cheap carbon monoxide alarm can be had off amazon for 15 bucks

1653840283294.png
Not sure why you'd need this with the vehicle off and it's not air tight...there shouldn't be any amount of carbon monoxide build up...

Michael Haun

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands CO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure why you'd need this with the vehicle off and it's not air tight...there shouldn't be any amount of carbon monoxide build up...
After you wake up because you can't breathe right once 15 bucks is a small piece of mind.

Sponsored

Crazy8

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murano
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi all,
I just picked up a beautiful Area51 Badlands Sas Bronco that one of the Forum members here was selling. Flew out to come pick it up on Friday and then made the 1000 mile trek back to the Chicago area. I think it was a 15 or 16 hour drive.

I brought along an air matress for the trip and was pleased to discover that a "Full" sized one fills the back area with the back seats folded almost perfectly. I rolled into a truck stop at about 2:30am, blew up the matress and slept extremely comfortably. The matress completely eliminated any issues with the hump between the seats and the cargo space (There is a slight incline, but nothing uncomfortable).

Anyhow, I just got home today and my kids have been going crazy with excitement about our new toy. Figured you guys would like to know that sleeping in the bronco can work well without having to build any platforms or other contraptions. Pics of the sleep setup and bronco for posterity. 😁

IMG_20220528_205055.png
IMG_20220528_205111.png

IMG_20220528_205125.png
IMG_20220528_222140.jpg
Great to know! Getting ready for a three day off road trip and that will come in handy

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I brought up the fact that we can just spend the night sleeping in the truck and all i got was the stink eye.
Install a minibar, that seems to be the difference between roughing it or not for mine...

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keep asking, wear her down! 😂 😂
Sponsored