Celo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some people suck.

Last night I took my daughter for a shake at in and out. It was late and not many people in the parking lot. I noticed two girls and guy in the parking lot in a older white dodge caravan. They were checking out my truck when we were inside.

Drove home parked in garage and went to bed. Woke up to a loud crash. Looked outside to see my Bronco driving away. Immediately called the police who took almost two hours to respond. By the time the police showed up I had already called Ford and recovered the vehicle.

When I pulled up my home surveillance footage you see the white dodge van park across the street about 2 minutes after we got home. They waited almost 2 hours broke into our garage side door came into the house grabbed the keys on the counter and in a rush they backed into the side of our house which woke me up.

Damage to vehicle is still unknown they hot roded out of our neighborhood. Drove to a retirement community about 10 miles from my house and cut the wire harnesses to the rear view mirror and the wire harness that runs along the driver side door. Broke my center console. Hard Top, Spare Tire, Rear door and Bumper are all damaged.

Be vigilant not sure what advice I could give I kept the Bronco in a locked garage and had the keys inside my house. I would have never guessed this would happen.

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That is CRAZY!!!
How were you able to recover the vehicle?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to hear of this and know that you recovered your vehicle with no one harmed. They were inside your house to get the key fob so it could have been worse.

Once you get it fixed up and address security issues (side door access in the garage). Then install Ravelco and keep the male plug away from your fob.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad you got it back quickly! I'm a very light sleeper, and it probably wouldn't have turned out well for them had they entered my home forcibly in the middle of the night. Hope you can get it repaired 100% just as quickly!

Sponsored
OP
OP
tru-north

tru-north

First Edition
First Name
Celo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is CRAZY!!!
How were you able to recover the vehicle?
The Ford Pass App shows you vehicle location. I pulled it up on App and saw vehicle was parked. The police think this was a place where they have been staging stolen cars. There was a Stolen F250 in same parking lot. They assumed cutting the wire harnesses disabled Ford Pass but I guess on the Bronco it works different than other Fords. They did completely empty the car. I do not keep much in my truck but the took the plates off, owners manuals, insurance, registration, plus have my key. I got yelled at by the police for typing there and looking back it was probably not the best idea but what was I supposed to do let them take it forever?

OP
OP
tru-north

tru-north

First Edition
First Name
Celo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If this ever happens look at your Ford pass app and see where it's located?
Yep that’s how I was to recover so quickly but they can cut a harness and disable. Just they didn’t cut the right harness.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. Hopefully between your camera and the In & Out security footage they can get a plate number and identify the scumbags that did this.
Good thinking on the In & Out's footage. Probably should have a clear shot of the plate on the van.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tru-north

tru-north

First Edition
First Name
Celo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
dont think a gun would have help him much.
I agree. I bought it more because the fact I would never imagine someone entering my home. We have made so many changes deadbolt all doors and added alarm sensors to garage doors and the garage side door. I am actually grateful they found the keys in the kitchen and left. The whole thing could be much worse. My wife didn’t want to sleep in our house because she was convinced they would come back. I have an Aston Martin that she thought they would come back for. The gun is extra peace of mind. I am fortunate to have been trained in gun safety and proper use at a young age.

OP
OP
tru-north

tru-north

First Edition
First Name
Celo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow. Hopefully between your camera and the In & Out security footage they can get a plate number and identify the scumbags that did this.
Surprised they have not been caught. My neighbor has a shot of van and plate. The police were actually pretty mad at me for recovering vehicle myself. Guess I ruined possible prints. But in my experience with that they don’t do much with that stuff. I live in the Denver Metro area and they have had a huge increase in Auto Theft.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would not have even waited for the 30 minutes for the cops to show up. Mostly useless in this type of situation, even less at night. Invest in more home security, it is always worth it. Glad you got it back and hopefully not too much damage to repair. Also help you family in self defense training. No one can protect you from the common thief more than yourself.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crazy they can't back out of the garage without running into the wall but negotiated the curved driveway and other vehicles with ease lol. They must have noticed the back up screen once they cleared the garage.
Sponsored