Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I'm going to bring up warranty when appropriate. Many people here don't want problems they have to pay for out of pocket. I worked in dealerships for many years and saw how the OEM's were increasing the frequency and intensity of warranty audits. As a result more of the dealerships I worked with were denying more claims for modified vehicles. Some european brands scan the vehicle for a flash tune and automatically black flag the warranty if one is found, the technician doesn't have a choice. Certain dealerships are more lax about covering questionable things than others, those are usually the dealerships that haven't had a 6 figure chargeback from the OEM yet.

They shouldn't deny warranty claims on unrelated systems. If you install a lift kit and the power window or radio screen fails then there is no connection or reason to deny warranty. If you install an aftermarket bumper and relocate the ACC sensor they aren't going to warranty recalibrating or repairing the ACC system. Ravelco seems specifically problematic because it taps into multiple circuits. If there is a glitch or failure in any of those systems it's very easy to point the finger at the device install. With the amount of networked components in modern vehicles, the ability of one circuit to impact the performance of another is increased, possibly increasing the chance of problems with a device like Ravelco. If they have worked with Ford and have a certified install process that Ford will stand behind, then no issue with warranty.

I saw this device while searching for security solutions after reading this thread, it's a remote controlled relay for the fuel pump. I have no relation to the company nor have I used one before, but it looks like a plug and play solution that would be very difficult for a thief to find and defeat. I'd rather have a hidden button than another fob, but their fob could be hidden in the truck somewhere.

https://www.mobilistics.com/nostart...relay-w-remote-starter-fuel-pump-immobilizer/

Give how many screwed up and screwy electrical issues I've seen caused by aftermarket remote starts, and alarm systems. I tend to agree. An additional fob, that disables one of the features I wanted, and risk of electrical gremlins is a no go for me.
Sponsored

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A couple of guard dogs on a property might of given those thieves second thoughts breaking and entering.
I got a beast of a Cane Corso dog that would prevent any rational human from coming inside uninvited.
A guy that goes to the same dog park as is has a black one. It's eyes look red on the sides. That dog looks like if Satan himself had a dog, it would be that one. No way I'd ever mess with it.