First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all the Ravelco people, can they be installed without voiding factory warranty? It seems like Ford would point the finger of blame for any weird electrical glitches at the device that taps into eight separate circuits. For those who care, kiss remote start goodbye unless you leave the plug installed.

If you are ever concerned about FordPass being disabled (or if you’ve pulled the telematics module fuse like I have), they have locking AirTag enclosures you can hide in the vehicle. Not only will it help locate the vehicle, but if the thief gets an alert that an unknown AirTag is tracking them, they’re more likely to abandon the vehicle. Better than a LoJack IMO, and you can install a few if you really want to go crazy.
I have a dozen AirTags and use them on vehicles, keys, luggage while traveling, my boat, etc. There is one hidden in my Bronco. I would recommend keeping them somewhere above the level of the windows, the metal in the doors really hurts their range. They work very well, my boat on the mooring finds something to ping off of at least hourly through the day. In my opinion Apple ruined them when they added the anti stalking feature that notifies the user of a foreign airtag riding with them. You make a good point that it might cause a thief to bail.

There have been a bunch of theft rings installing an airtag on vehicles to track them for later theft, there was a thread here from someone in Houston who found an airtag on their Bronco. Maybe the thieves in this case did something similar when they were checking out his truck at the In-n-Out.

Is there a comparable product you recommend from another company? I don't support Apple.
I get it, but I got over it. I doubt apple steals any more of the users data than Google does.

Tile is Ok. the problem is that it requires ppl to be running the tile app in the background. Apple airtag takes advantage of the fact that iphones have a huge market share and the phones are constantly looking for apple products to connect to. you have a much better chance of crowd sourcing the location of your lost item with an airtag.
100% agree, AirTags dominate this space from a network perspective. Apple is more than 50% of the phones in the US and nobody has to be running a certain app in the background for it to work. My folks run android phones and I bought them Tile. The one superior feature is pressing the button to locate your phone, great feature for my 81 year old folks.
Sponsored

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it, but I got over it. I doubt apple steals any more of the users data than Google does.
If you read the Apple security doc and the legal process doc, they’ve designed AirTags so that the company themselves cannot see the location data.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you looked a Ravelco system? All the info I could find shows there has not been a vehicle stolen with their system. I have it on my F-150 and will do the same when my Bronco arrives. Even if they get the download off your fob, it will not start. Just a thought. Glad you got the truck back. Two hours for a police response, WOW!
Ravelco.com
Does the Ravelco system disable your remote start function? I imagine that it has to. :unsure:

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Ravelco system disable your remote start function? I imagine that it has to. :unsure:
Yep...If the Ravelco male plug is not plugged into the female receiver it does not start.

JJBadlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear about your bronco being stolen. Glad everyone is ok and you got it back.

I recently bought a sweet security device from a vendor on bronco nation forum because I was looking to add another level of security beyond MyFord GPS.

It locks your gas pedal using a safe multi-step PIN activated arming process. When armed a thief can't drive off in your bronco. Its easy to install yourself, not super expensive, and my favorite part is it doesn't void your factory warranty. I'm always weary of and avoid products that could void my warranty so knowing that's not an issue was a relief. Oh it also eliminates dreaded throttle lag too making my bronco more fun to drive. Pretty cool product. Everyone I've seen with one loves it including myself.

I posted some links and video below if anyone interested or wants to buy one for your bronco.

Btw I searched and these guys have the lowest price around hands down. Mine also shipped fast (received 3 biz days after ordering) and top notch customer service. I even texted them after hours with an install question and got a response within 10 minutes. They also own a 6th gen bronco which was a bonus for me seeing the product work on a bronco in video below.

Pedal Lock Video (Bronco):

Purchase Link:
https://ntautomotive.thrivecart.com/sprint-booster-v3-performance-security/

Bronco Nation Thread:
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...security-performance-wont-void-warranty.9080/

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your bronco being stolen. Glad everyone is ok and you got it back.

I recently bought a sweet security device from a vendor on bronco nation forum because I was looking to add another level of security beyond MyFord GPS.

It locks your gas pedal using a safe multi-step PIN activated arming process. When armed a thief can't drive off in your bronco. Its easy to install yourself, not super expensive, and my favorite part is it doesn't void your factory warranty. I'm always weary of and avoid products that could void my warranty so knowing that's not an issue was a relief. Oh it also eliminates dreaded throttle lag too making my bronco more fun to drive. Pretty cool product. Everyone I've seen with one loves it including myself.

I posted some links and video below if anyone interested or wants to buy one for your bronco.

Btw I searched and these guys have the lowest price around hands down. Mine also shipped fast (received 3 biz days after ordering) and top notch customer service. I even texted them after hours with an install question and got a response within 10 minutes. They also own a 6th gen bronco which was a bonus for me seeing the product work on a bronco in video below.

Pedal Lock Video (Bronco):

Purchase Link:
https://ntautomotive.thrivecart.com/sprint-booster-v3-performance-security/

Bronco Nation Thread:
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...security-performance-wont-void-warranty.9080/
Looks like a good device. With the Ravelco there are no codes to remember, no lock or unlock. It's the old plug and play. Thanks for sharing.

JJBadlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a good device. With the Ravelco there are no codes to remember, no lock or unlock. It's the old plug and play. Thanks for sharing.
No prob. Yes the Ravelco device looks good too. I almost went that route but it cost 3 times more, has to be professionally installed, y9u have to remember the physical key vs a PIN number stored in your head lol, and I'm still not sure if it voids your warranty.

I will say the pedal lock was plug and play too (for the most part). The PIN number can be whatever you want each time you arm the pedal and it has lockout technology built into the device in the event you forget your pin number. Very happy knowing its there if I park for a long hike or downtown after dark...and now even when parked at home after reading this thread.

Last edited:

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No prob. Yes the Ravelco device looks good too. I almost went that route but it cost 3 times more, has to be professionally installed and I'm still not sure if it voids your warranty.

I will say the pedal lock was plug and play too (for the most part). The PIN number can be whatever you want each time you arm the pedal and it has lockout technology built into the device in the event you forget your pin number. Very happy knowing its there if I park for a long hike or downtown after dark...and now even when parked at home after reading this thread.
Does not void warranty. Worked with the dealer and they got info from Ford. Also Ravelco will and have worked with dealer if there was some work that had to be done that their device had to be removed.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For all the Ravelco people, can they be installed without voiding factory warranty? It seems like Ford would point the finger of blame for any weird electrical glitches at the device that taps into eight separate circuits. For those who care, kiss remote start goodbye unless you leave the plug installed.

I have a dozen AirTags and use them on vehicles, keys, luggage while traveling, my boat, etc. There is one hidden in my Bronco. I would recommend keeping them somewhere above the level of the windows, the metal in the doors really hurts their range. They work very well, my boat on the mooring finds something to ping off of at least hourly through the day. In my opinion Apple ruined them when they added the anti stalking feature that notifies the user of a foreign airtag riding with them. You make a good point that it might cause a thief to bail.

There have been a bunch of theft rings installing an airtag on vehicles to track them for later theft, there was a thread here from someone in Houston who found an airtag on their Bronco. Maybe the thieves in this case did something similar when they were checking out his truck at the In-n-Out.

100% agree, AirTags dominate this space from a network perspective. Apple is more than 50% of the phones in the US and nobody has to be running a certain app in the background for it to work. My folks run android phones and I bought them Tile. The one superior feature is pressing the button to locate your phone, great feature for my 81 year old folks.
Dood your not allowed to post anything with the word " warranty" in it!!!! Seriously though 99% of us do not base our decisions on weather or not the damn warranty will be affected. And your DEAD WRONG about warranty be voided so easy....my Bronco is one of the most heavily modified ones around and my dealer just completed warranty work on it today!!! Quit spewing BS about warranty PLEASE.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dood your not allowed to post anything with the word " warranty" in it!!!! Seriously though 99% of us do not base our decisions on weather or not the damn warranty will be affected. And your DEAD WRONG about warranty be voided so easy....my Bronco is one of the most heavily modified ones around and my dealer just completed warranty work on it today!!! Quit spewing BS about warranty PLEASE.
No, I'm going to bring up warranty when appropriate. Many people here don't want problems they have to pay for out of pocket. I worked in dealerships for many years and saw how the OEM's were increasing the frequency and intensity of warranty audits. As a result more of the dealerships I worked with were denying more claims for modified vehicles. Some european brands scan the vehicle for a flash tune and automatically black flag the warranty if one is found, the technician doesn't have a choice. Certain dealerships are more lax about covering questionable things than others, those are usually the dealerships that haven't had a 6 figure chargeback from the OEM yet.

They shouldn't deny warranty claims on unrelated systems. If you install a lift kit and the power window or radio screen fails then there is no connection or reason to deny warranty. If you install an aftermarket bumper and relocate the ACC sensor they aren't going to warranty recalibrating or repairing the ACC system. Ravelco seems specifically problematic because it taps into multiple circuits. If there is a glitch or failure in any of those systems it's very easy to point the finger at the device install. With the amount of networked components in modern vehicles, the ability of one circuit to impact the performance of another is increased, possibly increasing the chance of problems with a device like Ravelco. If they have worked with Ford and have a certified install process that Ford will stand behind, then no issue with warranty.

I saw this device while searching for security solutions after reading this thread, it's a remote controlled relay for the fuel pump. I have no relation to the company nor have I used one before, but it looks like a plug and play solution that would be very difficult for a thief to find and defeat. I'd rather have a hidden button than another fob, but their fob could be hidden in the truck somewhere.

https://www.mobilistics.com/nostart...relay-w-remote-starter-fuel-pump-immobilizer/

Last edited:

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seriously, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Modifications definitely can and will affect warranty. I agree with you not everybody bases their decision on warranty. Just don't put in that 6" lift kit if you expect to get warranty work on the suspension.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Seriously, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Modifications definitely can and will affect warranty. I agree with you not everybody bases their decision on warranty. Just don't put in that 6" lift kit if you expect to get warranty work on the suspension.
Yeah kind of like when I'm having the dealer install my new Hoss 3.0 rack today and told them I wanted to do that and have them do the install just so it stayed under warranty and they just smiled and nodded. Even though if I could program in it myself I would have done the install instead myself.

Just because your truck didn't come with something doesn't mean it's going to be out of warranty or avoid the warranty cuz you added something special to it.

CNElliott

First Edition
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1190SX, 1125CRUly, XB12 Lightning Long Tall
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Which In-N-Out were you at? Aurora, Lone Tree, Thornton? Probably not CO SPGS.?

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a Sheild GPS on mine.
Doesn't that just plug into your OBD? Thieves literally just have to pull it out and chuck it out the window. Or is there more to it than that.

Dellebi

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some people suck.

Last night I took my daughter for a shake at in and out. It was late and not many people in the parking lot. I noticed two girls and guy in the parking lot in a older white dodge caravan. They were checking out my truck when we were inside.

Drove home parked in garage and went to bed. Woke up to a loud crash. Looked outside to see my Bronco driving away. Immediately called the police who took almost two hours to respond. By the time the police showed up I had already called Ford and recovered the vehicle.

When I pulled up my home surveillance footage you see the white dodge van park across the street about 2 minutes after we got home. They waited almost 2 hours broke into our garage side door came into the house grabbed the keys on the counter and in a rush they backed into the side of our house which woke me up.

Damage to vehicle is still unknown they hot roded out of our neighborhood. Drove to a retirement community about 10 miles from my house and cut the wire harnesses to the rear view mirror and the wire harness that runs along the driver side door. Broke my center console. Hard Top, Spare Tire, Rear door and Bumper are all damaged.

Be vigilant not sure what advice I could give I kept the Bronco in a locked garage and had the keys inside my house. I would have never guessed this would happen.

Sponsored