First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No we have an alarm and a big German Shepard who is in the dog house on this one. The garage side door and garage door to house did not have a sensor. I did not install the system we moved into the house and I never noticed.

4CBA02A8-A94B-4E32-84F8-58CAA7B1D6BE.jpeg
Here's what I use for an extra level of security!
PXL_20220807_131937007.jpg
PXL_20220807_132002127.MP.jpg
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow very sorry to hear of your misfortune. Glad you were able to get your Bronco back. You may want to consider installing a deadbolt on the door which enters your house off of the garage (?) People really suck.
I would also suggest....
PXL_20220807_131937007.jpg

NatureBoy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, time to invest more into security for my Bronco. Glad you had Ford pass set up. Blows my mind a team of girls did this.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree w OP that people do indeed suck, however this is what happens when crimes are no longer deemed punishable by prosecutors. This is not a PD problem it’s simply a sign of the times. It wasn’t that long ago when every call to the PD was responded to with urgency and desire to investigate the crime unfortunately we now live in a society where PD’s are specifically told not to respond to non-violent or life threatening crimes by community leaders and those making the rules at the top of the org chart So don’t blame the cops that want to do their job, blame those that are preventing them from being able to do so.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add a fuel pump relay switch. $10. Easy and reliable. Chrisfix has a great video on YT.
With new cars frequently hitting $60k and parts running scarce, the 1980's days of steal and strip are coming back.

Sponsored

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I parked around the corner from it called the police. They said leave it alone they were on their way. Waited 30 minutes. They didn’t show so I recovered it myself.
Mind if I ask roughly whereabouts they were staging the stolen cars?

Also which PD was responding? I know response times vary greatly depending where you live in the metro area, unfortunately..

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
cops not going finger print a stolen vehicle .cops are mad because they could have watched the vehicle and see if the thief would come back for it thats why they parked it there so in case the tracker still worked so you blow the cops chance of catching them .

🤣🤣🤣

Yes, they had every intention of watching that vehicle closely... that's why they never showed up in the 30 minutes OP waited for them AFTER he located the Bronco and told them where it was, and traveled to it.

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agree w OP that people do indeed suck, however this is what happens when crimes are no longer deemed punishable by prosecutors. This is not a PD problem it’s simply a sign of the times. It wasn’t that long ago when every call to the PD was responded to with urgency and desire to investigate the crime unfortunately we now live in a society where PD’s are specifically told not to respond to non-violent or life threatening crimes by community leaders and those making the rules at the top of the org chart So don’t blame the cops that want to do their job, blame those that are preventing them from being able to do so.
Ditto!!!!!!! Well said!

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you looked a Ravelco system? All the info I could find shows there has not been a vehicle stolen with their system. I have it on my F-150 and will do the same when my Bronco arrives. Even if they get the download off your fob, it will not start. Just a thought. Glad you got the truck back. Two hours for a police response, WOW!
Ravelco.com
Ravelcos are a nice layer of protection, but it seems unlikely one has never been stolen. Rollbacks make quick work of disabled vehicles. It would have definitely saved OP though.

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a driveway alarm (Guardline)that gives me a heads up when anything comes up. i know you look to have short driveway but every little warning helps you get ready. I had a couple punks on foot going through neighborhood looking for unlocked cars at 2 in the morning. My driveway alarm went off and I went out to greet them. Never saw a jackrabbit run as fast as they did. My wife had called police and they arrived within 5 minutes. I will probably put a fuel cutoff switch in my Bronco.

New2This

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tile is Ok. the problem is that it requires ppl to be running the tile app in the background. Apple airtag takes advantage of the fact that iphones have a huge market share and the phones are constantly looking for apple products to connect to. you have a much better chance of crowd sourcing the location of your lost item with an airtag.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

🤣🤣🤣

Yes, they had every intention of watching that vehicle closely... that's why they never showed up in the 30 minutes OP waited for them AFTER he located the Bronco and told them where it was, and traveled to it.
cops dont rush for nothing, I had a young lady I rented to who file charges against a ex BF a few times and he was trying to get into her place one night and she called cops and 20 min later cops called back saying they be there in 20 mins so not saying cops are not slow and not worthless just what they could have done.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Surprised they have not been caught. My neighbor has a shot of van and plate...
Likely it was a stolen plate... your plate they stole is probably on that van now.

When I had experienced a theft, waited hours on the police, it was the most wasted time in my life. A week later I get a call from them asking me if I got any more information, if I got surveillance footage showing the theft. I wasn't aware I had to do my own investigation. They closed the investigation because I didn't have anything new. Admittedly it was a basic property theft of only about $4,000.
Sponsored