Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WHY tell them this, if they want to steal a Bronco, all they'd have to do is search the forums...
Also worth pointing out unless you want to give Ford all of your vehicle’s location and speed data to resell to law enforcement, insurance carriers, analytics companies, and advertisers then it’s worth pulling the fuse to protect your privacy. FordPass doesn’t seem like an even trade at least to me.

One of many articles for reference: https://www.newsweek.com/privacy-co...ers-selling-massive-amounts-your-data-1634478

Last edited:

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprised they have not been caught. My neighbor has a shot of van and plate. The police were actually pretty mad at me for recovering vehicle myself. Guess I ruined possible prints. But in my experience with that they don’t do much with that stuff. I live in the Denver Metro area and they have had a huge increase in Auto Theft.
The guys who took two hours to come to the house, and then didnt show when you told them where the Bronco was were mad? Oh well. They wouldnt do anything with "prints", bank on that. Zero percent chance a damn thing wouldve been done. Congrats on doing their job and getting your ride back.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is the FordPass the ford.com site, and then you login? Where did you go after that to find your truck?

Sponsored

Meshyf

Big Bend
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

God that would be awful sorry dude.

Just a heads up get a GPS device on it that isn't connected to the wireharness. Ford Pass can be disabled by pulling a fuse in the fuse box and the car runs normal and nobody would be the wiser.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

God that would be awful sorry dude.

Just a heads up get a GPS device on it that isn't connected to the wireharness. Ford Pass can be disabled by pulling a fuse in the fuse box and the car runs normal and nobody would be the wiser.
Thanks for that...missed this above if it was mentioned. Sounds like the Ravelco is still a good choice.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a Sheild GPS on mine.
If I read the website correct, this plugs into the ODBII? What stops them from unplugging it when they get into the truck?

Broncoriderz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A couple of guard dogs on a property might of given those thieves second thoughts breaking and entering.
I got a beast of a Cane Corso dog that would prevent any rational human from coming inside uninvited.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've got dogs, but am under no allusion they will do much for anyone who is prepared. Throw them a couple of steaks and they aren't going to make a sound. Unless your dogs are really trained as guard dogs, they aren't.

Broncoriderz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've got dogs, but am under no allusion they will do much for anyone who is prepared. Throw them a couple of steaks and they aren't going to make a sound. Unless your dogs are really trained as guard dogs, they aren't.
That is true. But I think lots of dogs will at least bark and make noises!!

STFUST2793

Badlands
First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is insane. The fact they came into the house for the keys…what balls. Nothing to lose and willing to die for that key fob, because how do they know what was waiting for them on the other side of that door. Thats really the scary part….makes you wonder were they armed as well…and were they willing to get in a shootout over it. It’s like something from Gone In 60 SECONDS. Absolute scum. One day they will hit the jackpot on the wrong boost. Glad you and your family are ok. Thats really the only important thing, but these domestic terrorists are out of control. Bring back law and order…
Sponsored