First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is exactly why I'm thinking of adding a switched relay to the fuel pump or Pcm. Hide the toggle switch somewhere.
Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all that are critical of LE response time, have you ever been a first responder is a smaller town? And on night shift at that? Maybe pull the call log for that night, ever think that the available officers were previously engaged? There are not limitless resources for non life threatening calls. Maybe just take a moment to chill and broaden your reference point.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

STFUST2793

Badlands
First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all that are critical of LE response time, have you ever been a first responder is a smaller town? And on night shift at that? Maybe pull the call log for that night, ever think that the available officers were previously engaged? There are not limitless resources for non life threatening calls. Maybe just take a moment to chill and broaden your reference point.
It is tough. Call volume is up, applicants are down, so squads are running short, etc. Vehicle thefts are low priority unless nothing else is going on obviously. Unless it comes in as a hot call, itā€™s probably just going into the que unless somebody is in apparent danger. If you are a cop, my hat is off to you. PD def. does not have it easy right now. PD will get there as soon as they can. In the meantime, just be prepared to protect you and your family. The underbelly of society is on the take, so be vigilant. Iā€™m super conscious of where I park, who is behind me when Iā€™m coming into my neighborhood, always carry when Iā€™m out, and beef up on home security. I feel like Iā€™m a little paranoid sometimes, but what else can you do. Itā€™s not the 80s anymore. All I can say is God help our kidsā€¦.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had this been reported as a home invasion (which it was as described) the response time would have been much different. Property crimes are a very low priority for all agencies. Blows my mind that they were bold enough to kick in your door in order to get the keys. How did that not wake you?

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could have sworn someone posted a link to a night-latch earlier in this thread. Just wanted to thank them for that idea, just installed one on my garage side door today. I also ordered some latches for the garage door itself.

While I was looking at the door itself, I noticed the previous homeowner got door frame reinforcement plates. The entire door frame is wrapped in steel sheet. Between that and the night latch, hoping I'll be okay, but as the saying goes: can't have $h!t in Detroit.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly why I'm thinking of adding a switched relay to the fuel pump or Pcm. Hide the toggle switch somewhere.
I do this to every one of my cars. a quick toggle that's within easy reach but hidden. No one stealing a car is going to suspect that.
Sorry this happened, OP. Not sure what else you could realistically have done to prevent this. Bad things happen. Glad everyone was safe.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, what are the chances (I know, it's not related except in a WTF kind of way). I work on a dead end road near the highway. This morning a woman pulls in and stops by our dumpster. comes to the building and says she ran out of gas, said it takes diesel, asked to use the bathroom and asked where the nearest gas station is. Fiddled around in the truck for half an hour (asked the guy driving the garbage truck that emptied the dumpster for a ride) and wandered off, hasn't been back since.

Something seemed off about her. Having read this thread, I joked I bet it's stolen. Office manager call the local PD, they asked the color and model...turns out it was stolen from the next town over last night...

Guess I'm glad I didn't leave my keys in my truck (sometimes I do here at work, there's nobody around), I need it to get me until my Bronco can be ordered (and delivered).

OP, glad you got it back, hopefully the damage can be repaired in a way that doesn't cause any future issues (wiring...yuck).

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is just awful. Sorry OP.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AMen...One guy here that's glad you folks are still around and working hard. I've had the chance to ride with and work with our local sheriffs. It always seems the ones that complain the most are the ones that call first.

I'm glad no one was hurt and they got their truck back. I pray that someday folks wake up and see what is happening to the great country.

CamTalksTech

Outer Banks
First Name
Camryn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am hiding an AirTag in my Bronco specifically for if it were to get stolen, and if they cut harnesses.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This morning a woman pulls in and stops by our dumpster. comes to the building and says she ran out of gas, said it takes diesel, asked to use the bathroom and asked where the nearest gas station is. Fiddled around in the truck for half an hour (asked the guy driving the garbage truck that emptied the dumpster for a ride) and wandered off, hasn't been back since.

Something seemed off about her. Having read this thread, I joked I bet it's stolen. Office manager call the local PD, they asked the color and model...turns out it was stolen from the next town over last night...
She could have been casing your place for a robbery later. It's an old gypsy gambit: talk your way in somehow ("I have a problem...") look around see if (and where) valuables are. then the menfolk come later and rip off the place.

That she wanted diesel was, for me, a giveaway. Too irregular. Don't let "needy" people into your premises!

broncowrangler

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone have experience with Tesla's PIN to Drive security feature? I think a similar feature built into Ford SYNC could help prevent a lot of situations like this. The thief would need both the physical key fob AND know the unique PIN in order to drive the vehicle. Seems like it would be an easy addition to a future SYNC software update.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No we have an alarm and a big German Shepard who is in the dog house on this one. The garage side door and garage door to house did not have a sensor. I did not install the system we moved into the house and I never noticed.

4CBA02A8-A94B-4E32-84F8-58CAA7B1D6BE.jpeg
We have a redundant system.

Dexter Kassie.jpg
Sponsored