west

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
The Bronco as a whole will be mass produced, the so called "first edition" has nothing that makes it special other than the name and an overpriced sticker.
If you want a model that will appreciate, buy the Base 2D MT in a classic color combo and ... store it for a long ... long time.

NCOBX

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Lol this is a mass produced vehicle, no ones going to pay more for a 1st edition in 5 years. Hell in 5 years the Bronco will go through a refresh and the desire for the 2021s will fall. You’ll be lucky to get $20k for then.

It’s the way of the automotive world. Don’t like it, buy used.

Now if there was a special 7.3L 7 speed manual that was only produced for3500 units that would definitely hold it’s value, but a trim package? No.

BroncoOrNo?

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX2
I can never understand people that whine and cry when a business makes more of something good, as though another person enjoying what they are enjoying somehow takes away some positive aspect of it. Does the guy at the other table eating bacon, somehow make your bacon taste worse? Ford's gonna give you what you ordered, quit being a little cheese and whine -hitch

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
listen to the OP. he's not upset about the car,. he's upset it isn't special enough anymore because they bumped up production to 7000 models.

i'm sure he's not alone thinking like this. the psychology of limited editions and having something thought of as "more special" is strong in not just cars but quite a few things.

Wiser Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
listen to the OP. he's not upset about the car,. he's upset it isn't special enough anymore because they bumped up production to 7000 models.

i'm sure he's not alone thinking like this. the psychology of limited editions and having something thought of as "more special" is strong in not just cars but quite a few things.
Exactly! Thanks for understanding.

DeltaBravo

First Edition
First Name
Delta
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Clubs

...k..
Hi guys!

Awesome support here on the forum,
Me and my wife were so excited in getting the First Edition "Limited Production" ... (yeah right) - but received an email yesterday making more than they initially said...... like seriously?

I do intend to use it for off roading & for what its meant to be used. Not that it will be mint condition or that ill ever sell it, but my main question is has Ford done this move in the past?
And does this devalue the Bronco in any way?

Just been extremely disappointed, from a financial view of Ford it makes sense but for an end customer that makes me lose there trust because they do not live up to there name as they said they would.

Someone calm me down and say its ok.... haha
...k...

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Clubs

Ok I understand that, but they are only going from 3,500 to 7,000. Unless you live in extremely densely populated area the chances you are ever gonna see another First Edition is pretty small I think.

Also not to be rude, but where I come from, people that pay a lot more so they can have a “special” version of a MASS-produced vehicle are called yuppies. Maybe that’s just the poor in me though😂😂😂.

Wiser Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
well, ford has been adding "1 more year" of GT production since I can remember.

They also pushed out a 2nd year of coach door continentals, granted the 2nd year lost some badging and werent "officially" 80th anniversary, but still basically the same thing.

I look at it this way... while I got my order in fairly early on the evening of the launch, theres a chance I wasnt in the first 3500 orders. So perhaps had they not extended it to 7000, I wouldnt be getting one at all. And I chose it for its content, not the FE badge.

Its possible that the badlands can be equipped with all the same content as the FE, so maybe it would have been OK, but then again, if I like the badlands specs more, Ill just order one of those anyway. but at least I have that choice for now.
Thanks for putting that into perspective, sure FE is sweet and all....(still little disappointed) But thats a good point, i might of been a little late for that 3500 with the system glitch and i got it!
Plus as some guys already put it, going with the lower option full spec it would cost more than an FE.

So now will see what interior options will get, hope there Black / Brown.

TwoTone

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
So Bronco sales over the years are going to be well into the 100's of thousands of units and you're worried that bumping the 3500 FEs to 7k FEs make them less special?

Seriously think about that just a little more.

JAG

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
If you’re mad now, I’m gonna need a bag of popcorn for when they release the Warthog next year right in the First Edition price range.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
As a First Edition reservation holder, I'm glad there's more to go around to others.

If the First Edition costs more than what I can get on lower trim with Options, I'll go that route.

I'm not paying more just for seat color and hood/door decals and it just being a First Edition.

For investment I have to recommend a Bronco that is done depreciating and is going up in value. Maybe we can get a thread started, Bronco Investing tips!

Advertisement

Advertisement