indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
First, the real point is that the "Navy Pier" is in no way unique and is a retread from other vehicles. The Bronco is suppose to be its own car line. Why is it getting the Ford Truck Interior? And ask yourself, if you saw a Bronco sitting in a parking lot with the "Navy Pier" interior, would you honestly say "Wow!"?
Second, FE owners are paying a premium for more than just the interior. It will have a unique hood and badging.
Third, many FE owners (like me) are buying it because it is a complete package at a single price point that is supposed to take the best of each package and make a super nice Bronco. "Navy Pier" does not do that for me.
Fourth, since Ford has not told us what the different options will cost, it is hard to judge if a FE is a good or bad value in comparison to a personally configured lower model.
Lastly, many FE owners (like me) are hedging our bets. For me, I am looking at the Badlands. Although I will lose the uniqueness of an FE, based on what I see on the Sport builder and the Bronco Series Comparison Guide, I will get what I think is something that will look a hell of a lot better than a FE with "Navy Pier".
Hope this explains the "why."
Yep I understand some people are driven more by scarcity and exclusivity than others. As someone who is not driven by that, I don't get the allure.

Also a special edition generally is what it is. I know people who collected things, and those folks are typically into the special edition items. They don't configure the special edition items. Those items are special edition because they are limited and come a certain way. The special edition Han Solo action figure with blue pants. But I wanted the green pants! :)

Especially since there are several different model packages with various options, all the griping about the special edition seems odd. I think if the special edition is not for some of you guys - buy a different version.

Austin_Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Viper GTS, '11 WRX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FYI Fiasco has an extremely interesting etymology. People dying. Things starting on fire. Anyhow, blue interior aside (and understanding that we really don't know what the future holds) they're INCREASING availability, this isn't because less people want them.

Nate
Signs point to the increase being due to overselling the original 3,500 (they didn't open it back up for others). I'd be interested to know how many they let through, and what they assume retention will be on those reservations. Did they overdo it by 3000? a few hundred and are giving more to dealers? 5000 and assuming people drop?

Side note note- interesting origins of fiasco, the blue interior is not at the Pinto level, but it does kill my reservation. #toosoon

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep I understand some people are driven more by scarcity and exclusivity than others. As someone who is not driven by that, I don't get the allure.

Also a special edition generally is what it is. I know people who collected things, and those folks are typically into the special edition items. They don't configure the special edition items. Those items are special edition because they are limited and come a certain way. The special edition Han Solo action figure with blue pants. But I wanted the green pants! :)

Especially since there are several different model packages with various options, all the griping about the special edition seems odd. I think if the special edition is not for some of you guys - buy a different version.
Hey guys, one of the 20 gripers here— I believe a lot of our concern was when there were rumors that we couldn’t switch out of a first edition model. That was floating around for a few days

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man all this bitching about an interior that we have only seen cgi images of remind me when people were freaking out about the 2 door based on the 7/8 clay model. Calm down people and quit being so crazy. Originally the 2017 gt was supposed to be only 500 cars but demand was so great they’ve almost tripled production of that car, and it’s a $500,000 car!
And anyone so concerned with the options/appearance, should probably be waiting to see and test real live Broncos before buying. I'm not dropping 30k plus on a vehicle, which I haven't even seen in person and test driven, and not sure of all the attributes.

Seems like the Ford manufactured scarcity of the special edition is throwing some folks for a loop. If they can get over that psyc hurdle, the Bronco overall is shaping up to be a fine 4x4 and should make a lot of people happy on and off-road.

Also: "Badges, we don't need no stinking badges." :)

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Again, what some see as griping, I see as influencing. Ford reads these forums and the time is now, not on delivery, to ask for what we want. :)
If you are happy with "Navy Pier" and having what is in a Ford Truck and in the Bronco Sport, GREAT! I would like to have an option for something more. That is not GRIPING. That is telling Ford, as a consumer, what I want. :)
And your Star Wars analogy is just silly. You get a choice of paint colors. I am simply advocating for a choice in interior colors as well.
It seems odd to me that for a car that is suppose to be the most customizable Ford has ever produced, that people would not support a simple choice on the interior to satisfy all of us. If you want Navy Pier, GREAT. If I want brown leather, GREAT. The choice on a $70K investment is not the same as a $4.99 toy. But hey, I realize some people like going to the market and only having Generic Brand Vanilla Ice Cream to buy or desire a return to the Model T days when Ford cars only came in black. To each their own. :)

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry I just realized you took the time out of your day to cruise their forum and copy and paste a few people raggin on a 6.4 in the wrangler.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With a twin-scroll turbo on a 2016 Subaru WRX that I owed, I did not notice lag at all. If you are gauging for it, I guess there may be a slight lag for those that are really wanting to measure it. For me coming from NA engines all my life, I did not notice. I do have a heavy foot as well :). I am hoping that the Bronco eco-engines will feel the same for me. Crossing fingers ?
My focus RS had plenty of lag. I sure do miss that little car the 2.3 they’re putting in the bronco is virtually the same engine.

Sponsored

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
True or false: could someone option a wildtrack with all of the features of a FE minus the interior color? If true, what makes the FE special? A small discount over the highly optioned wildtrack? The badging, hood, and side decals? The interior? If false? Then I guess you have one of two options: you can accept what Ford deemed exclusive about that trim (interior color, badging, decals) and buy it OR, if it doesn’t appeal to you, you can buy something else. Thinking that your posts are influencing Ford is silly.

If it were up to me the FE would have an entirely unique exterior and interior, as these are things other Bronco owners would be unlikely to imitate due to expense, but, hey, they didn’t ask.

Nate

cowgoesmoo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mustang v6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got the same email. That is BS - the 'exclusivity' of the FE has officially been cut in half. Ford trying to make a few extra bucks on the highest priced model.
The exclusivity has not been cut in half. You can't look at it as "I have one of 3500(now 7000) FE's" you gotta look at it as there are only 7000 FE's out of 250,000 Broncos and that 250,000 is going to keep increasing while the 7000 remains constant. I don't see why people are so mad about it "losing exclusivity" cause it is still ridiculously exclusive in the grand scheme of things because future model years won't have first editions available.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

True or false: could someone option a wildtrack with all of the features of a FE minus the interior color? If true, what makes the FE special? A small discount over the highly optioned wildtrack? The badging, hood, and side decals? The interior? If false? Then I guess you have one of two options: you can accept what Ford deemed exclusive about that trim (interior color, badging, decals) and buy it OR, if it doesn’t appeal to you, you can buy something else. Thinking that your posts are influencing Ford is silly.

If it were up to me the FE would have an entirely unique exterior and interior, as these are things other Bronco owners would be unlikely to imitate due to expense, but, hey, they didn’t ask.

Nate
Really easy to do, especially now they have an economy of scale with doubling the amount. And inexpensive as well. Things that might be EASY and cool (One or all):

The wheel fenders are easily interchangeable and pretty basic. Mold up something with a bit more style. Lots of talk that Ford will offer aftermarket ones anyway. Maybe a cool carbon fiber look? Stamp them with the First Edition badge in a discreet location and, boom! Cheap and easy!

Custom grab handles (Oh-My God Handles) that coordinate with the exterior color picked. These are designed for swap out in the after-market as well, so mold them up and BOOM! Cheap and easy.

Ford Racing Blue brake calipers with Bronco lettering. Again, easy to paint and put on all of the FEs. This is common on special editions of other brands. Cheap and easy! Small detail, looks cool and easy.

Colored tow hooks. Again, cheap and easy. A nice small detail that will stand out.

Ford performance air cleaner. Ford already sells them. It is under the hood, but come on, when you show off your Bronco, at some point, you will pop the hood.

First Edition engine cover. You know they are going to put that big hunk of plastic to cover up some of the engine. Badge it! Again, hidden, but when you pop the hood, unique! Again, easy and low cost.

Throw in the winch. It is really needed for offroaders, and most mall warriors add them too. So throw it on. Not as unique, but nice.

Throw in a front light bar. Again, not as unique, but nice to have off the showroom floor.

ETC.
Sponsored