Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've seen this sentiment posted several times now, and maybe I'm missing something, but why are people thinking that a lower trim that is optioned up with the same features going to be more $$ than a FE? A Wildtrak and FE are very similar when it comes to standard equipment. An FE is a full $8,000-$12,000 more than a Wildtrak depending on doors. I don't think adding Leather, and the High, and Lux package to a Wildtrak is gonna make it exceed an FE starting price. Maybe get close, but not over. A Badlands is around $18,000 cheaper starting off too. ?‍♂ ?‍♂ ?‍♂

tldr; Not sure why people think Ford is gonna give them a Costco value package on the FE. If anything it's going to come with factory installed ADM. Maybe I'm missing something and am genuinely asking.
Sponsored

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I might of been a little late for that 3500 with the system glitch and i got it!
Since you "were a little late for the 3500" it is likely you would not have made the original 3500 cutoff and would have received a "Sorry" email. Because of the glitches they may have oversold, so instead they bumped it up so everybody who ordered the first night got one no matter what.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

wildtrak does not have the swaybar disconnect, probably not optional.

badlands would be the surrogate to build an FE otherwise. but yeah, 18k. Id say 3k for sasquatch, 5k for high/lux upgrade, 2k for the roof, 4k for the auto/2.7L, 1k for leather. Im up to 15k of options. see what else is out there to try to find the other 3grand.
Oh yeah definitely on the sway bar disconnect. More just picked the Wildtrak since it already came with Sasquatch and 2.7/A10. And yeah in my opinion you’re actually on the high side of possible prices for those options so I just can’t see where the extra $$ is supposedly coming from.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh yeah definitely on the sway bar disconnect. More just picked the Wildtrak since it already came with Sasquatch and 2.7/A10. And yeah in my opinion you’re actually on the high side of possible prices for those options so I just can’t see where the extra $$ is supposedly coming from.
Maybe the extra money is just so people can drive it a month-ish before the other 6 Bronco trims are produced. Wouldn't surprise me.

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Exactly! Thanks for understanding.
Right but as others stated, 7,500 out of what Could be 1,000,000 broncos in the first 6+ years is limited. As well as 7,500 broncos out of all the cars in the world and the 7.7 billion people. It’s relative. I get that 3,500 would be better, but think of the first night people that had it in its inbox and couldn’t close the deal for some reason. Now they get to enjoy that as well. Plus isn’t the FE only like 5K more than the wild track.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Again, what some see as griping, I see as influencing. Ford reads these forums and the time is now, not on delivery, to ask for what we want. :)
If you are happy with "Navy Pier" and having what is in a Ford Truck and in the Bronco Sport, GREAT! I would like to have an option for something more. That is not GRIPING. That is telling Ford, as a consumer, what I want. :)
And your Star Wars analogy is just silly. You get a choice of paint colors. I am simply advocating for a choice in interior colors as well.
It seems odd to me that for a car that is suppose to be the most customizable Ford has ever produced, that people would not support a simple choice on the interior to satisfy all of us. If you want Navy Pier, GREAT. If I want brown leather, GREAT. The choice on a $70K investment is not the same as a $4.99 toy. But hey, I realize some people like going to the market and only having Generic Brand Vanilla Ice Cream to buy or desire a return to the Model T days when Ford cars only came in black. To each their own. :)
But aren't there all kinds of choices with the various models and options? I'm leaning down the road, towards a base model 2 door, hopefully with higher ratio ring and pinion if Ford offers that option. That option sure would be nice, then I would add my own larger tire/wheel combo. Anyway maybe you are right and Ford might listen and allow different interior on the SE. I hope people are able to get what they want.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
its also 2 steel bumpers, underbody protection and rock rails. those are probably available on the wildtrack, but bet they add up to a decent package cost.
I have a feeling that a Badlands and a Wildtrak similarly equipped are going to be within a few dollars, Add the interior, package, hardtop, V6/auto to the badlands will be almost the same as Wildtrak with bumpers and rock rails. Probably the only difference will be the Goat
Modes vs sway bar disconnect

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Forgot to ask you a question alot of people are wondering about: is the factory keyless entry option one of those stick-on ones that the new Ford Ranger has? If so that is no bueno lol.
Are you talking about the keypad? Again, I'm not sure because I haven't seen one on a vehicle. But I would guess it is a stick on one like the Ranger. I'm not sure how else they would do it since there are no frames on the doors. Most other Ford vehicles have the keypad on the B-pillar in the door frame. Obviously you can't do that with the Bronco.
I personally unfortunately think it'll be the stick on type, unless they surprise us. I didn't see it in the B-pillar, but as those ones were still prototypes, it's theoretically plausible that it could still get it there.

True or false: could someone option a wildtrack with all of the features of a FE minus the interior color? If true, what makes the FE special? A small discount over the highly optioned wildtrack? The badging, hood, and side decals? The interior? If false? Then I guess you have one of two options: you can accept what Ford deemed exclusive about that trim (interior color, badging, decals) and buy it OR, if it doesn’t appeal to you, you can buy something else. Thinking that your posts are influencing Ford is silly.

If it were up to me the FE would have an entirely unique exterior and interior, as these are things other Bronco owners would be unlikely to imitate due to expense, but, hey, they didn’t ask.

Nate
Not quite, at least on paper - it gets Badlands' disconnecting sway bar and rock rails, which can't be had on Wildtrak. And there are options from Wildtrak that can't be had on Badlands - so FE gets features of both.

Well, I’m keeping a second order on a WildTrax at a different dealer just in case the first dealer tries to add a premium charge on my FE order. I’m not paying $10k over MSRP like some people are suggesting might happen. When I ask my dealer about the pricing structure, I get BS, canned responses...”no one knows...Ford hasn’t told us anything..blah, blah, blah”
How is it a BS canned response if Ford hasn't told them anything yet?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I had a few different posts quoted, but decided to just do some blanket comments.

First, I'll start with this........it's clear that with the website glitches on reveal day, more than 3,500 reservations for the FE must have gotten through, meaning more than 3,500 people put down $100 for one.

Once that happened, Ford's options were:
1) Tell X number (apparently 3,500) of ecstatic fans/buyers that paid $100 for a FE - oh, I'm sorry, there was a glitch and you actually didn't get one, sorry, k bye.

2) Realize the glitch resulted in X number (7,000 apparently) of FE reservations actually got through and just expand FE to that number, avoiding having to let people down that had a reservation in hand already, and dealing with the slightly less exclusivity thing.

Clearly, Ford felt option 2 was better than having to retract reservations that were already out there.

They also realize some people are upset by the increased number, and literally say in the email we understand if this changes your desire for the FE, and will refund your reservation if desired. The reality is, as others have pointed out - even the increased number of 7,000 is still very exclusive and will only get more exclusive as production goes on. I mean 7,000 of what, 100K? 150K the first year? That's less than 7% in the first year. If it's really that big of a deal to whoever, just get a refund and don't get one. Seems like a big ado about nothing.

IF Ford had decided to make another 3,500 units AFTER all FEs were all produced and sold (at a higher price over other models), I'd agree that it would be worth uproar, as that's completely changing things after the fact. But the reality is, none have been made yet. If they'd have originally said 7,000, nobody would be batting an eye.

---

Now as for the FE itself - right now we don't know anything for sure about it. Indications point to it having the navy interior, but that by no means seems 100% certain that that will be the only option, as they're clearly still working on things. Also, the complaints about it are based off of some horrible rendered images that themselves aren't even finalized

Here's a Navy Pier photo from F-150 Limited, in which all of the seat is blue. Bronco will be a blue/black combo:

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco bumped up to 7,000 production limit! 1595484586800

Some brought up Sport only having one option - I'll say this - clearly the big Broncos get more attention/resources than the little one, so it's possible it could get more options.

And ultimately, if you don't like it once we find out final build combinations, then don't buy it. But why don't we just wait and see what's actually offered first?

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some brought up Sport only having one option - I'll say this - clearly the big Broncos get more attention/resources than the little one, so it's possible it could get more options.
Yeah and I saw that the Sport is only getting Sync3... It's clearly not getting the best of the best here.

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i'm gonna flip my first edition bronco for 80k - says customer #2672

……………...- not anymore says customer #6496

maybe I can STILL profit 10k and sell for 70K if I say it's rare says customer # 535

Last edited:

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, maybe we can stop talking interiors for awhile (ESPECIALLY ME!) and see if this intel in another thread is true!

According to this inside source:

THREE INTERIOR CHOICES

Also, it looks like white, grey, and black tops and grills (although it is not clear if that is on the First Edition as well).

REGARDLESS, I hope this gives you hope! LOL :)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-gray-grille-and-tops-coming.2697/post-83493

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I had a few different posts quoted, but decided to just do some blanket comments.

First, I'll start with this........it's clear that with the website glitches on reveal day, more than 3,500 reservations for the FE must have gotten through, meaning more than 3,500 people put down $100 for one.

Once that happened, Ford's options were:
1) Tell X number (apparently 3,500) of ecstatic fans/buyers that paid $100 for a FE - oh, I'm sorry, there was a glitch and you actually didn't get one, sorry, k bye.

2) Realize the glitch resulted in X number (7,000 apparently) of FE reservations actually got through and just expand FE to that number, avoiding having to let people down that had a reservation in hand already, and dealing with the slightly less exclusivity thing.

Clearly, Ford felt option 2 was better than having to retract reservations that were already out there.

They also realize some people are upset by the increased number, and literally say in the email we understand if this changes your desire for the FE, and will refund your reservation if desired. The reality is, as others have pointed out - even the increased number of 7,000 is still very exclusive and will only get more exclusive as production goes on. I mean 7,000 of what, 100K? 150K the first year? That's less than 7% in the first year. If it's really that big of a deal to whoever, just get a refund and don't get one. Seems like a big ado about nothing.

IF Ford had decided to make another 3,500 units AFTER all FEs were all produced and sold (at a higher price over other models), I'd agree that it would be worth uproar, as that's completely changing things after the fact. But the reality is, none have been made yet. If they'd have originally said 7,000, nobody would be batting an eye.

---

Now as for the FE itself - right now we don't know anything for sure about it. Indications point to it having the navy interior, but that by no means seems 100% certain that that will be the only option, as they're clearly still working on things. Also, the complaints about it are based off of some horrible rendered images that themselves aren't even finalized

Here's a Navy Pier photo from F-150 Limited, in which all of the seat is blue. Bronco will be a blue/black combo:

1595484586800.png

And ultimately, if you don't like it once we find out final build combinations, then don't buy it. But why don't we just wait and see what's actually offered first?
Or maybe they double the number of the most expensive model because who doesn’t like money?
The conversation was likely how many of the 3500 do we lose on reduced exclusivity vs how much do we make on 3500 more trucks.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah and I saw that the Sport is only getting Sync3... It's clearly not getting the best of the best here.
The Sport looks to have better/more advanced Co-Pilot technology.
Sponsored