Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

“There’s a sucker born every minute” - W.C. Fields (maybe)
They might not be a sucker if the other FE seller gets between $15k and $25K. LOL. "Caveat Emptor"
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Navy Pier Interior will probably be the only thing that might stop me from buying a FE. I'm sure there are alot of folks like yourself that reserved a FE that will be switching to another model. But as much hype as the new bronco has received, I don't think Ford is going to have a problem moving out all 7000 FE units.
There is one good underlying result of people not following through with their FE reservations. There won't be 7000 made. The more people drop out, the more exclusive the car gets. Unless Ford took more than 7000 reservations and there are still a bunch of us waiting to get whacked out their FE, Ford upping the quantity made again, or they will sell them to dealers after all the reservations are fulfilled. I bet it's option 3.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is one good underlying result of people not following through with their FE reservations. There won't be 7000 made. The more people drop out, the more exclusive the car gets. Unless Ford took more than 7000 reservations and there are still a bunch of us waiting to get whacked out their FE, Ford upping the quantity made again, or they will sell them to dealers after all the reservations are fulfilled. I bet it's option 3.
Agree, pretty sure they'll be sold to dealers. One of the dealers I talked to said they already have a waiting list on the FE's. I'm thinking any unclaimed FE reservation will be going to a dealer that already has a buyer for it. Really hoping Ford will give interior options on the FE. It would be crying shame to see that Blue interior on First Editions.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To each his own @vintage. I guess we just see it differently. It don't matter if it's Jay Leno, Bill Gates or the guy down the street. I'm not taking advantage of someone. Because I've always felt that karma is a bitch and at this point in my life, I don't need the bad joo-joo.

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco reservation on eBay for $15K 1599402286643

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This one is for all the wrestling fans out there. Looks like John Cena might be Morally Bankrupt. Lol
Screenshot_20200906-170616_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford could shut this down if they wanted. Really how many FE reservations were made to Bison Motor Company on 7/13/20? They should delete the reservation and refund his $100 for being shady.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't read the comments past the first couple, but Im not sure why anyone thinks this is crazy.

I personally know someone who traded his reservation to buy a new Ford GT to his friend, a Porsche dealer, for a brand new Porsche 911.

This is just smaller figures. First Editions will be selling at Mecum auctions (and many others) all over the country for at least 10k-15k over what MSRP is for a while after the deliveries start.

So its not crazy for someone to buy that place in line nor is it crazy for the seller to think his reservation to buy something has some $$$ value.

Just a matter of agreeing on the dollar value.

Happens all the time with new, specialty vehicles being produced in very small numbers, Ferraris, Porsches, etc....

If the reservation cant be transferred, winning bidder just pays the full amount of car plus premium to reservation holder, he buys it, then transfers the car to the bidder. Multiple different ways to work that out. Minor details.

People underestimate how many really rich car nuts there are in this country.
One way to handle this is for the bidder and seller to co-register the car at time of purchase. A reservation can’t be transferred, but there is nothing in the rules about a co-ownership at time of purchase as Spouses are expected to be co-registered owners at time of purchase. In addition, the bidder remains the original owner when the seller signs off of the title when received. This needs to be a cash purchase in order to make this work.

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you do it? Of course.

Will somebody value it enough to pay a premium? No doubt.

Are you morally bankrupt if you try to make money off someone just because you sat around in July on a Tuesday night in your BVDs and clicked buttons on the internet for the sole purpose of acquiring reservations for multiple FE vehicles you have zero intention of buying? Most likely.
Your definition of morally bankrupt makes me wonder what you do for a living man? Really hoping for a volunteer teacher at a inner city school during the day and working at a soup kitchen at night.

Sponsored

Keith Holt

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cool, thanks. I had been wondering.
My dealer told me no problem putting my reservation in some else’s name. I reserved a special edition and ended up going another direction

Keith Holt

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This! His dealer is probably very happy to let somebody else come in and buy his FE just to get the profit on it rather than him simply cancelling the reservation and the dealer missing out on the sale. He might even be kicking back some of that to the dealer.

I'm considering doing the same thing on my FE reservation except I'm giving it to a friend rather than selling it. I'm just trying to figure out which dealer I'm going to use to do this, and hopefully they can give me a deal on my base reservation in return for me letting them sell a $65k FE to somebody. I would imagine if you have an extra FE reservation there would be plenty of dealers willing to give you a deal on your other reservation if you let them take the FE into inventory and sell it for $10k over MSRP.

It's capitalism so don't hate the player.
Good point. I’m going to try that

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford could shut this down if they wanted. Really how many FE reservations were made to Bison Motor Company on 7/13/20? They should delete the reservation and refund his $100 for being shady.
I highly doubt Ford is going to doing anything if a Bronco reservation is sold or a 2021 Bronco is flipped. It's not like It's a GT Supercar that they hand select the buyer. I'm pretty sure in the first few months of release we'll see some new Broncos crossing the block at a few high end auctions and see a bunch bought and sold on ebay. This happens all the time on a new releases, limited editions, special editions and vehicles that are hard to get . Like it or not, agree or disagree this is a common practice in the car world. Some folks actually make a living flipping cars. There’s even books out on how to flip cars for profit.
Screenshot_20200908-055008_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Sunchaser99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anybody know how to get their 100 dollar deposit refunded? Decided to wait ~3 years until some of the hype wears out.
Sponsored