Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People keep posting this like it's true, and it's not.

FEs were always going to gobble up the MICs it takes to build them this year. This isn't new info. If Webasto is only going to produce about 10,000 MICs this year then, yes, if you haven't been scheduled yet and aren't a FE, you're out of luck. But the info communicated hasn't changed: Ford is targeting a 60% to 40% build rate on hard tops vs soft tops. If they only produce 40,000 MY21 vehicles, which would be at the low end of estimates, that's still 24,000 MIC tops.
With almost 14k being eaten by FEs, that would leave a combined 10k for 2 door, 4 door and Wildtrack models...we be screwed boys.
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With almost 14k being eaten by FEs, that would leave a combined 10k for 2 door, 4 door and Wildtrack models...we be screwed boys.
14k? There were only 7k FE reservations, and while it hasn't been confirmed, strong rumors that the FE build number will end up being under 5000...

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Official communication from Ford is no scheduling this week. FE are their own beast with a separate allocation process and zone reps involved, so its possible some manual scheduling is happening for them.

Scheduling Notes
  • On Thursday, July 15, Bronco, Bronco Sport, Edge, Escape, Explorer, Mach-E, Mustang, Transit, Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect Van will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 22MY Super Duty XLT Tremor PackageThe Tremor Package (17Y) is no longer available for 22MY on XLT Super Duty and orders will show a compatibility status. The Tremor Pkg (17Y) will still be available on Lariat, King Ranch, and Platinum models for the 22MY.
  • 22MY Super Duty with Adaptive Steering - Until further notice, we will not be scheduling the following 22MY Super Duty configurations:
  • Lariat With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Lariat Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
  • Platinum With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Platinum Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
  • Limited
  • 2022MY Maverick – Please note that a mid-month regional control has been added for the Spray-In Bedliner for the new wholesale. Also, Spray-In Bedliner (96G) will only be eligible to schedule with XLT Luxury Package (54L) or Lariat/First Edition (54P) for startup scheduling.
  • All OTD Vehicle Line Scheduling - Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the OTD Fitness orders.
Balance Out Information
  • 21MY Transit Retail Balance Out - 21MY Retail units will no longer be accepted for Transit. Verified retail orders will be scheduled based on order receipt date until 21MY balance out.
  • 21MY Bronco Job #1 Balance Out - 21MY Job#1 orders will be converted to Job#2 orders this week. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Tuesday, July 13.
  • F150 Diesel Engine Early Balance Out – The final order due date for F150 orders with the 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel engine (991) is Thursday, July 15. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, July 15.
  • 21MY F-150 Early Balance Out Paint – Final orders with Kodiak brown (J1) paint were due on Thursday, July 8 (this is a Dearborn Truck Plant only paint). Spec changes and cancellations were shut off on Thursday, July 8.

It may be that Ford is previewing these to schedule the following week too. I may have jumped the gun, but moving to 01 priority code, gives us confidence these will be the next scheduled. We will know Friday I guess.

awerk66

First Edition
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Shelby Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

14k? There were only 7k FE reservations, and while it hasn't been confirmed, strong rumors that the FE build number will end up being under 5000...
Just curious, why do you say FE builds will end up under 5k? Don't see anyone backing out of them given the priority builds plus dealers will still take these orders and list them for a crazy premium.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
okay, I thought it was 7k 2 doors and 7k 4 doors not 7k combined. That's softens the blow a little.

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No such thing as the first 3500 it was always 7000, also it’s interesting your a day 2 reservation.
Right, how are people still thinking FE reservations were opened back up?.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just curious, why do you say FE builds will end up under 5k? Don't see anyone backing out of them given the priority builds plus dealers will still take these orders and list them for a crazy premium.
Lots of people switched from FE and Ford said if they were canceled before build they weren't getting built. I don't believe the system was even smart enough to take 3500 2 and 4 door builds, my guess is we won't see over 2000 or so 2 door FE when it all done.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure i understand. Did Ford not originally cap the FE orders at 3,500? and technically i reserved it 7/13 @ 10pm ish after launch, but for some reason my res shows up as 7/14 @ 6am
I believe the timestamp is in UTC

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you don’t have a FE ordered or a VIN issued yet and want the MIC top you’re pretty much sh*t out of luck until 2022. At least that’s what this sounds like to me.
Looks like its time for me to pull the plug. I'll probably 99 my day 2 res and pick it up in FY23 or not. I gave myself a October deadline and that isn't going to happen so time to ride on down the trail. In the end its just a car.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

yup, was about to post this. The Webasto load will be blown on FEs this year. The rest of us are shit out of luck. The good news is maybe they will learn how to make tops before the rest of us get ours so they don't look like garbage like some of the other MIC deliveries have.
You need to read more and Post less. Your Post is mostly wrong. :unsure:

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It may not be 5k but its less then 7k, there are some even on here that changed from FE reservations to other models during conversion, those would get lost in the total and not be built.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What exactly are the implications of that statement?
Probably Job #2 includes the switch for soft top prep kit.

I know Job #2 for F150 MY21 included adding Tremor and Raptor. I would equate it to a mid-model year update.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if you don’t have a FE ordered or a VIN issued yet and want the MIC top you’re pretty much sh*t out of luck until 2022. At least that’s what this sounds like to me.
Well fudge....

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aren't there only 7000 FE's??
Everyone else is shit outta luck until MY22? I hardly think so...
Webasto cranking out 500 tops a day, around the clock, 7 days a week... Do the math.
Ford can theoretically have all FE's built in a couple of weeks of good running, taking into consideration that a wack of them have already been built and there are no hiccups.
Did I say no hiccups??
🤣🤣

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

August 23 production date...received the email from Ford on July 1.
FE 4 door MIC top order placed on July 14 2020.
Sponsored