Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just wow. @Ford may have lost my FE preorder and maybe my business. Seeing a disturbing trend of #jv product decisions they’ve made like limited and imo unattractive FE exterior color options, 110# roof rack (shouldn’t have to buy aftermarket they should KNOW their market), 3500lbs tow (same as previous), 4 door floor AC vents, skimping on hp, etc...

Leveraging an Iconic brand only get you so far if you screw up your product strategy and execution falls flat.

Number of preorders means jack if they don’t convert to an order!

edited... typo
How did ford lose your reservation. As long as you received a reservation number for a FE you should be fine

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Feel like I'm the only one who really likes the navy pier A51 combo
If I was getting Area 51 , I'd be fine with Navy Pier. But think it's probably the only FE color it works well with. I actually thought about getting Area 51 if Navy is only choice. But really have my heart set on Cactus Gray.

Last edited:

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
lol you’re reading that literally. Meaning if Navy is only optio, I either buy a less expensive model or cancel altogether and don’t convert to an order.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes amen to this. Hope Ford is still listening and considering this. As said before this could separate them from the rest of the industry. If they are serious about taking feedback there is more than enough time to make this change before manufacturing begins.
What I really like about this point is "this could separate them from the rest of the industry." My hope is that Ford doesn't half-ass these aspects of its first model year in order to make deadlines, improve its bottom line, expedite production, etc.

Obviously interiors aren't the end-all for most off-road vehicle buyers, and I doubt Ford wants to be known especially for its interior color schemes. That said, it IS trying to take an iconic vehicle from its past and firmly establish itself in an area of the US vehicle market that allows for high-end SUVs filled with tech to be mashed up with off-road beasts. They have to hope all those Broncs will make heads turn, eyes light up and persuade even more buyers that they need this vehicle in a time when there seems to be no stopping the US appetite for SUVs.

Launching hundreds of thousands of these vehicles onto US roads in the first model year or two will increase Ford's visibility dramatically. Color and style are a big part of the eye-catching potential. People are going to see our new Broncos in parking lots everywhere and want to look them over. Ford must understand this, and that surface details will hook the fish first before they ever look under the hood or frame.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

lol you’re reading that literally. Meaning if Navy is only optio, I either buy a less expensive model or cancel altogether and don’t convert to an order.
My bad. Thanks for clarity.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d pay at least an extra 5k to get the “one off” interior that was on the cyber orange
I could not agree more with this, and I missed out on the FEs.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I'd legitimately pay $5k to be able to have Shadow Black or Carbonized Gray exterior and black or black/gray interior on my FE. Hell, maybe 10. I dunno.
One the one hand, I feel like a black/gray/monochrome interior shouldn't require a $10K extra expense. Pretty standard fare for vehicles these days, you would think.

However, after owning/driving SUVs my entire life, I feel like at this point I want my vehicle to represent and reflect me better than when I was buying the cheapest thing I could possibly afford in the mid '80s. So a large extra expense to get a piece of the vehicle I will use every single time I drive it seems worth it, IMO, so long as it is functional, practical and emblematic.

Carbonized gray with the saddle leather accents in the orange prototype makes me happy in the same way my hometown pizza and wings do ?

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was getting Area 51 , I'd be fine with Navy Pier. But think it's probably the only FE color it works well with. I actually thought about getting Area 51 if Navy is only choice. But really have my heart set on Cactus Gray.
Agreed. I wouldn't ever pick it as my personal favorite, but of the minimal choices Ford is offering for the FE, I think it's the only exterior/interior combo that matches.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feel like I'm the only one who really likes the navy pier A51 combo
Obviously it's a polarizing color choice. But IMO, you need to pick what you like. Your money, your vehicle, your choice. One of the coolest things about buying a car is tricking it up to make it reflect you as a person. Hit it out the park.

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wow. @Ford may have lost my FE preorder and maybe my business. Seeing a disturbing trend of #jv product decisions they’ve made like limited and imo unattractive FE exterior color options, 110# roof rack (shouldn’t have to buy aftermarket they should KNOW their market), 3500lbs tow (same as previous), 4 door floor AC vents, skimping on hp, etc...

Leveraging an Iconic brand only get you so far if you screw up your product strategy and execution falls flat.

Number of preorders means jack if they don’t convert to an order!

edited... typo
I believe some First Edition orders will convert to Badlands or Wildtrak orders due to this unpleasant Navy Pier option. But people who want a First Edition are willing to pay a premium for options you CAN add to a Badlands (for hopefully less).

So a lot of unhappy FE reservation holders will convert to Badlands/Wildtrak but will do so reluctantly and quite frankly shouldn't have to. I would like to think Ford will surprise everyone with an alternate selection but who knows.

I'm not sure the Bronco FE will be worth more in the future if that's what your buying it for but again, who knows right. 50 years from now, I still won't want a Navy Pier interior, regardless of it being First Edition lol, sorry guys I'm not laughing at you, it's just so surprising that such a polarizing colour scheme is the only option.

Take my GT350R for example. I had zero options. Except to add air conditioning lol.

With that said, it's a charcoal, almost black interior which everyone here would be fine with!

R

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I really like about this point is "this could separate them from the rest of the industry." My hope is that Ford doesn't half-ass these aspects of its first model year in order to make deadlines, improve its bottom line, expedite production, etc.

Obviously interiors aren't the end-all for most off-road vehicle buyers, and I doubt Ford wants to be known especially for its interior color schemes. That said, it IS trying to take an iconic vehicle from its past and firmly establish itself in an area of the US vehicle market that allows for high-end SUVs filled with tech to be mashed up with off-road beasts. They have to hope all those Broncs will make heads turn, eyes light up and persuade even more buyers that they need this vehicle in a time when there seems to be no stopping the US appetite for SUVs.

Launching hundreds of thousands of these vehicles onto US roads in the first model year or two will increase Ford's visibility dramatically. Color and style are a big part of the eye-catching potential. People are going to see our new Broncos in parking lots everywhere and want to look them over. Ford must understand this, and that surface details will hook the fish first before they ever look under the hood or frame.
Other than the ridiculous amount of time it's taken for Ford to finally re-introduce the EB style Bronco (going on 43 years), I'm thrilled with what they have offered, and look forward to a base 2 door stick shift model, on which I'll install some 33" tires. Bam - that will be a fun and iconic vehicle. Especially if I can keep it around 30k mark.

Glad I don't care much about about HVAC vent locations/cooled seats/navy pier thing or tech items. That stuff seems to be making some people unhappy. What will the general public care about? I don't know for sure. I suspect they will see people driving around top down and some doors off, and think 'hey that looks like fun, where do I get one.'

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Black center with King Range sides and headrest would be sweet. Hate the navy pier look. Probably ditch the First Edition for something else.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Now that the build and price tool is delayed until... I have no idea when, does anyone else see much point in griping about this stuff anymore? Or should we keep our torches lit and pitchforks in hand to stay top of mind for our wants/desires/demands?

Here's my list, in order of importance to me, as a First Edition Reservation Holder
  1. Have more exterior paint options, including a true neutral (Carbonized Gray, Shadow Black)
  2. Have more interior options (gray/black, all black)
  3. Solution to the 4" incline in the back (I want a 2 door with the pullout tray. My back seats will be down full-time, so a level bed would be killer.)
All that said and made very clear... I don't see a lot of point to stay active in this forum until our build options are live. Or am I just being pessimistic? Genuine question.

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
100% with you on carbonized gray, black roof and saddle interior. @Ford can say goodbye to the incremental FE revenue. If I do end up buying a bronco, looks like it’ll be a badlands, though the more I find out the less likely it looks.

Generally in my experience, premium priced limited editions come in attractive exterior and interior colors. Apparently @Ford thinks otherwise.
Sponsored