Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You guys are getting wrong what a first edition is. I know others have tried to explain it without success. Go look up Mercedes edition 1. They’re ALWAYS grey. All of them. And depending on which model, they typically have black interior with bright ass yellow accents that match the bright ass yellow accents on the exterior. Every one of them is the same. Does everyone want bright yellow accents on their $100k car. No! But it sets it apart!!!!! The Higher price is due to 1) all options piled in and 2) first year pkg in limited numbers.
So quit your bitchin lol. Quit trying to make the FE fit what u want it to be rather than seeing it for what it is.

Holy sh!t where’s the Tylenol ?
Dude. It's you that doesn't get it. The Bronco is advertised fully as the Burger King's "Have It Your Way" vehicle. With all the aftermarket parts, the options, etc, to bring Mercedes into the conversation isn't relevant.

That said, the FE is the tippy-top option, so you'd think you'd have at least equal customization opportunity as the lesser options.
Sponsored

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree. But I think that’s where my previous post on the logistics behind the First Edition may be the reason behind only 1 choice. The likely purpose of the First Edition is to start knocking these builds out first while most others are still ordering and Ford can work on acquiring additional parts.

The trim is purposely fully loaded so that there aren’t many options or packages to choose from which keeps the number of configurations low. That way they can start rolling these out at the beginning while the orders following will have likely hundreds of different configurations that will need to be prioritized on a plethora of different variables.
Then why create any option for colors inside or outside?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

[/QUOTE]
I would gladly take the FE Navy Blue without the FE. if I could just get the FE vehicle, without it being special, I would. I want all the options. I feel like to build it the way I want will end up costing more for an upgraded Wildtrak or Badlands, than an FE would have cost.

Full discolure, I only reserved one, it is a Wildtrak, I should have reserved two and put in for a Badlands edition. I certainly don't want to reserve it now for 2022. I am hoping I don't have difficulty switching to a Badlands.
FYI , Ford has disclosed that you can change your reserved trim level without canceling your order. It will be no problem for you to go to a Badlands from a Wildtrak

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am not buying a Mercedes. I am buying a Bronco. Just because every other car company does X, does not mean that Ford can't break the paradigm. There is no misunderstanding of what a first edition is. There is a misunderstanding in what was originally shown and what Ford later said, both in color in quantity. This is a new Ford line, so if they want a "Special Edition" color that will carry through their line, pick something that is NOT a retread from the F-Series Truck line. A couple of interior choices will not impact its uniqueness, just like a couple of exterior colors does not. This can also be augmented by first edition embossing. It really is that simple. And Ford said they want to hear from us, so they are.

I recommend a beer chaser with that Tylenol. There is a year to go! LOL :D
Goddamn, I love your posts. Haha

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then why create any option for colors inside or outside?
The exterior and interior colors I believe are the same, based on the exterior color you choose. They likely limited the number of exterior colors for the same reason I mentioned, to reduce the number of configurations.

Sponsored

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The exterior and interior colors I believe are the same, based on the exterior color you choose. They likely limited the number of exterior colors for the same reason I mentioned, to reduce the number of configurations.
What do you mean by you think they are the same? They do not all match with the singular blue and black interior color that Ford has chosen. My point is if you are not able to pick all colors then why should we be able to choose any? You should not limit one feature and not the others.

ArcticRaptor

First Edition
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 and 2020 Raptors and 2008 Adrenaline
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
[begin rant]

I'm having a dilemma on following through on my FE order. I was hoping for more exterior color choices, and definitely having a choice of a color that wouldn't be available with any other model. The family agreed on the Rapid Red for our 4 door, but was really hoping for a race red or a nice green like the Dark Highland Green on the mustangs. The Area 51 is tempting if it has more of a teal/green tint to it.
When I received the e-mail on doubling the amount of FE's, that took some more wind out of my sails, but I managed to survive that disappointment as well.
The navy pier blue interior isn't really doing it for me either. I know a couple of people mentioned the navy blue goes well with the rapid red, and I mostly agree, but it still has a slight cringeworthy factor in my eyes. These options (or lack thereof) is really taking the excitement and enjoyment out of this "limited" opportunity.
I'll need to have a vehicle for us to use by July, so I'd be worried about switching models and having to wait longer. I'm sure in the end, I will suck it up, put the order in for my FE and flaunt it like I designed it myself, but deep down I just won't end up with that vehicle pride that I really feel like I should have. If I can't grow to like it, I'll keep my fingers crossed that Ford knew what they were doing and the FE's will be marketable.

I'm ready for some good news to help bring some of my excitement back.

[/end rant]

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you mean by you think they are the same? They do not all match with the singular blue and black interior color that Ford has chosen. My point is if you are not able to pick all colors then why should we be able to choose any? You should not limit one feature and not the others.
Sorry miscommunication, thought you were talking about the accent color on the inside which is tied to the exterior color chosen. They likely wanted to give more options for the exterior as I’m guessing their marketing team determined more people would want exterior color options than interior. Probably has been hectic for Ford to determine what to give First Edition owners while still trying to keep building logistics in mind.

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

[begin rant]

I'm having a dilemma on following through on my FE order. I was hoping for more exterior color choices, and definitely having a choice of a color that wouldn't be available with any other model. The family agreed on the Rapid Red for our 4 door, but was really hoping for a race red or a nice green like the Dark Highland Green on the mustangs. The Area 51 is tempting if it has more of a teal/green tint to it.
When I received the e-mail on doubling the amount of FE's, that took some more wind out of my sails, but I managed to survive that disappointment as well.
The navy pier blue interior isn't really doing it for me either. I know a couple of people mentioned the navy blue goes well with the rapid red, and I mostly agree, but it still has a slight cringeworthy factor in my eyes. These options (or lack thereof) is really taking the excitement and enjoyment out of this "limited" opportunity.
I'll need to have a vehicle for us to use by July, so I'd be worried about switching models and having to wait longer. I'm sure in the end, I will suck it up, put the order in for my FE and flaunt it like I designed it myself, but deep down I just won't end up with that vehicle pride that I really feel like I should have. If I can't grow to like it, I'll keep my fingers crossed that Ford knew what they were doing and the FE's will be marketable.

[/end rant]
Well said sir. We can hear and feel your true disappointment. Hopefully Ford is still listening.

Deleted member 2346

I am not buying a Mercedes. I am buying a Bronco. Just because every other car company does X, does not mean that Ford can't break the paradigm. There is no misunderstanding of what a first edition is. There is a misunderstanding in what was originally shown and what Ford later said, both in color in quantity. This is a new Ford line, so if they want a "Special Edition" color that will carry through their line, pick something that is NOT a retread from the F-Series Truck line. A couple of interior choices will not impact its uniqueness, just like a couple of exterior colors does not. This can also be augmented by first edition embossing. It really is that simple. And Ford said they want to hear from us, so they are.

I recommend a beer chaser with that Tylenol. There is a year to go! LOL :D
I hear ya on not liking that Ford showed one thing and now it’s not a thing. I get that for sure. But in that case, just switch to another model.

Regardless of Ford or Mercedes, First Editions are packages that contain specific color combinations that uniquely identifies a limited production vehicle. Otherwise it’s not very limited if it’s just a combination of general options. You’re lucky that Ford is offering exterior color options. Actually, below I think there’s a case for saying they should have limited the exterior colors even more on the FE. Ford could have just as easily say pick a color on the outside that goes with the interior. See below...

Regardless, the FE is not the model for you now. Just like a Mercedes with bright yellow stripes was not for me. At least on the bronco (I believe) you can get every other FE option (other than the blue interior) on almost any other model. With the Mercedes, you could only get yellow stitched seats in the first edition so you were shit out of luck if yellow stitched seats were what you truly wanted. My point, you have to decide if you truly want a first edition or you want color choices. Because other than that Ford is giving you all the same options in the other models.

I think Ford should have limited the exterior colors on the FE to colors that go better with the blue interior. With that said I think the blue interior will look bad ass with a lot of colors. I didn’t order a first edition so I don’t know which exterior colors are going to be available but that blue interior will look great with white, black, charcoal gray, cactus gray, silver, any of the blue colors. Just not the yellows or reds.

Sponsored

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry miscommunication, thought you were talking about the accent color on the inside which is tied to the exterior color chosen. They likely wanted to give more options for the exterior as I’m guessing their marketing team determined more people would want exterior color options than interior. Probably has been hectic for Ford to determine what to give First Edition owners while still trying to keep building logistics in mind.
No worries. You are certainly right though. This has to be difficult for them. But Ford asked for our thoughts as well. Going to continue to share my feedback and fight the Blue Death LOL.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

[begin rant]

[/end rant]
I feel you. Well said. I also feel your pain for all the same reasons.

Deleted member 2346

I hear ya on not liking that Ford showed one thing and now it’s not a thing. I get that for sure. But in that case, just switch to another model.

Regardless of Ford or Mercedes, First Editions are packages that contain specific color combinations that uniquely identifies a limited production vehicle. Otherwise it’s not very limited if it’s just a combination of general options. You’re lucky that Ford is offering exterior color options. Actually, below I think there’s a case for saying they should have limited the exterior colors even more on the FE. Ford could have just as easily say pick a color on the outside that goes with the interior. See below...

Regardless, the FE is not the model for you now. Just like a Mercedes with bright yellow stripes was not for me. At least on the bronco (I believe) you can get every other FE option (other than the blue interior) on almost any other model. With the Mercedes, you could only get yellow stitched seats in the first edition so you were shit out of luck if yellow stitched seats were what you truly wanted. My point, you have to decide if you truly want a first edition or you want color choices. Because other than that Ford is giving you all the same options in the other models.

I think Ford should have limited the exterior colors on the FE to colors that go better with the blue interior. With that said I think the blue interior will look bad ass with a lot of colors. I didn’t order a first edition so I don’t know which exterior colors are going to be available but that blue interior will look great with white, black, charcoal gray, cactus gray, silver, any of the blue colors. Just not the yellows or reds.
I will add one note from my own experience with numbered edition vehicles. Sometimes Ford throws together some random ass colors to cause some low production number combos. Case in point is the 2013 Shelby in grabber blue with red stripes. Or Red with blue stripes.
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Will Have Navy Pier Interior Option Only 3A8FE804-70F0-496B-AC31-FE2054FBE022
In my opinion one of the ugliest color combinations ever but that also caused it to be a very very low production count. Making it worth more someday if that is the owners goal. I don’t see many First editions being built in orange or red with blue interior but it will happen.

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Will Have Navy Pier Interior Option Only 8C4773F0-9795-4674-AE07-9673B2463453

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Trust me, I know my options. With all due respect, you don't know if an FE is for me or not. I will make that decision after Ford releases all of the decisions. This is still a moving target. It may turn out it is not for you. Who knows. AGAIN, Ford has asked for our feedback. If you like Blue, grand. Then you are all set and I am sure they appreciate you like it. I would like something else (offered as a choice so you can have blue if you want), so I am telling them BECAUSE THEY ASKED, because I have RESERVED a FE, and because I am the CONSUMER. So, no disrespect to you, I am going to continue to try and influence their decision into something else. Happy Trails. :)
Sponsored