First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bet that Ford can do what every they want to.... and change any vin or and chassis number they want to.... just thinking ahead and anything is possible.... they could build the chassis and roll them out to dirt city....
True, but I believe that they would be breaking a federal regulation or two from the EPA.
Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We're all just speculating, but almost certainly unbuilt FE's first. They are obligated to deliver them as MY21's, and everything is in motion to make the changeover later this year. It's not as simple as putting an "M" in the VIN year digit rather than an "N". There's all kinds of emissions and other regulatory hoopla that goes with it. And it will be cheapest to build them correctly the first time rather than re-work them.

If there is anything Ford has shown, it's that they are cheap AF. They could sell all the DM / Bad Batch Bronco's, but then they would have to pay to ship the new top out to the dealers. Rent + the cost of capital on that unsold inventory must be less than shipping.

After FE's, probably Dirt Mountain so they can stop renting the lot and financing the unsold inventory.

Then any '21's left to be built this year, and finally units in the field.

@Zach@Granger can you help clarify the order that MIC tops will be addressed?
Is it:
1. Delivered Bronco MIC replacements
2. FEs built and unbuilt
3. Other builds waiting at dirt mountain
4 Remaining assigned VINs with past due build dates, but not in production

Is this the order and will any of these happen at the same time?

There's no way that's a direct quote from Ford Cust. Service.
Saying 'dirt' and 'mountain' in the same sentence is probably a fireable offense.

"Vehicles awaiting additional quality checks" is probably as close to the truth as they are allowed to get.

I called the ford customer service line and confirmed this yesterday with both the initial customer service agent and his supervisor ... “the plan is to replace them in order of build date, meaning the bronco that has been on dirt mountain longest will receive a 2.0 MIC top first and once all the built units are replaced they’ll start building MIC 2.0 units (pretty well all FE) on the assembly line”

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interesting that more are being scheduled. My FE was scheduled right before the whole clusterF, and I never have gotten an update of any sort. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Wonder what's happening with our previously scheduled rigs.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting that more are being scheduled. My FE was scheduled right before the whole clusterF, and I never have gotten an update of any sort. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Wonder what's happening with our previously scheduled rigs.
what is your build week?

Sponsored

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Man, how rare will my FE be if it rides on a 22 chassis and a the new revised hard top and delivered by December?! Holy Toledo!! I'll take offers starting at $150K........

Ford Bronco First Edition Broncos w/ MIC hard tops start to schedule again with mid-October production estimate 1629805907719

Who've shift is it anyway?!

Last edited:

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
what is your build week?
It was 8/9, the same week the mic news dropped. No indicators it was built though, which assuming it's not I'm thankful as I don't want a dirt mountain reject

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It was 8/9, the same week the mic news dropped. No indicators it was built though, which assuming it's not I'm thankful as I don't want a dirt mountain reject
Interesting. I was originally scheduled 8/16 then moved to 8/9. Then on August 8th rescheduled to September 13th build week.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We're all just speculating, but almost certainly unbuilt FE's first. They are obligated to deliver them as MY21's, and everything is in motion to make the changeover later this year. It's not as simple as putting an "M" in the VIN year digit rather than an "N". There's all kinds of emissions and other regulatory hoopla that goes with it. And it will be cheapest to build them correctly the first time rather than re-work them.

If there is anything Ford has shown, it's that they are cheap AF. They could sell all the DM / Bad Batch Bronco's, but then they would have to pay to ship the new top out to the dealers. Rent + the cost of capital on that unsold inventory must be less than shipping.

After FE's, probably Dirt Mountain so they can stop renting the lot and financing the unsold inventory.

Saying 'dirt' and 'mountain' in the same sentence is probably a fireable offense.

"Vehicles awaiting additional quality checks" is probably as close to the truth as they are allowed to get.
Ford Bronco First Edition Broncos w/ MIC hard tops start to schedule again with mid-October production estimate B8CDE1D0-6394-456A-9875-E7311407D545

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So what about the FEs currently sitting in the lot?

The more I think about it, the more I think this is a function of their trying to prioritize parts for the FEs: the computer is picking them first regardless of top status so that other part constraints don't become an issue when the top becomes ready. Effectively reserving enough parts for the FEs so they don't go to other cars. If the tops aren't ready, then they push the production date.

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what about the FEs currently sitting in the lot?
Toss up between prioritizing them or going in production order. They are already built as '21s, and they need reworked regardless.

My gut tells me whatever is parked closest to the exit gate at Dirt Mountain Penitentiary

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overnight we had 23 First editions that were put on pause right before the hard top news get scheduled.

Current production schedule shows Mid-October for a production date.

We also had the transport fairy drop off a couple gifts overnight.

Questions & Answers:

They are all scheduled this morning.

I'm not sure on the exact number of soft top orders in the system. We have remaining unscheduled allocation of less than 100 Broncos and all of those can be filled with soft tops orders that are in our system. We probably have around 30-40 already scheduled with VINs.

We have 45 total FEs. 1 is delivered. 33 are produced or got pulled this morning for scheduling and we have 11 left to schedule.

Correct.

Just FEs this morning

Ford Bronco First Edition Broncos w/ MIC hard tops start to schedule again with mid-October production estimate B8CDE1D0-6394-456A-9875-E7311407D545
We had 4 FE schedule this morning for 10/4 build week. All 4 doors. Only ones remainingare 2 doors for ours.

Deleted member 9490

I'm in the same boat. Current status is "In Production" 08/11/2021 but no update or check on that box in the vehicle tracker.
Sponsored