cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's not what he said.
So you are telling me that if Ford can't build all the FE in 2021..... lets say they miss the mark by 500.... in Dec. they won't build the last 2021 FE in Jan. and still call them 2021....or tell the 500 FE people ..... sorry.... it 2022 and we won't build them..... like I said all FE will be 2021 models no matter when they are completed..... I remember when FE thought they were going to be first built....
Sponsored

AZbronco1

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct... said all FE will be 2021.... they can build them when they want and call them 2021 models.... not rocket science...
Ford said they will switch the production line 3rd week in December. No 2021 models will be build after that date. All FEs will be built in 2021.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Overnight we had 23 First editions that were put on pause right before the hard top news get scheduled.

Current production schedule shows Mid-October for a production date.

We also had the transport fairy drop off a couple gifts overnight.
@Zach@Granger, I recognize that you probably don't know, but what do you think the production status of these cars and the other FEs that were supposedly scheduled for the last 2 weeks of September mean for production of the tops? Are they ahead of schedule, or are they just building these in advance so they can ship them out with new tops when they're ready?

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford said they will switch the production line 3rd week in December. No 2021 models will be build after that date. All FEs will be built in 2021.
And of course Ford always do what they say the will do.... guess we will see.....

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Zach@Granger, I recognize that you probably don't know, but what do you think the production status of these cars and the other FEs that were supposedly scheduled for the last 2 weeks of September mean for production of the tops? Are they ahead of schedule, or are they just building these in advance so they can ship them out with new tops when they're ready?
Good question but its the last 3 weeks of September.

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like some are earlier than mid-October.
Pulled from the Bronco 6th Gen FB group.
Ford Bronco First Edition Broncos w/ MIC hard tops start to schedule again with mid-October production estimate FE Sched

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you are telling me that if Ford can't build all the FE in 2021..... lets say they miss the mark by 500.... in Dec. they won't build the last 2021 FE in Jan. and still call them 2021....or tell the 500 FE people ..... sorry.... it 2022 and we won't build them..... like I said all FE will be 2021 models no matter when they are completed..... I remember when FE thought they were going to be first built....
A lot of people are very mistaken that First Edition means they will go down the assembly line first. All it ever meant is that they will be built the first year.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Zach@Granger

Zach, thanks for sharing. Question for you, since you may be closer to this than most. For the non-FE MIC guys with a future assigned VIN - what happens if our build slips past the early December cut-off for 21MY production? Could Ford still build these with a VIN associated with 2021? Or would we be opening ourselves up to a re-assigned 2022 VIN, subject to 2022 exterior colors, etc.

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

3-4 weeks after production. So these will probably show up mid-November.
@Zach@Granger - was it your understanding that the dirt mountain hard tops would get replaced (in the order they were built) before new MIC tops (even FE's) would be scheduled? That was my recollection. If that is still true - then can we infer that our dirt mountain Broncos might bet released from prison before these FE's get produced?

Sponsored

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very happy for all of you FE place holders. Paying that kinda coin and still not getting it must be brutal.

That being said, I’ve got an October reservation date with a March order date on an OBX, 4A, 2.7, lux, tow, soft top. Anyone have any realistic idea when I can expect this? I’m thinking spring 2022.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When you say scheduled, do you mean scheduled for delivery or scheduled for production?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger - was it your understanding that the dirt mountain hard tops would get replaced (in the order they were built) before new MIC tops (even FE's) would be scheduled? That was my recollection. If that is still true - then can we infer that our dirt mountain Broncos might bet released from prison before these FE's get produced?
The only statement I recall reading that prioritized FE's was premierdrums.
I need to reread Ford's statement.
Good question, I can't help but think they will roll FE's down the line WHILE they are swapping tops on the DMG.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is what I'm curious about as well. They specifically said on the livestream that they would need to move out all the currently built vehicles before they could iterate new models, so I took that to mean they would be pushing out the dirt mountain group before this. However, all other indications were that this wouldn't really start happening until October. As a result, I think what is most likely happening here is that they're planning to produce these FEs in advance and store them until the tops are ready.

MustangSally

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition