Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Zach@Granger - was it your understanding that the dirt mountain hard tops would get replaced (in the order they were built) before new MIC tops (even FE's) would be scheduled? That was my recollection. If that is still true - then can we infer that our dirt mountain Broncos might bet released from prison before these FE's get produced?
Looks like Ford will be building new Broncos with Mic tops and replacing Bronco Mic tops at the same time.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well at least there is signs of some movement or potential movement.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

was it your understanding that the dirt mountain hard tops would get replaced (in the order they were built) before new MIC tops (even FE's) would be scheduled? That was my recollection.
Ford: "We need to replace all existing molded in color hardtop roofs before we make any new hardtop Broncos."

I wouldn't assume that FEs being scheduled in October means good news in MIC land, though. As people with build dates have seen, the schedule isn't exactly sacrosanct -- it's more of an aspirational document. Ford has to start scheduling FEs for October to have any shot at cranking them all out in MY21.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford: "We need to replace all existing molded in color hardtop roofs before we make any new hardtop Broncos."

I wouldn't assume that FEs being scheduled in October means good news in MIC land, though. As people with build dates have seen, the schedule isn't exactly sacrosanct -- it's more of an aspirational document. Ford has to start scheduling FEs for October to have any shot at cranking them all out in MY21.
As much as Ford does shit ass backwards. Do they throw old defective MIC tops on the new production FEs send them out to the mountain where they’re paying to rent the lot. Then pay UAW members time plus a half or even double time to replace those tops. Or do you install the new tops while it’s running down the line and ship them to dealers avoiding extra costs. Who knows what they’re gonna do. I know which one makes more sense.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So is October scheduling meant to be with the new retooled tops?
yes
What I’m wondering is what the top situation for these will be. Are they anticipating being done with the backlog by then and being able to put new MICs on them, or will they temporarily but bad MIC or soft tops on them?

Mine was built on 8/11, the day before the announcement. I’m hoping to get it by the end of October.
They will not produce these with a bad top just to take it off again and put a new one on.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Zach@Granger - was it your understanding that the dirt mountain hard tops would get replaced (in the order they were built) before new MIC tops (even FE's) would be scheduled? That was my recollection. If that is still true - then can we infer that our dirt mountain Broncos might bet released from prison before these FE's get produced?
I called the ford customer service line and confirmed this yesterday with both the initial customer service agent and his supervisor who sounded to be reading off a communication email they had. However keep in mind they (customer service) have given out incorrect information in the past but here’s what I was told:

MIC top replacement is as follows; vehicles in production first then replacing tops that have already been delivered to customers

Then when I asked about the order of replacement tops within the “in production” group I was told:

the plan is to replace them in order of build date, meaning the bronco that has been on dirt mountain longest will receive a 2.0 MIC top first and once all the built units are replaced they’ll start building MIC 2.0 units (pretty well all FE) on the assembly line

Finally confirming:

lastly once the MIC 2.0 is operating at full speed on the assembly line any additional tops from supplier will be routed to dealerships for the warranty replacement program

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger, I recognize that you probably don't know, but what do you think the production status of these cars and the other FEs that were supposedly scheduled for the last 2 weeks of September mean for production of the tops? Are they ahead of schedule, or are they just building these in advance so they can ship them out with new tops when they're ready?
They will have correct tops on them when they are produced.
@Zach@Granger

Zach, thanks for sharing. Question for you, since you may be closer to this than most. For the non-FE MIC guys with a future assigned VIN - what happens if our build slips past the early December cut-off for 21MY production? Could Ford still build these with a VIN associated with 2021? Or would we be opening ourselves up to a re-assigned 2022 VIN, subject to 2022 exterior colors, etc.
If you have a VIN your vehicle will be produced. The model year of the vehicle is tied into the VIN, so it will not change model years. It may be delayed in getting to you, but it will get to you.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They will not produce these with a bad top just to take it off again and put a new one on.
So are you thinking they’ll be done with dirt mountain by the time more FEs get built late September?

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They will have correct tops on them when they are produced.

If you have a VIN your vehicle will be produced. The model year of the vehicle is tied into the VIN, so it will not change model years. It may be delayed in getting to you, but it will get to you.
That sounds like good news!

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as Ford does shit ass backwards. Do they throw old defective MIC tops on the new production FEs send them out to the mountain where they’re paying to rent the lot. Then pay UAW members time plus a half or even double time to replace those tops. Or do you install the new tops while it’s running down the line and ship them to dealers avoiding extra costs. Who knows what they’re gonna do. I know which one makes more sense.
Ford views the existing leaky snakeskin MIC tops out there in the world as a major cost to their brand reputation. The same for the dirt mountain Broncos, with thousands of pissed off customers having their already-built Broncos lot-rotting outside through the Michigan autumn.

They won't put bad tops on the FEs but from Ford's perspective the FE situation, dirt mountain situation, and already-shipped MIC situation are all raging fires that need to be addressed ASAP, and really tackling them in any order could be financially justified.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So are you thinking they’ll be done with dirt mountain by the time more FEs get built late September?
Not to continually be a debbie downer, but it seems much more likely they'll be dual tracking this (which is frustrating because that's not what was previously indicated).

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not to continually be a debbie downer, but it seems much more likely they'll be dual tracking this (which is frustrating because that's not what was previously indicated).
No, it’s not, which is why I asked. 😉

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Serious question: Do we have evidence that a single retooled MIC top will be produced before October?
Sponsored