First Edition Cancellations?

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Am I foolish for hoping there will be enough (say 1%) First Edition cancellations that maybe some of us who were unable to get one due to the website issues can still get one? :)

Maybe Ford won't really care, and simply will just "cancel" those production slots since it doesn't really cost them much to not make 35 of the FEs given the overwhelming demand for the Bronco in total, so far.

Thoughts?

(Obviously too early to have this happen, but I suspect we might have some cancellations in the next 3-4 months -- it's normal.)
Sponsored

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't be surprised if Ford reopens First Edition reservations in a couple months once they have a count of all the ones that were cancelled. I'm guessing 10-15% of First Edition reservations will be cancelled after people realize either A) they can't actually afford one and/or B) they decided to go with a different trim.

Any First Editions that will then still not be ordered will probably be built after all the reserved orders are done, and then sold to dealers where they'll be sold at large mark-ups.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am gonna guess that not all 3500 were allocated to reservations. I was talking to a dealer that has two allocations. They are not reservations according to the rep, but allocations.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I foolish for hoping there will be enough (say 1%) First Edition cancellations that maybe some of us who were unable to get one due to the website issues can still get one? :)

Maybe Ford won't really care, and simply will just "cancel" those production slots since it doesn't really cost them much to not make 35 of the FEs given the overwhelming demand for the Bronco in total, so far.

Thoughts?

(Obviously too early to have this happen, but I suspect we might have some cancellations in the next 3-4 months -- it's normal.)
I think there will be LOTS of cancellations. The question will be, will Ford make the effort to tell customers or just send them to dealerships.

I wonder if it would be possible to find someone who wanted one and pay them the 100 and take over their reservation. Going into the Ford website - can you change the personal info?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've been thinking of offering up my FE rez but 1. Idk how that would even work and 2. I don't want a million randos sliding in to my DMs

Sponsored

Duck

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford won’t cancel. I’m sure they are among, if not, the most profitable model. Also, 1 of 3500 or production # badge/plaque will be likely imo.

Soup8508

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I have a reservation for the First Edition. Do you think they stopped at 3500? Or do you think they did over 3500 and there is a chance that some people that reserved a FE will not get one?

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think you’ll see 1/3 cancelled. That’s almost a 70k vehicle after taxes.

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don’t think you can sell/transfer your reservation since it’s tied to your credit card.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd bet at least $1 on Ford expecting cancellations and therefore they "sold" some percentage over the 3500 mark to cover those. Kind of like how the airlines almost always over sells flights (before the Rona plague). Also in the reservation FAQ and in the terms and conditions it basically said you are reserving an approximate place in line not necessarily a specific model/trim.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you’ll see 1/3 cancelled. That’s almost a 70k vehicle after taxes.
Yeah, I hear you.

I mean, the hurdle to reserve was so low ($100, fully refundable) that it didn't serve to filter non-serious folks out.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve called around to put my father on the wait list. one

Told them whoever finds him an FE will get a double deal, I’ll transfer my FE reservation to them and he buys from them.

OP
OP

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve called around to put my father on the wait list. one

Told them whoever finds him an FE will get a double deal, I’ll transfer my FE reservation to them and he buys from them.
Yeah that's what I said too. If there's an FE list, get me on it, I want it, and I'll still consume my other reservation so they'll get a two-fer.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Might be a lot more cancels with this navy interior HYPE.
Sponsored