Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I asked the dealer I'm working with (names kept private to protect the innocent/guilty) about the issue of the towing capacity listed for the 4 door first edition. I was told that it will not come with a towing hitch or trailer harness. Not even an option. Yikes! They reached out to Ford corporate to confirm. I have seen the email myself and can confirm thr email came from a Ford employee.

I asked if one could be added later and was told that a factory one "may" be introduced later but was only guessing. (Sales guy speak for buy it anyway man just do it...)

It has to deal with the fact that the vehicle is heavy for its platform and its not built with towing in mind. Off-road first mentality... There are a bunch of things that go into this but the suspension and brakes are the biggest thing.

It still seems strange that they don't just say it's only rated to XXXXlbs and at least have a hitch and trailer harness as an option

Thoughts?
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where have you been??? This has been discussed many times and you are not bringing anything new to the table..

Sorry...

My fix was to get a FE and Badlands so I can tow with the Badlands..
No fix needed for me, as I don't need to tow. Looks like I'll only be buying the FE, no need for a Badlands. Lol

OP
OP
GlowingMoose

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where have you been??? This has been discussed many times and you are not bringing anything new to the table..

Sorry...

My fix was to get a FE and Badlands so I can tow with the Badlands..
Looked around for an open thread but didn't find one that talked about the option of adding a hitch and harness later, my apologies... Please post a link to such a thread as I've not found one.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We are buying an FE and a Platinum F150. One of them has a towing option.

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was told most Ford platforms will not include the wiring harness if that option was not available. I know the hitch will bolt on, and I am sure I can make up a harness if one is not provided! My 4 door FE will be towing a small off-road trailer occasionally, but have a full-size pickup for the larger stuff.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looked around for an open thread but didn't find one that talked about the option of adding a hitch and harness later, my apologies... Please post a link to such a thread as I've not found one.
I think it has over 30 pages... in one of the threads.

Towing has to do with SAE J2807 now and there are strict guidelines and tests. It's worth a Google.

You could, technically, add them both later and probably 1/2" thick steel armor, but Ford has to consider liability as car manufacturers have huge targets on their backs and plenty of mechanisms for making them pay up.

I'm sorry you didn't find what you were looking for, but...
Ford Bronco First Edition - four door - towing klG0l9x2miZjy

Ryno

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I usually try not beat a dead horse but let's keep beating this one. I have FE on order...really hoping to be able to tow some kind of lightweight overland trailer. Current B&P on Ford website still says tow package available on FE...

Screenshot_20210221-144340_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
GlowingMoose

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I usually try not beat a dead horse but let's keep beating this one. I have FE on order...really hoping to be able to tow some kind of lightweight overland trailer. Current B&P on Ford website still says tow package available on FE...

Ford Bronco First Edition - four door - towing Screenshot_20210221-144340_Chrome
Two door only
Sponsored