First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Wagoneer, 1997 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not special. We're all frustrated and everyone wants their Bronco yesterday. Many of us are driving temporary vehicles or something less than ideal while we we wait for long promised and long delayed satisfaction of owning the coolest SUV on any block.

So we're all in the same bot in many respect but some of our are in the (now) unenviable position of having reserved a "First" Edition. The 3,500 of us doubled overnight now 7,000 of us await our somewhat limited but otherwise full-featured Bronco with a guaranteed 2021 build date. But when will we know the build date? At what point do we decide that a MY22 with more options is better suited than a winter-delivery "First" Edition.

Not looking for love from Ford or any special treatment for having booked the limited release model but communication for those of us "locked" to this model year would be appreciated.

What are you other FE people doing?
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not fair. First editions should be just that. But you're going to be maybe third edition...

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not special. We're all frustrated and everyone wants their Bronco yesterday. Many of us are driving temporary vehicles or something less than ideal while we we wait for long promised and long delayed satisfaction of owning the coolest SUV on any block.

So we're all in the same bot in many respect but some of our are in the (now) unenviable position of having reserved a "First" Edition. The 3,500 of us doubled overnight now 7,000 of us await our somewhat limited but otherwise full-featured Bronco with a guaranteed 2021 build date. But when will we know the build date? At what point do we decide that a MY22 with more options is better suited than a winter-delivery "First" Edition.

Not looking for love from Ford or any special treatment for having booked the limited release model but communication for those of us "locked" to this model year would be appreciated.

We’ve only scheduled through July, and MY21s are being built through December.

Much less than half of MY21 scheduling has been done. There’s plenty of time. Calm down and wait!

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

So how do you know you were in the 1st 3500 FEs? Maybe WE are lucky to be in the 7k number... That is what I keep telling myself... (I have an FE and a Badlands on order). If you look at it that way, it is a glass half full attitude.

OP
OP
ACK_Bronco

ACK_Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So how do you know you were in the 1st 3500 FEs? Maybe WE are lucky to be in the 7k number... That is what I keep telling myself... (I have an FE and a Badlands on order). If you look at it that way, it is a glass half full attitude.
I guess the timestamp on my order would is what I'm going off. I don't know anything for sure.

In any case, as much as I'm looking forward to owning a Bronco and driving the family out to Great Point, I'm not feeling especially lucky these days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ACK_Bronco

ACK_Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We’ve only scheduled through July, and MY21s are being built through December.

Much less than half of MY21 scheduling has been done. There’s plenty of time. Calm down and wait!
Easy advice from a guy with a scheduled June build date ;)

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't this week the first week of the new cycle? Hopefully a bunch of you FE folks will get your schedule on Thursday.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just a note many many people passed on FE’s..I did and originally ordered a Wildtrak ..so time stamps of people who have other Bronco models may be ahead of FE’s.

FE’s are special builds and most people have them fully loaded ..so commodities are through the roof. Do you know if you were one of the original first 4000 or that 2nd additional 4000?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess the timestamp on my order would is what I'm going off. I don't know anything for sure.

In any case, as much as I'm looking forward to owning a Bronco and driving the family out to Great Point, I'm not feeling especially lucky these days.
No one knows "when" they oversold the 3500 and no one knows it was a 2dr/4dr thing... We all "think" we are in the first 3500, but I don't think there is a way to tell...

I am just thankful to ensure a 2021... I have a bad feeling my Badlands will be a 2022 (SAS, MIC, LUX, Tow, 2.7(

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t have an FE but we were all told we were reserving a MY21 at the beginning of this thing I passed on the FE to get what I wanted, Ford threw the FE people a Bone and said you would get a 21 but didn’t the rest of us no matter our time stam.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ACK_Bronco

ACK_Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t have an FE but we were all told we were reserving a MY21 at the beginning of this thing I passed on the FE to get what I wanted, Ford threw the FE people a Bone and said you would get a 21 but didn’t the rest of us no matter our time stam.
I guess so but if you're not getting what you want on the date you want, why not push to 22? I want the FE 22 but if they're pushing them at the end of production, that's not what I signed up for and I would opt to drop the FE and push to 22.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one knows "when" they oversold the 3500 and no one knows it was a 2dr/4dr thing... We all "think" we are in the first 3500, but I don't think there is a way to tell...

I am just thankful to ensure a 2021... I have a bad feeling my Badlands will be a 2022 (SAS, MIC, LUX, Tow, 2.7(
True ..nobody knows exactly ..

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Easy advice from a guy with a scheduled June build date ;)
I have a vin and a July 26th build date from an October 31st reservation and March order. Base 2.7 Sasquatch’d 4 door with a soft top. If a First Edition gets a build date this coming week ahead of my build date I’m going to be pissed......................................................................................

Just kidding, I am not sure how I got a vin and build date. But I do hope every First Edition reservationists gets their Broncos as swift as possible.

aj_benedetto

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoffmanford.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think we really need to remove the idea that the “First” Edition will be produced first. If the Bronco Sport is anything to go by, we received two FE units roughly two months after our first customer units were delivered. Trust me, I understand that any reason person would assume that the “First” Edition would be produced first, but that just isn’t correct. Ford should have named it “Launch Edition” or maybe even “Special Edition” because naming it the way they did only sets up an unrealistic expectation in the customers head. I genuinely hope you get your build date soon.
Sponsored